It is currently April 27th, 2024, 1:32 am

200 HP Yamaha $3800

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 5th, 2019, 8:31 pm   

This motor is from a 1989 Flightcraft 20XL that I purchased in August 2018. It was a one owner boat and extremely well cared for. I have repowered with a new Mercury 200 V6 DTS and smart tow (pretty excited about this set up...) so the 200 Yamaha is for sale.
The boat was kept on its trailer when not in use so the motor has very little time in the water. It's originally from the Kelowna BC area. I live in BC, but my cottage is in Ontario near Port Severn. Both the boat and motor have been shipped to Ontario and are currently in the Port Severn area. The motor is not on the boat. It's on a crate as seen in the photos. I was told by the original owner that it has never seen salt-water. I believe him for a couple of reasons;
1) the Flightcraft would be a terrible boat for the sea conditions in BC salt water...
2) when you look at the motor it is in near new condition and no corrosion.
I have only run the boat with the 200 Yamaha twice and it ran beautifully. I had the compression checked and motor winterized before putting it away for the winter. The compression ranges from 105-108 on all cylinders.
It includes controls, oil tank, tach and trim gauges. Note that I kept the Hive Five Prop and changed the hub to Merc so it's not included.
I was told that it's a 1990, but maybe it's an 89 or 91?
I have a short video of the engine in use on the last trip out. It's too large to load, but happy to text to anyone interested.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks for looking.
If no interest here after a week, I will post to Kijiji.
$3,800
May consider a trade for an Allison 15R, Baja V1500 or Checkmate MX15. The boat must have a solid core and transom with no rot.

Last edited by GP71 on June 5th, 2019, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: June 5th, 2019, 8:33 pm   

fyi... just tried to upload photos but getting a message to say that the board quota has been reached.

PostPosted: June 13th, 2019, 9:31 pm   

kijiji ad is up with photos.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-motor ... nFlag=true

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2019, 11:58 am   

Sold.