It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:46 am

EXPLANATION....WHAT IS SESSION[S].....WHY IT'S USEFUL

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 14th, 2017, 6:33 am   
Team Member

The biggest problem in building a race class is boat count. Clubs will not put the class on their schedule unless there are enough boats. When the class is an established class such as JH [Junior Hydro] they will run the class even if there are only 2 or 3 boats. Classes that have not been established on their schedule will not get included.
It takes years to get through the growth problems and get a large enough boat count for a non established class. I have been in that situation before with T Class. While this is happening the class is not at the races and people don't see the class. That makes it more difficult to grow the class.

WHAT IS SESSION[S]
A SESSION is an open practice. It is NOT a race. It is a timed period.....20 to 40 minutes. The boats in the session can be different type hulls.....they are grouped in the session by similar speed and boat size. The boats MUST be classes that have a rule book and the rules for their class must be followed. The classes in the session will be listed on the CBF Sanction. NO walk on classes allowed. There is NO scoring. There will be a group rep for each session to co ordinate the session. There could be one session per day or multiple shortened sessions to fill in down time... say in the case of patrol boat changes. Racers are allowed to go to the pits during the session. A current racer can use the session for the opportunity to try a different class. There will be special driving rules, for example THE SAFETY CIRCLE. This is the minimum space between and around boats . The faster the class, the larger the safety circle.

WHY IT'S USEFUL
It is a good way to get new racers to try our sport. There is no pressure. They get in more laps and gain more driving experience compared to a race.. They get to work on boat set ups while testing on a race course. They get to see and even try different types of boats. It is a good way to build the boat counts of classes. The club could draw a boat class from the sessions group and add them to a scheduled class that has a small boat count at that race. Sessions does not add extra classes to the schedule. It could be before, during or after the race scheduled day. The different boat options make it easy to see where the new interests are. Classes that grow [boat count] in sessions can become their own class. It would be fun to watch for both racers and fans. Sessions drivers will move into current classes. Some sessions drivers will stay in sessions. More drivers means more revenue for the club and for CBF. There will be more pressure and more concern about noise and green motors in the future. We may not be able to run some current classes. We could lose race sites because of those concerns. Sessions gets us on track to make change and offer options. There is a large Sea Flea following. Session is a next step for them. In UIM there are many GREEN classes above entry level the trend has changed.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: December 15th, 2017, 10:28 am   
Team Member

Re-read the first post. I did add to it.

SO FAR WE HAVE GOT PEOPLE INTERESTED IN:
- GT PRO.....1 tunnel...1 V hull
- S750,,,,,,,,,2 tunnels
- JT.........one tunnel
- Dinghy Dawg.......2 tiller models
- GT30....one T boat
- T850......1 boat.....would not be surprised if this becomes the largest group. There are more lake runner T's than any other class and many of these guys would love to play on the oval just for fun.

Post if your interested or message me if you do not want your name to be shown. I would just add the boat to the list.

PostPosted: June 6th, 2018, 12:59 pm   
Team Member

Don ....SNOPRO 86.....RE- Racing your S750 with the T's at Gravenhurst.

Don, Perry not sure if you got my 2 private messages.
I think you will be able to run with the T's.
LC is going to confirm with TORC for final APPROVAL.
At the race site at 8 am SATURDAY you will need to purchase a WEEKEND CBF Membership and a TORC Club membership in order to race.
These memberships are a requirement for all racers.

Last edited by Hounddog on June 12th, 2018, 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: June 11th, 2018, 2:53 pm   
Team Member

WONDER IF THIS IS THE S750 BOAT??

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-motor ... nFlag=true

PostPosted: June 11th, 2018, 9:09 pm   

No its actually the owner of the s 750s back up boat.But I can bring it along if anyone is interested.lol. Cheers Perry

PostPosted: June 12th, 2018, 9:38 am   
Team Member

snopro 86 wrote:
No its actually the owner of the s 750s back up boat.But I can bring it along if anyone is interested.lol. Cheers Perry

Gravenhurst race would be a good place to show that boat. The fellow with the old FE Delta T750 for sale may bring that boat to Gravenhurst as well.