It is currently June 29th, 2024, 12:38 am

109 Hour 2008 150 Optimax. - SOLD

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 4th, 2013, 12:28 pm   

PK Marine has a post on S&F about those working best with the Venoms Transom angle and if I recall it got the motor the highest I will see if I can find that thread again and post a link. This THmarine 6" has a about an 1" left of travel and the motor is still 1" under the pad right now.

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: September 4th, 2013, 12:38 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

i think i have my motor about level with the pad with 6" setback.... not enough to say the least.. im going to look on S&F maybe theres more info about this as it has seemed to have been brought up before.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: September 4th, 2013, 5:37 pm   

crankbearing wrote:
Yes it is a beauty, I found the thread on S&F when you were ordering it, Opmope why did they not put the cup holders in the dash as well? It has a new in-control hot foot installed everything else is the way it was. I tightened and bled the steering raised the motor about 2". James what jackplate are you using, I know I read some posts that suggest the 4" Bob's is best with a 20" mid. this still has the thmarine manual 6" plate. I would love to see a ProXS on it with a 15" mid but the weight. I saw that Blue on S&F with the 225 opti on it and it actually sits pretty nice in the water.

rgds,

Dave

Do not know why the original owner did want the cup holders. I was the second owner. I was the one that had the warranty started when I bought it. When it came from the States they never warranty registered the motor. So as far as Mercury was concerned it was never sold.
I bought it Nov 1st. and the next day it got shrink wrapped and stored. The following spring, for a joke I put a number on it and it sold in 3 days. Never even got to drive it. Lol.
With me, if the price is right, everything is for sale except my wife.
Always looking for a Euro to salvage if anyone hears of one needing cosmetic work.

PostPosted: September 5th, 2013, 1:42 am   

opmope who did you buy it from, here is the thread on S&F that I found that I assumed was you. He ordered this boat I thought, but he was from TO as well. he even talks about deleting the cup holders in the dash and posts a pic of what it will look like but never of the actual boat. http://www.screamandfly.com/showthread. ... ight=Venom

James, here is the thread where philip talks about the bob's 4" fastjack and a 300XS and the 175 proxs doing 91. I was looking at my 6" detwiler yesterday it is milled to be mounted 0-1" above the transom and has 3 mounting holes at the top and the bottom holes are slotted to allow for moving the plate up on the transom.
http://www.screamandfly.com/showthread. ... om+setback

rgds,

Dave

PostPosted: September 5th, 2013, 9:12 am   

crankbearing wrote:
opmope who did you buy it from, here is the thread on S&F that I found that I assumed was you. He ordered this boat I thought, but he was from TO as well. he even talks about deleting the cup holders in the dash and posts a pic of what it will look like but never of the actual boat. http://www.screamandfly.com/showthread. ... ight=Venom

James, here is the thread where philip talks about the bob's 4" fastjack and a 300XS and the 175 proxs doing 91. I was looking at my 6" detwiler yesterday it is milled to be mounted 0-1" above the transom and has 3 mounting holes at the top and the bottom holes are slotted to allow for moving the plate up on the transom.
http://www.screamandfly.com/showthread. ... om+setback

rgds,

Dave

That is who I bought it from. It was on consignment through Port Sandfield Marine on Lake Joseph in Muskoka. I got it for a steel. Paid $17,000 for the whole pkg. new he probably paid around $36,000 by the time he imported it from TN and paid the RIV, exchange and taxes. He had it for 3 seasons. Just had the standard mercury control shifter. The motor when I bought it had 81 hours on it. That's also what it had when I sold it. It was warranty registered Nov. 2010 so I would have thought the motor still had warranty till this Nov. 2013. I never put it in the water. As I said, sold it in the spring of 2011 and it was still shrink wrapped. The new owner from QC never even test drove the boat. You could just tell the boat was immaculate, showroom condition.
Hope this helps.
Dave.

PostPosted: September 5th, 2013, 9:51 am   

here are a couple pics from this morning, I just checked warranty and it is good until Oct 27, 2013. It had one coil claimed in it's life. It was never transferred to you or the owner in QC. sorry my camera blows.

PostPosted: September 5th, 2013, 5:07 pm   

crankbearing wrote:
here are a couple pics from this morning, I just checked warranty and it is good until Oct 27, 2013. It had one coil claimed in it's life. It was never transferred to you or the owner in QC. sorry my camera blows.

I never sais I transfered it into my name. When Port Sanfield sold me the boat I want ed the engine checked out and they found that there was a recall on the shifter linkage on the motor. Thats when they told me I had three year warranty on the motor. We kept it registered in Mario's name. Was going to transfer into my own name in the spring. Then I sold it to Real. I knew the warranty was still good till Nov.
He must have hit the lower unit real hard? Would that cause any internal motor damage?

PostPosted: September 5th, 2013, 5:22 pm   

He would have felt it immediately after installing the new gearcase, I never saw the damaged lower unit, some get replaced for as simple as a pin hole in the torpedo tube.