It is currently April 16th, 2024, 5:16 am

Rock racing

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 15th, 2017, 5:37 pm   

Any others around here into offroad, or specificlly rock racing on the TMR Customs Offroad Racing series?

Ive been racing this POS '84 toyota thing for the last 4 years. I go up against big tire/axle/hp rigs and do pretty good sometimes. Its on 37" sticky Maxxis Creepy crawlers, stock 22RE motor, dual transfer cases with 4.7 cut gear in rear case. Fully built toyota 8" axles with lots of truss, cromo axles, etc. Full cage, suspension seat, etc.

Heres a link to info on the series if interested. Its cheap buck wild racing all accross ontario, starting in Tweed the weekend adter May long.

https://m.facebook.com/tmrcustomsoffroadracingseries/

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: May 18th, 2017, 11:13 am   
Team Member

That's so fuckin cool. I have always loved that stuff. I used to live on Pirate4x4.com reading Toyota build threads but never pulled the trigger. I compromised with the RC stuff... Its turning out to be nearly as expensive... lol.

PostPosted: May 19th, 2017, 12:13 am   
Team Member

Yup this stuff is cool. I always secretly wanted to turn my old '04 TRD Taco into a trail rig. Alas life gets in the way and I sold it for pretty decent money when I got my new one :). Looks like a blast!

Charger 18 DL, 2.6L Yamaha

PostPosted: May 19th, 2017, 12:56 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

I didn't even know this was a thing!! That looks like a lot of fun.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: May 19th, 2017, 6:41 pm   

Its fawkin crazy, and im loving it. Ive had the truck for 7 years, and built it for crawling. It has no business racing but it has been fun trying to show em up. I keep it as lite as possible (3400 lbs) so i can just pin it and bounce off stuff with less chance of breaking. Most of my competition in MOD class runs JEEP based stuff and there all 4500 lbs plus.

I race/raced 1/10 th scale rc 2wd buggy since i was 9 years old. Love the rc stuff. I currently have an axial scx 10 for a crawler, and ditched my 1/10 carpet racing stuff in 2016 for a bit of an hiatus. So, yeah i know its expensive. You can have a few grand into it in less then a month. Super addictive. I also have a 29" brushless V bottom boat on 4 cells. Super fun! Ill try and find some pics.

Im racing the Toyota in Tweed on May 27th for the season opening race of the series. I also created this event and organize/run it. Its our 5th year racing at the venue, and my 7 year organizing "Crawlfest".

The park is on lake stocco and they host snomobile water racing among other things. Its the perfect racing venue for boats. Have you guys ever considered racing out of there? Trudeau park. Its had one hell of a history, but has been cleaning up the act since 2010. P.S. I used to party there back in the day too.