It is currently April 30th, 2024, 6:53 pm

Wtb Grew Cub, watermouse, or mini kids boat

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 31st, 2016, 10:16 am   

Looking for a "kids" boat, would like a Cub or Watermouse but open to other ideas... Will take a project boat if the price is right? Have seen the 2 Cubs on Kijiji and they are priced a little high for the amount of work needed (in my opinion). With a motor is preferred, with or without a trailer. Call or text me Chris 416-388-4027

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: August 2nd, 2016, 6:21 pm   

I posted this recently...

The owner of our local marina has a small maybe 9-10' fiberglass boat with a 30 hp. He said today all is running well, I expect the motor is well maintained. I always had my eye on that 30 hp for our Glen-L Tunnel Mite, but my son is now 18, so getting beyond this. Although I have to add even I have lots of fun zooming around in the kneel down Tunnel Mite. It is safe and stable, handles waves well and turns on a dime. I just put my 302 Yamato on the Tunnel Mite. 70 kmph no problem, still a reasonable speed for younger kids/cottage use. I think the boat at the marina would perform similarly. If you're interested you could call Curt Harrison, at Harrison Landing Marina near Nobel, off Hwy 559 north of Parry Sound. Tel. (705) 342-5572(705) 342-5572, email service@harrisonlanding.ca . Our Tunnel Mite is up at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqT6bc3iFhY , gives you a good sense of what it can do. I think the performance of Curt's boat is similar.

What looks like the identical boat but in blue not red and also with a 30 hp motor, is for sale at City Marine in Port Credit [Mississauga]. Dave Sullivan at City Marine would help with this. Two boats for two kids to race??

Tom

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2016, 10:20 pm   

Sounds like it is worth a look, I'm up at the cottage this week just outside of Parry Sound (Dunchurch on Whitestone Lake). Will look this guy up! Thanks for the info