It is currently May 5th, 2024, 8:02 am

Some T Notes from the December 5th TORC Meeting

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 10th, 2015, 6:00 pm   
Team Member

good ideas Don, BTW i think Dunnville is still interested in hosting an event.
There is far too much down time I agree. I race moto x, club based same as TORC idea. We run all day for the love of the sport not spectators. A couple things we have done in order to try and run smooth events.
1. Start on time. if you say meeting is at 8:35 have it at 8:35. No late sign in. We sound a horn 5 mins before meeting and 5 mins before we expect bikes on the gate, and we try to start on time.
2. We print our raceday schedule in March, we use two different schedules but you could have more if you wanted. We identify what schedule we will run on each race day on the annual calendar. You know the days event schedule well in advance
3. Mandatory volunteer. Each member must commit to a full day of volunteer work. Must be picked when you join for the year, if you don't show you are no longer a member in good standing and all your privileges are revoked. Our volunteers generally perform race day flagging and scoring. you could do something similar with turn boats and scoring. Given the number of events perhaps you only commit to half day, not sure. We have limited number of volunteer stations for each event, once they are full you have to select from another event.
its not perfect but i works pretty good. I would be happy to discuss with you guys.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: December 10th, 2015, 6:59 pm   
Team Member

I have strongly always spoken just my opinion that Drag should be in the middle slot. All 3 classes in a row.
Splitting the race classes up seems to cause nothing but delays due to having to get set back up and man the start boat etc.

The loudest racing comes from the SO group unless you are talking about Greg's OUTLAW boat , but why would you want an OUTLAW boat to be heard and not witnessed ?

Once again not arguing , just my thoughts and it's great we can talk straight with no ego. We need to all be mutually as happy as we can be as one team moving forward.

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

PostPosted: December 10th, 2015, 9:03 pm   
Team Member

SO says the patrol boat changes are a necessary delay.
I think we need to do them a different way.
First buy some life jackets and have them in the boats.
Second stagger the patrol boat change. Don't always do all of them at the same time.
Have an extra boat on the ready to do the change. After a heat when the race boats go to the pits. One patrol boat comes to the pits with them. The extra patrol boat goes out with the next group of racers. You just repeat the process with the other patrol boats. Switch is done one at a time. No delays! It only requires planning.

PostPosted: December 10th, 2015, 10:13 pm   
Team Member

Don, I believe that it was mentioned that a location in Trenton area could possibly be available that would work for T's and Drags and they would be interested. Racing was held there in past years?
Also, if that place near Bala would work, we could possibly have 4 runs a season! (Ski School, I think).

As far as TORC is concerned, Jeff is head of DRAG, sorry Jeff to put you in the hot seat, but I confirmed that at the meeting, since Don and I were the only ones able to make it . Don was busy with T issues so I shot my mouth off when Drag issues came up, only restating issues that had been raised here on site. Also that Dean was looking after inspections and drafting an inspection guide line.

Al

PostPosted: December 10th, 2015, 10:23 pm   
Team Member

wetsidedown wrote:
Don, I believe that it was mentioned that a location in Trenton area could possibly be available that would work for T's and Drags and they would be interested. Racing was held there in past years?
Also, if that place near Bala would work, we could possibly have 4 runs a season! (Ski School, I think).

As far as TORC is concerned, Jeff is head of DRAG, sorry Jeff to put you in the hot seat, but I confirmed that at the meeting, since Don and I were the only ones able to make it . Don was busy with T issues so I shot my mouth off when Drag issues came up, only restating issues that had been raised here on site. Also that Dean was looking after inspections and drafting an inspection guide line.

Al

Al I'm confused here ..... this is the only post you have made in this discussion unless I'm missing something
What issues ?
What did you shoot your mouth off about ?
And lastly what puts me in a hot seat ?

???

PostPosted: December 10th, 2015, 11:09 pm   
Team Member

Well Jeff, I said that you were drag rep. as far as the group was concerned!
That the group was trying to better their setup.
That the group was to have a meeting in jan. some time after torc meeting but I expected some of the group would attend.
Just cause I don't post doesn't mean I'm not listening!

PostPosted: December 10th, 2015, 11:39 pm   
Team Member

Sounds good
The post didn't make sense because I wasn't sure what you were talking about.
That doesn't sound like you shot your mouth off ....
Doesn't seem like a hot seat at all.

PostPosted: December 11th, 2015, 11:45 am   
Team Member

Well the reason I say, I shot my mouth off, was cause being the only one there, and someone had to say something, and I'm not the appointed one.
I expect that you will get a call from Rob Dixion regarding what changes, if any, that we would like to see happen, at least some form of proposals at the jan. meeting.

PostPosted: December 11th, 2015, 1:39 pm   
Team Member

Do you want to call me because it seems like you have more to say. .
905-924-2525

PostPosted: December 11th, 2015, 10:57 pm   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

:D Well Al, thanks for taking the time to show up and speaking up :D Al you may not be the appointed one but you are our senior representative :mrgreen: and when the young guyzs couldn't make it :roll: , you pulled through… Again :D :mrgreen:

When I read Hounddog and Culprit's posts it sounded like we were getting dumped :shock: :? or not a important part of their program…

Don't think that we have had much of a warm welcome anyway but that could just be me... :roll: