It is currently May 22nd, 2024, 10:38 am

The T750 Special 2013 OFFERING....CANCELLED

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 30th, 2012, 6:55 pm   
Team Member

CCI my plan was a little different than what it appeared to be in this thread. There actually would have been no illegal boats by the time Waterford 2013 came around. Over the last 4 years I have had a lot of interest from people with 53 to 58 mph VooDoos and Deltas etc. Most of these boats ran OMC long shaft, large gear case lower units. They just can't run with the current T850's, so they will not come out. I thought if I offered the lucky draw, it would encourage them. The killer on the thread was me saying yes to the Mini VooDoo 60 hp. That fellow was one of 4 guys wanting to race as a group. I have years of experience with Mini VooDoo's. That boat would not be competitive in T750. The full size VooDoo runs better with the same power. The other 3 boats would be 100% legal in T850, but SLOW! The plan was to have the new interested people come to the Six Mile T party next spring. The Mini VooDoo would show it was not competitive and we could sell that racer a different [legal boat] , afteral he already has the legal T750 motor. Jake's T750 Delta will show the others. If the fellow still wanted to run the Mini, he would to told by the T Class group that he could not and I would take the blame for saying he could. So what would this thread have gotten us? Six more legal boats! IN ONE DAY! Good news is we add another T850 Critchfield to-day and we should have confirmation of a second T850 Critchfield in 2 weeks.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: July 30th, 2012, 6:56 pm   
Team Member

The T Class continues to grow

PostPosted: July 30th, 2012, 7:57 pm   
Team Member

I agree the mini voodoo was the killer, cool to get some legal boats going for 2013 to help fill the class. Funny thing is I'm certain that's my old mini haha ;) I sold it to make room for a GT 30.... but the moulds have became a short term issue. :) Its just nice to see that everyone actually cares and wants to keep pushing boat racing along! 8-)

PostPosted: July 31st, 2012, 6:48 am   
Team Member

To bad the offer got cancelled I know a guy with a yamaha combination that would have been perfect for the class!! :lol:

PostPosted: July 31st, 2012, 7:38 am   
Team Member

Paul the Critchfield we added yesterday was Dave Elsey. So they will have 3 Ts next year. Jennifer's T750 Delta, Jakes Critchfield 49 and Dave's Critchfield 56. Now if we get Doug's Critchfield 56 in the mix, add your second team boat and get both Jim and Dave back. We have a hugh field of GOOD boats!