It is currently May 5th, 2024, 6:53 am

T-850 Gravenhurst 2016

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 PostPosted: June 20th, 2016, 12:47 pm   
Team Member

I bit off topic but!
The T750 Toaster will run at Gravenhurst. I will pre register it with Kevin as the driver. Kevin if you have problems then Paul can run it.
I spend 3 days trying to get the T750 Yamaha ready. Damn near burned myself out. Everything is just a bit different on that 6F0 powerhead. I got it ready to mount of the 15 mid Only to find the drive shaft is 3/16 of an inch too long?? Then the cowl does not fit because the new style electrics bracket is larger. This is the strangest powerhead I have ever worked on. Hard to reason that Yamaha would have 4 different blocks for the same motor. The inners are the same crank, rods, pistons and sleeves but the front half, back half and heads are different. The block's boss locations to mount parts are also different. I got to step away from it for a week or two to clear my mind.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: June 20th, 2016, 1:45 pm   
Drag Racing Sponsor

Hounddog wrote:
I bit off topic but!
The T750 Toaster will run at Gravenhurst. I will pre register it with Kevin as the driver. Kevin if you have problems then Paul can run it.
I spend 3 days trying to get the T750 Yamaha ready. Damn near burned myself out. Everything is just a bit different on that 6F0 powerhead. I got it ready to mount of the 15 mid Only to find the drive shaft is 3/16 of an inch too long?? Then the cowl does not fit because the new style electrics bracket is larger. This is the strangest powerhead I have ever worked on. Hard to reason that Yamaha would have 4 different blocks for the same motor. The inners are the same crank, rods, pistons and sleeves but the front half, back half and heads are different. The block's boss locations to mount parts are also different. I got to step away from it for a week or two to clear my mind.

Works for me! I look forward to giving the Toaster it's first checkered flag!

19' Laser 380 Ray (Future Project)

PostPosted: June 20th, 2016, 1:53 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Hounddog wrote:
I bit off topic but!

They really messed with the 50/60...two different sized driveshaft diameters too. Tuner/muffler lengths, water routing....on and on...I may have some pieces around if you need...

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: June 20th, 2016, 1:56 pm   
Team Member

DoktorC wrote:
Hounddog wrote:
I bit off topic but!

They really messed with the 50/60...two different sized driveshaft diameters too. Tuner/muffler lengths, water routing....on and on...I may have some pieces around if you need...

They probably got confused with what motor they were copying....merc parts got mixed in with the omc!! :lol:

PostPosted: June 20th, 2016, 3:50 pm   
Team Member

DOC and LC you are both right. DOC, I have 3 different exhaust tuners. I do not have the 6F1 dual tuner which is the one I would like. I do have a drawing of one so I can make one. LC I just finished an OMC 2 cylinder and the two motors have a lot in common. The crank and rods are heavier in the Yamaha. I think the drive shaft is too long because of the round cone on the top. The twin shaft is flat. I will compare the shafts and make the change to the spline length. I will take my time and do it right.

PostPosted: June 20th, 2016, 5:08 pm   
Team Member

I just noticed that Top Gun is listed in T850. Good to have him back!!

PostPosted: June 20th, 2016, 9:32 pm   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:
I just noticed that Top Gun is listed in T850. Good to have him back!!

Ok, I gotta get Voodoodoo out of storage Friday, cause I F'n kicked TG's Ass in 2013 Dunnville until I handed him inside lane on turn 8.

Holy SHIT this could be another TG/Buckey Balls classic dickfest showdown,....who will blow up, who will barrell roll, who has floatation...OMG, i'm like a 18yo nympho sorority girl attending first Eta Smegma Pie frat house keg party!!!
WTF are the rules?...who cares?...did we change to qualifying heats if >8 boats, with consolation heat for those that don't qualify 2nd round? if so i'm sure we're over now.
Schoolgirls Doc and Lil Charger will be happy fingering each other for 5 laps.
Good for you for TG for growing hair on your balls to show up again:) Whoohoo!
Game ON!....don't think voodoodoo will be there, but my dog's in the fight!

PostPosted: June 20th, 2016, 9:47 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Fuck you lipstick...get your shit together and get that heap to graveyhole!!

Nothing I like better than seeing you driving backwards into a corner.. :)

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: June 20th, 2016, 10:28 pm   
Team Member

Hydroid, talk to Davey, I bet he will give you another shot at running his Allison. Wonder if TG will run the new yellow boat? Don't forget about Kevi running his new blue boat. We need to get Rusty out as well. I can see DOC and LC jumping the start and see if the fast guys can run them down!

PostPosted: June 21st, 2016, 7:18 am   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:
I can see DOC and LC jumping the start and see if the fast guys can run them down!

Doesn't sound like such a bad idea....lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next