It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:40 pm

Georgian Bay boating: Any weekend is a good weekend!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 5th, 2016, 8:08 pm   
Team Member

So my wife and I purchased a home on the water in Victoria Harbour and my hope is to have a couple- few events over the summer. Do some boating and end the evening with a bonfire at the house or we may stay at the cottage. Depending on how many show we'd probably end the weekend at the cottage.

Trips could inclide:
- day trip to farmers market in midland
- day trip to penatange for lunch
- day trip to giants tomb to swim
- day trip to Christian island to swim
- day trip to mclains lake to cliff dive
- big weekend trip to Parry Sound and back, probably 20' + boats plus only
- others ?

James Cole lives close by so we're both looking to have as many boating weekends this year as we can.

Also Dean(BMax) has boated in the area and can tell you how surprisingly nice the boating on Georgisn Bay can be for even smaller boats if we stick to the protected areas!

So the deal will be if we have you over and some drinks have been had, you have to stay the night. Sue and my worry is someone leaving after having a little to many and getting pinched by the OPP or worse some one gets hurt.

So we got to figure out how to make sure between the kids and guests we have enough room. Perhaps just tenting in the back yard beside the lake would be an option.

So drop me a line as I'll be posting the weekends we're looking to do an improptu get together based on discussions with people.

I'm really excited to share some boating expericases this year, one reason I bought the Talon is I miss the destination boating I did back in the day with Anthony Santicono, Ed Husssy and many others.

I've been so lucky that so many have invited me into thier homes over the years I hope they will come. Anthony, James, Sean, Rick, Kevin/Patty, James, Kevo so many others...

So feel free to drop me a line ask questions, make suggestions and we'll see if we can put a couple-few days or weekends together and have some inexpensive fun!

Dave
705 733 0101
Dave@solutionsleadership.com

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: March 10th, 2016, 9:03 pm   

Always in honey harbour, might have our own place up there again to, lots of boating this year i hope! Last summer was cool and rainy

PostPosted: March 11th, 2016, 8:28 am   

I've always wanted to explore those water ways! I spent a lot of time on Georgian bay as a kid but had no idea what areas we covered. Be interesting to go back!

PostPosted: March 12th, 2016, 9:16 am   

I've done all the trips stated in the vking, minus a complete trip to Parry Sound. Always at 7 am on a calm morning tho. Could be cool to also take a trip up the lock through Gloucestpool to the big chute! This would be a more ideal route for some of the smaller boats. The biggest problem with the bay is the Cruiser traffic can get heavy in the summer months but when the conditions are right it is the best place to be!!!

PostPosted: March 12th, 2016, 9:21 am   

Congrats on the new home btw. Victoria Barbour is good because you can stick to the eastern shoreline to avoid the chop as much as possible

PostPosted: March 12th, 2016, 9:37 am   
Team Member

Could be cool to also take a trip up the lock through Gloucestpool to the big chute!
Yeah I think James did that one last year.

I spent a little time last year getting to know the area (rocks and stuff), will spend much more time this year. The Navionics apps for phones today are so accurate they make it very easy.

PostPosted: March 12th, 2016, 10:14 am   

Yup Navionics really took my knowledge of the area to the next level. I had about 20 awesome routes mapped out before my phone sank!

PostPosted: March 26th, 2016, 9:45 am   

Navionics is the actual shit.. i use it to help find the big ones..

i want to get out around your cottage with my fishing gear Dave..

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

PostPosted: June 28th, 2016, 2:59 pm   
Team Member

So looking at my calendar was thinking we could to a Georgian Bay run the weekend of July 23rd.

Calm weather:
We could have the run Saturday from Victoria Harbour up to Bone Island If people want and weather cooperates we could run into Penatange for lunch, VISIT BMAX< then run up around giants tomb over to Bone Island.

Windy Day:
Larger boats could put in in Victoria Harbour we could visit Midland then had across the GAP to the bottom of Bosley Island. Smaller boats could put in at Georgian Bay Landing and we could all meet up at the Irish Pub in Honey Harbour. Then off to Bone and the protected water ways.

Do some runs around the protected areas of Bone.

Some cliff jumping at McRae Lk. Bone Fire at the cottage Saturday evening then a sort run Sunday so people can start pulling out at noon Sunday

Kinda a warm up for West Lake !

Pls post if your interested and I'll start making arrangements!

I really hope some of the bigger boats will come (I know a couple skaters I'd like rides in!)

PostPosted: June 28th, 2016, 3:37 pm   

I'd be interested but I'm not sure if 'The Potato Chip' is up to the waters of G.B.

ISO Barefoot Sanger OB