It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:21 pm

Triad V21 - Very Nice

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 27th, 2017, 2:14 pm   

I've enjoyed this project but time to sell and finish the Scarab. I have trouble with pics on this site (and now Photobucket issues)...
Pics are on Screamandfly in the "Over 21 foot" section.

Boat is a 9/10, highlights of the 2016/early 2017 re-rigging project are:

- Re-wired. I used to work on boats for a living and have done a lot of electrical work - this is done to last. All Anchor brand tinned marine-grade wire and heat-shrink connectors, and I ran everything inside braided loom so it looks more like automotive wiring harnesses. New blue Sea Systems switch/breaker panel with 6 circuits. Multiple ground bus bars, 12V plug. Gauges wired with independent circuits instead of daisy-chained.

- New Bombardier/OMC wiring harness, pressure gauge, SystemCheck gauge. An ETEC G1 will plug right in.

- Custom dual battery setup. The boat has TWO Odyssey absorbed glass matt (AGM) batteries - one at the transom (Odyssey mount), another under the bow on the passenger's side in a custom-made fiberglass box. This system is controlled by a Blue Sea Systems battery switch and isolator. This gives you a second battery just for the stereo, plus if you want to have 24V for drag racing you're all set up. The bow battery serves as some weight to balance the boat laterally. Most folks who run Triads without a passenger run about 30 -40 pounds of lead around the passenger seat area. Instead of carrying useless lead weight, I'm packing around a second battery. I've cranked a 3.0L Evinrude for a full day of cruising without issue on either battery.

- New top-loader foot throttle with slide adjustment plate

- New passenger seat swivel base, new drivers slide seat base

- Two new 6x9 marine speakers, all wiring, and new Kenwood marine CD deck. Deck has USB and Aux inputs and Bluetooth capability.

- New Gaffrig GPS recall tach.

- New Seastar PRO hydraulic cylinder (the "Allison-style" ram), new PRO hoses. Helm was an existing PRO helm in good shape. New custom Italian wheel from Hardin marine. New Paddle trim buttons that match the wheel (very unique look), work awesome.

- New R&R Slidemaster 6" manual jack plate, powder-coated to match boat. Works awesome, can change height while in the water in about 3 minutes.

- New 1000 gph auto bilge pump, custom mount, and hose. New rear running light base.

- New water separating fuel filter system, fuel lines, and fuel tank pick-up. Original tank is in good shape and has a return line fitting for EFI motors.

Trailer (it's the original 1992 Shorelander that came with the boat) Upgrades 2016-2017:
- New tires (including spare)
- New winch and strap
- New safety chains
- New tongue jack
- New bearings and seals
- I just bought new sealed LED light and wiring kit which will be installed before the boat sells. It has original wiring right now which all works but I don't trust it long-term. I am anal about this kind of stuff. The trailer does have some "parking lot rash" - scratches/dings here and there. Overall it looks good but if you want it perfect it needs paint. I completely trust the trailer and have towed it over the Rockies twice.

Things take prevent it from being a "10":
- The cockpit carpet is original and shows some fading/wear although no cuts or anything like that.
- Gel coat on hull is in amazing shape but there are a few scratches from docking, mostly starboard side below the rub rail so not easily seen. The decks are almost perfect however. There's a few minor stress cracks on the swim steps.
- Interior is original and again, amazing shape but there is some wear around the edges of seat cushions and rear hatch. No cuts/tears/stains/smells.
- Would benefit from a colour-matched gel coat spray on the rear corner of the hatch opening (about 1 square foot). I did a fiberglass repair there and have not had the opportunity to colour-match it - just brushed on out of the can and sanded it to get me through this season. You don't notice it from a few feet away.

Pricing:
$17,000 Cdn rigged for OMC. I'll deduct $500 if you don't want the OMC-specific rigging.

If you really want power you can have the 1992 225 Johnson carb that's on it for 21-K all in with a 27" SRX (in very nice shape). The motor is totally stock other than solid mounts, Bob's cone and torque tab, and disabled VRO (which could be easily re-connected and I have an oil tank you can have). Motor has 1998 electronics and carbs, 1995 finger-ported block, <100 hours since being freshened up (hone/new rings, carbs all rebuilt, 1 new piston), gearcase was re-sealed 2 years ago with new water pump too. Motor runs perfect.

BONUS: This boat is easily insurable for less than $1000/year with coverage that is actually useful. I'll put the buyer in touch with the agent who wrote the policy.

I really like the boat but living in Alberta I can't justify 2 boats, and now most of my boating will be done on the BC coast (friend owns 2 waterfront properties), so the Scarab/V8 project needs to be finished !

Matt
cell/text 519-330-3462 before 9pm Mountain time.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: August 31st, 2017, 11:12 pm   

A bunch more pics added on S&F.

Matt

PostPosted: September 7th, 2017, 11:33 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

OMCFORME wrote:
A bunch more pics added on S&F.

Matt

Copy a link to the SF ad. Someone needs this boat...they just work so well.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: September 8th, 2017, 11:00 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthread. ... -Very-Nice

Here ya go...

PostPosted: September 9th, 2017, 1:09 pm   

Thanks Doc - boat is now sold - its new home will be in Ontario ;)

Thanks HPBC !

Matt

PostPosted: September 9th, 2017, 2:26 pm   
Team Member

Nice!!!!

PostPosted: September 17th, 2017, 9:49 pm   
Team Member

Sweet! Perhaps we will see it on a lake near us soon. Love these boats and this blue one looks real nice.

Charger 18 DL, 2.6L Yamaha

PostPosted: November 16th, 2020, 12:57 am   
Team Member

where did this boat end up? better yet.... where mitchs old boat??

PostPosted: November 16th, 2020, 7:21 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Mitchie's went back to the US..

PostPosted: November 17th, 2020, 12:42 am   
Team Member

ah ok.. tougher then i thought it would be to find something.