It is currently April 28th, 2024, 3:38 am

Scoring for T-boats

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 12th, 2015, 9:25 pm   
Drag Racing Sponsor

I talked with a few people about this and most seemed to think it was a good idea. I would like to know if anyone racing T-boats would be interested in having the points awarded to the team or the boat rather than the individual driving? Other forms of boat racing are like this and other forms of racing are like this. Say for instance my team is "PMT Racing" - l show up for 3 of the race weekends but am unable to make the 4th. I find another driver to run my boat that weekend. All points are awarded to PMT Racing instead of splitting it up to 2 drivers. If a driver can't make it for any reason and they are in the points race, they may be more likely to find someone to sub in which will keep the boat count up. What do you guys think?

19' Laser 380 Ray (Future Project)

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: October 13th, 2015, 9:02 am   

:) Both Todd & I like the idea of awarding the points to the Team or Boat #. In fact, next year we may split up driving our 2 boats between Todd, Matt, & I. I will probably be the floating driver between the 2 classes. Hope all other T boat drivers will put forth their thoughts as well.

PostPosted: October 13th, 2015, 9:11 am   
Team Member

Team Toaster also agrees with this points format.

PostPosted: October 13th, 2015, 10:55 am   
Team Member

if points go to boat and not driver, all drivers still need to register and scoring needs to track who is in the boat for each heat for insurance reasons.

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: October 13th, 2015, 11:24 am   

This sounds like a great idea to me , would also be a great way to get more people out on the water and racing. People should split the cost of a boat and if the person is the same size the saftey gear as well.

PostPosted: October 13th, 2015, 11:26 am   

Could not should dam auto correct lol

PostPosted: October 13th, 2015, 2:33 pm   
TORC VP

Ahh... SO here is where I become an asshole and play devils advocate...... I think you need to keep Team and Driver separate. If you want to have an award for a team great. giving the points to the boat takes away from the guy that busts his ass to be at every event. Also we don't have enough tech to make sure it stays even. here is the scenario...... My boat with Me in it is bang on weight.... Last race of the season my TEAM is 10 points back, and I ask heavy kevi to drive because I suck and couldn't get my boat around the course with a guide dog and a paddle also Kev weighs 100bls less than me..... Kevi wins....and my team gets 1st!! sweet.... but the boat wasn't legal. This is a drivers class. One single person that drives and throttles. We come up against this stuff in my offshore class. It was the end of the season and a boat that runs in the middle of the class all the time but was second in points because they went to all the races put paid professionals in the boat for the nationals and worlds.... I don't get it our type of racing is not a team sport.

PostPosted: October 13th, 2015, 6:35 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

I'm with Jay...though I do like the idea of letting someone new try the boat for a heat or guys that have a 750 and 850 boat who want to swap drivers around for fun and the original driver not taking a points hit for being a nice guy. I think the racer who makes it to all the races and keeps the show going (clearly not me of late) should be rewarded for that effort....and it also short changes the substitute driver lol.

It's only 4 races...maybe give a trophy to everyone so we all win ;).

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: October 13th, 2015, 10:13 pm   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

Nice try Kevin :lol:

PostPosted: October 13th, 2015, 10:20 pm   
Team Member

But I already advanced him some money...all the secret testing was for nothing!