It is currently June 26th, 2024, 6:40 am

109 Hour 2008 150 Optimax. - SOLD

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2013, 7:27 am   

SOLD - Just took a very clean 2008 150 Opti in, Mint motor, clean bill of health. they replaced the lower unit with an SEI last year from rock damage there is a chip on the corner of the mids upper cav plate at the rear. Motor just out of warranty this past july, had one coil replaced since 08. will get picks soon. 7200$ plus install no prop or controls.
Note this is a 14 pin harness connection can supply a 8-14 adapter if needed.

thanks,

Dave
Aim Marine Inc.
613-831-1246

Last edited by crankbearing on September 12th, 2013, 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: September 3rd, 2013, 11:50 pm   

crankbearing wrote:
Just took a very clean 2008 150 Opti in, Mint motor, clean bill of health. they replaced the lower unit with an SEI last year from rock damage there is a chip on the corner of the mids upper cav plate at the rear. Motor just out of warranty this past july, had one coil replaced since 08. will get picks soon. 7200$ plus install no prop or controls.

thanks,

Dave
Aim Marine Inc.
613-831-1246

Is that the motor that came off an 08 Venom??

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: September 4th, 2013, 3:16 am   

yes!

PostPosted: September 4th, 2013, 7:53 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Interesting... Where did the venom end up?

PostPosted: September 4th, 2013, 8:15 am   

OneCycle wrote:

Would like to see pictures of the Venom with the new motor. What HP was installed, Who the new owner is, Where the boat ended up? Who where why what and when, lol. Love following these Venoms. Come on crankbearing. Spill the beans.
James, your boat looks very nice. Cool colour combo. Are you pleased with the performance?

PostPosted: September 4th, 2013, 8:23 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

opmope wrote:
OneCycle wrote:

Would like to see pictures of the Venom with the new motor. What HP was installed, Who the new owner is, Where the boat ended up? Who where why what and when, lol. Love following these Venoms. Come on crankbearing. Spill the beans.
James, your boat looks very nice. Cool colour combo. Are you pleased with the performance?

Very pleased so far. The handling of these hulls are quite good even with that heavy fishin motor on the back. It accelerates very quickly with a 34 cleaver and super fast with a 30 drag.

My limiter is in the way with all the props I have tried... So I sent the 34 out to get worked. Hoping to see 105 with the current setup this year.

PostPosted: September 4th, 2013, 9:26 am   

You guys are like one big soap opera - LOL. The boat is sitting in my yard with the 150 still on it. It is getting an 03 200 built to 225X specs and a sporty, not sure on 20 or 15" mid yet. The boat is MINT not a mark on it.

PostPosted: September 4th, 2013, 10:27 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

crankbearing wrote:
You guys are like one big soap opera - LOL. The boat is sitting in my yard with the 150 still on it. It is getting an 03 200 built to 225X specs and a sporty, not sure on 20 or 15" mid yet. The boat is MINT not a mark on it.

thats cool i called on the ad when it was listed... me and Opmope were going to split it up because i had the yamaha for it. that boat was Opmope's a few years ago. is it in ontario now or is the owner in QC ? from what i hear its a Beauty.

PostPosted: September 4th, 2013, 11:53 am   

Yes it is a beauty, I found the thread on S&F when you were ordering it, Opmope why did they not put the cup holders in the dash as well? It has a new in-control hot foot installed everything else is the way it was. I tightened and bled the steering raised the motor about 2". James what jackplate are you using, I know I read some posts that suggest the 4" Bob's is best with a 20" mid. this still has the thmarine manual 6" plate. I would love to see a ProXS on it with a 15" mid but the weight. I saw that Blue on S&F with the 225 opti on it and it actually sits pretty nice in the water.

rgds,

Dave

PostPosted: September 4th, 2013, 12:12 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Dave... i can not lift my motor anymore with the jack i have and it needs to go up ... as far as motor weight.... my motor is HUGE 536lbs and the boat sits ok so im sure any Merc you through at it will be ok.

what was the reasoning for the bobs? was it the 4 inch setback or does it lift higher than the rest for the 20" shaft ?