It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:40 am

SUGGESTIONS FOR 4 WHEEL ELECTRIC ALL WHEEL DRIVE ATV

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 16th, 2017, 11:27 pm   
Team Member

Now that I am well into my senior years, I am finding it more difficult to move the boats/trailers around. I noticed the improvements in the electric ATV's. They now have larger models and some with trailer hitches. Electric would be best for me because the ATV would not go great distances and it would sit for long periods of time. Plus you can just jump on it and go.
A quad all wheel drive would be the best for me.
Anyone have any experience with large electric ATV's?
Make? Model? Suggestion[s]?

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: October 19th, 2017, 7:51 pm   

We had for the longest time a 'utility' version of the Club Car [even had a motorized dumping bed, and the bed was a decent size, useful]. They come in both gas and electric. I believe both ways lots of torque, never an issue with heavy loads of building materials and going uphill [our island cottage has a long, steep hill up, at least as steep as a boat ramp]. Super tight turning radius, too. They can be bought used at a good price. In my experience, very reliable. Our application was exactly like yours -- short distances, sit for long periods of time. We now have a Kubota RTV 500 [Kubota gas engine], which I also like, but I have to admit the Club Car was more practical. For my application, a UTV -- meaning emphasis on utility with torque, not top speed -- is much more useful than an 'ATV' which just looks cooler and goes quicker, but from what I've seen, isn't necessarily built as well [esp. vs. the Kubota, which is really solid]. Anyway, in my experience, can't go wrong with either one.

Our local marina guys have two of the utility Club Cars, use 'em hard, and our barge/tug guy has my old one [still going strong after I traded him for barge trip with a big load of gravel and some road re-surfacing work].

PostPosted: October 19th, 2017, 8:03 pm   

Here's the Kubota in action...
http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y34 ... 1508371109

The Club Car is the 'CarryAll' version, ours was an older model, check out newer models at...
http://www.clubcar.com/us/en/commercial ... l-550.html

Tom