It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 2:34 am

Open discussion on the T Engine rules, Running of heats etc

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: June 13th, 2012, 9:38 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

SST60RYE wrote:
lets just race, lets stop fussing over ci, bring what you got, there is no dominant motor, its luck and driver, im in it for the fun only... period

EXACTLY!!!! The voodoo doesn't care if it's a 56 or a 49.... It'll role either one if you get too close :shock:

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: June 13th, 2012, 10:01 pm   
Team Member

There are many reasons a boat is competitive, the engine is just one.

How about we just run this season and have some fun as is, and discuss any changes after seeing how they compare. ;)

PostPosted: June 13th, 2012, 10:12 pm   
Team Member

If total points is the issue then score the 49 separate...couldn't careless about points...as long as I finish ahead of that soap dish voodoo that's all that matters...this is like a pond hockey game to me...the score doesn't really matter, it's all about hanging out having a good time, doing a few laps and laughing about it.

PostPosted: June 13th, 2012, 10:21 pm   
Team Member

It's good to have these types of threads and posts. We get lots of opinions and an understanding that we can address concerns and make adjustments as and when needed. It is all about communication.

Dave you may remember that late 50's NOS 59.9 cubic inch 6 cylinder Mercury short shaft the collector had for sale awhile back on ebay. Well it did not sell and he is interested in one of my old motors as trade bait. So if the 56'rs get there way with the rest of us, we may need to repower Jakes boat.

PostPosted: June 13th, 2012, 10:22 pm   
Team Member

daveee wrote:

How about we just run this season and have some fun as is, and discuss any changes after seeing how they compare. ;)

the rules need to be made as we go ,so YOU don't have time to think about it! :lol:

PostPosted: June 13th, 2012, 10:34 pm   
Team Member

daveee wrote:

The issue is simple so let's just deal with it now and not let it detract from the t class, just score them separately end of story, the 56ers won't care.

Cheers,

PostPosted: June 13th, 2012, 11:00 pm   
Team Member

Don
My Dad had a Mark 78A, 6 cyl direct reversing! ~ 1960. Short shaft come to think of it. Love to have it now, stick it on an old Glasstron and show you guys! (Assuming it is < 60 cubes.)

My first BIG engine was a Merc 800DR, short shaft with a Quickie. Put it on an old GW Invader 15'. Can I race it?

Attachments:
15' GW Invader Daves.jpg
15' GW Invader Daves.jpg [ 44.7 KiB | Viewed 841 times ]

PostPosted: June 14th, 2012, 8:32 am   
Team Member

daveee wrote:
Don
My Dad had a Mark 78A, 6 cyl direct reversing! ~ 1960. Short shaft come to think of it. Love to have it now, stick it on an old Glasstron and show you guys! (Assuming it is < 60 cubes.)

My first BIG engine was a Merc 800DR, short shaft with a Quickie. Put it on an old GW Invader 15'. Can I race it?

Dave this thing has a speedmaster on it as well and it is 59.9 cubic inch. I always loved the Glaspar G3 with the old 800DR motor. The younger guys likely don't remember those motors. You had to shut them off and restart them everytime you wanted to go reverse or forward. It was a pain. You could get a speedmaster foot for under $200.00 as an option.
Knowing this group I think they would love to see one of these old boats/Mercurys run. The sad part is we remember these outfits and thought they were very fast. They would be slow compared to the T boats of to-day. Now put a 1500XS with or without a speedmaster on the 15 invader and its a new game.

PostPosted: June 15th, 2012, 11:19 am   
Team Member

Hey guys for what it is worth, do not lose sight of what you have going on here. This is how Boat Racing got started back in the day. Bring your weekend hot rod with safety equipment, and see how you stack up... Once you take it too seriously, or squabble over every detail, you have lost sight of what it is all about. I am not saying that is what's going on here, simply stating you have a great thing going. Racing here in the states got way to cut throat, and was not even fun anymore heading from the 80's to the 90's Myself and son Matt went to some races last year, and guess what NOTHING had changed. At the Nationals (OPC) in Kankakee, Ill they had to address a fight at the drivers meeting that almost came to blows, over a tweet or Facebook post... WOW are you kidding me?? We had the best time running with you guys, in Waterford and are looking forward to more great times ahead. The people are not the sport, The SPORT IS ABOUT THE PEOPLE, and you all have some fine peeps!!!! I was overwhelmed with offers to try to get us up and running again @ GH. Thanks to LC (Paul) for sending that trim pump. You guys have what a lot of people wish they had, fun with people that share the same passion. Can't wait to see you guys next weekend...

PostPosted: June 15th, 2012, 1:17 pm   
Team Member

Prior to T party, I recall T's unanimously agreed upon 2 measurement criteria, weight and compression.
1) A couple of boats never got weighed. Don, bring along electronic scale/straps. Gtee'd Hunter Eqpmnt has a girder/block/tackle in his heavy epmnt shop.
2) Let's get the compression done Fri/Sat.

Not suggesting we need to act on findings, it provides a base line understanding where pple are at. There shouldn't be any resistance to the above; beware those who doth protest too much.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next