It is currently April 27th, 2024, 3:25 am

NOT HAVING A NATIONAL LEVEL HURTS RACE CLASSES LIKE T CLASS

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 9th, 2019, 11:07 pm   
Team Member

Gull Lake would suck.
Way to much interference from dipshits.
Allisonwonderland could be made available.....
We got a drag strip as well....;-)
If ya wanna keep things “fair”.....one engine builder does all the powerheads for the class and you get your power head when you show up to the race, or the season (using sealed powerheads).

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: February 10th, 2019, 12:38 am   
Team Member

Northbase wrote:
HAVING IT THERE WOULD GET BETTER TURN OUT.
WOULD THE SECOND SATURDAY IN JUNE BE OK?

If ya wanna keep things “fair”.....one engine builder does all the powerheads for the class and you get your power head when you show up to the race, or the season (using sealed powerheads).

i SUGGESTED A SIMILAR IDEA YEARS AGO......YOU TOOK YOUR DISASSEMBLED POWERHEAD TO THE TECH INSPECTOR IN THE OFF SEASON. HE CHECKED IT. ASSEMBLED AND THEN SEALED IT. YOU NEVER HAD TO HAVE AN AT RACE INSPECTION SO LONG AS THE POWERHEAD STAYED SEALED. SADLY I WAS THE ONLY RACER TO DO IT.

PostPosted: February 10th, 2019, 10:09 am   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:
Northbase wrote:
HAVING IT THERE WOULD GET BETTER TURN OUT.
WOULD THE SECOND SATURDAY IN JUNE BE OK?

i SUGGESTED A SIMILAR IDEA YEARS AGO......YOU TOOK YOUR DISASSEMBLED POWERHEAD TO THE TECH INSPECTOR IN THE OFF SEASON. HE CHECKED IT. ASSEMBLED AND THEN SEALED IT. YOU NEVER HAD TO HAVE AN AT RACE INSPECTION SO LONG AS THE POWERHEAD STAYED SEALED. SADLY I WAS THE ONLY RACER TO DO IT.

Probably the reason this was never embraced is because it won’t solve your problem, you won’t get “fair” or “equal”. Unless you are willing to take set up and testing time out of the equation you will not get what your looking for. The guys that spend hours testing and have a good driver will always be out front, so the guys that don’t test will still stay at home because they can’t compete. We are probably 6-7mph faster in our 750 boat from the time Jesse started racing to today and 99% of it is set up, props and Jesse’s driving. Your gonna have to limit...props, set back, prop height, etc. Etc. A class like that will appeal to a novice or an experienced racer that has not time and doesn’t mind going slower

PostPosted: February 10th, 2019, 11:12 am   
Team Member

Paul, your boat is currently the top boat in T750. It's a perfect example of what happens when a boat has not been a national champion becomes the top boat. Many in the class will assume you are running an illegal motor. Todd in T850 had the same situation. You can talk all you want about the set up time, props and testing to become successful and until your motor has had a compete inspection and proves to be legal many in the class will not believe you.

PostPosted: February 10th, 2019, 11:27 am   

Don’t know if any of you guys have seen this post in the OPC section of hydroracer but there’s some chatter there from a group of guys in region 6 looking to get a class going like the COR100 class out west. You might want to take a look and mention your T classes here. Looks to me like most of the action would be in Michigan. Heading in the Forum is “Looking to Get This Class Going in Region 6”. Lots of opportunity there if you can hook up with those guys. They are talking drags, oval and marathon racing.

PostPosted: February 10th, 2019, 12:08 pm   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:
Paul, your boat is currently the top boat in T750. It's a perfect example of what happens when a boat has not been a national champion becomes the top boat. Many in the class will assume you are running an illegal motor. Todd in T850 had the same situation. You can talk all you want about the set up time, props and testing to become successful and until your motor has had a compete inspection and proves to be legal many in the class will not believe you.

Yup heard it all....oh well you will hear things like that in ever sport no matter what...there will always be someone feeling they are not on equal ground for what ever reason and they have to blame something except themselves

But I think you are still missing the point a sealed motor alone won’t solve issue if you want equal to many other variables to build on for the ones that invest the time..the successful sealed engine buggy classes in the US etc. have all common parts, no different then the challenge races when they bring in top drivers from various fields and give them identical vehicles, no performance advantage.

They run the Asian series with the 50hp tohatsu, identical set ups, great concept but don’t see them attracting any new drivers from what i’ve seen. Stock outboard has 300ssh (sealed engine class) but I think even there complaints “must be cheat’n” have arisen a while back when one individual was the high points winner 3 years in a row.

PostPosted: February 10th, 2019, 9:03 pm   
Team Member

LittleCharger wrote:
They run the Asian series with the 50hp tohatsu, identical set ups, great concept but don’t see them attracting any new drivers from what i’ve seen. Stock outboard has 300ssh (sealed engine class) but I think even there complaints “must be cheat’n” have arisen a while back when one individual was the high points winner 3 years in a row.

I have been following both those classes as well. It's a fellow name Terry ?? that has won 300ssh class 3 years in a row. There was a lot of talk about 300ssh pro and con, but, the class is growing. Stock Outboard and the 50 hp Tohatsu share the same problem....boring with many parade races. Some in Stock outboard suggested 2 lap races instead of 3. Even NASCAR is now becoming boring for many and fan numbers are dropping.