It is currently May 5th, 2024, 9:12 am

Some T Notes from the December 5th TORC Meeting

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 14th, 2015, 1:25 pm   
Team Member

Both T and Drag have few if any class racers at the TORC monthly meetings. Al and I do as best we can to contribute to the meetings. The club does have the opportunity to grow. Lack of members support is stopping growth. Not being in the Toronto Show again is disappointing.
It is a catch 22 trying to make changes in the club without support. The club executive does too much now so growth is impossible without change. They need to hand off responsibility and oversee rather than do everything. But, how can they do that with all the no shows and little if any communication with T and Drag? If we keep doing things the same way expect the same result!

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: December 14th, 2015, 2:50 pm   
Team Member

Don,

Had it ever been discussed to have the Torc meeting on a weeknight instead of a Saturday or Sunday?

12' tinny - 9.9 merc

PostPosted: December 14th, 2015, 3:10 pm   
TORC VP

First things First here we need to get our own Drag officials registered with CBF.... so Dean would be Tech, Starter, Ref Scoring all registered. We have been piggy backing off SO and they don 't know about Drag. I have been Intouch with Dixon and we have talked.

PostPosted: December 14th, 2015, 6:33 pm   
Team Member

Himagain wrote:
First things First here we need to get our own Drag officials registered with CBF.... so Dean would be Tech, Starter, Ref Scoring all registered. We have been piggy backing off SO and they don 't know about Drag. I have been Intouch with Dixon and we have talked.

I'll call you shortly

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

PostPosted: December 14th, 2015, 7:41 pm   
Team Member

Dougw wrote:
Don,

Had it ever been discussed to have the Torc meeting on a weeknight instead of a Saturday or Sunday?

Yes it has; these are guys attending Saturday meetings: Dixon from Bowmanville, Hunter from Gravenhurst, Taylor from Mississauga, Fennell from Cambridge, Fralick from Brampton, Elliott from Bracebridge, Webster from Holland Landing, Famme from Bobcaygeon, Al from Orillia, Coulter from London, TG from Bradford, etc....meetings never held Sunday.

Please advise which night & where you propose to have meeting?

PostPosted: December 14th, 2015, 10:21 pm   
Team Member

Meetings on weekends are the only way but at times it won't work for everyone. I need to make the meetings and moving forward every effort will be made to make them. December with my work schedule has and will be nuts but from Jan forward should be good.
We need to have more presence at these meetings for items to be brought up from membership for all classes.

The drag group will get its list of willing participants for the official titles. Dean, myself, Jason and two others can and will be a part of this moving forward. Having to tighten up race schedules / organize / plan farther ahead because of higher entries is a great problem to have to work with. Let's remember that. Hopefully this is welcomed by long time TORC members as well as the new

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

PostPosted: December 15th, 2015, 8:22 am   
Team Member

Hydroid wrote:
Dougw wrote:
Don,

Yes it has; these are guys attending Saturday meetings: Dixon from Bowmanville, Hunter from Gravenhurst, Taylor from Mississauga, Fennell from Cambridge, Fralick from Brampton, Elliott from Bracebridge, Webster from Holland Landing, Famme from Bobcaygeon, Al from Orillia, Coulter from London, TG from Bradford, etc....meetings never held Sunday.

Please advise which night & where you propose to have meeting?

Did a quick google search for all areas you mentioned. Hwy 400 and 7 seems to be a happy medium between the extremities of London, Gravenhurst and Bobcageon. There are lots of restaurants/pubs at the hwy 400 and 7 interchange way to have a meeting- especially on a Monday or Tuesday night - they are usually not very busy and could accommodate a large gathering.... just a thought to those who might have all their weekends booked up.

12' tinny - 9.9 merc

PostPosted: December 15th, 2015, 2:34 pm   
Team Member

Conference calls are an option.
Also these guys have quit a few events: http://www.canadianwatercraft.com/Results
Ray would welcome outboard classes.
Ray Proulx, Managing Director
1534 County Rd. 22
Belle River, ON N0R 1A0
Ph: +1 519 980 8608
Email: Ray@canadianwatercraft.com

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: December 16th, 2015, 10:39 pm   

I simply can't attend any meetings until boat winterizing season is over.

I see there are two more left, Jan 9 and one Mar 12.

Jan 9 just happens to be opening weekend of the boat show.

I know it's tough scheduling anything to suit everybody, coincidentally this is why we have scheduled our drag meeting until after the boat show. It seems logical to me to host our meeting first and attend the March 12.

I can make that one, how about you guy's, Jeff, Jason, Greg and anyone else that would like to attend.

PostPosted: December 17th, 2015, 12:36 pm   
Team Member

bmax wrote:
I simply can't attend any meetings until boat winterizing season is over.

I see there are two more left, Jan 9 and one Mar 12.

Jan 9 just happens to be opening weekend of the boat show.

I know it's tough scheduling anything to suit everybody, coincidentally this is why we have scheduled our drag meeting until after the boat show. It seems logical to me to host our meeting first and attend the March 12.

I can make that one, how about you guy's, Jeff, Jason, Greg and anyone else that would like to attend.

Jan 9: works for most because people come to town to attend boat show right after TORC meeting. Drag should have representative(alternate) attend to table issues/solutions. At one time T had a supplementary class meeting at boat show.
Feb 20 awards luncheon: Drag is equally welcome to attend this, however no one does. Its a good venue to discuss issues/solutions over a beer, break bread, demonstrate solidarity.
Mar 12: Spring will be upon us all very quickly, most 2016 season race logistics will already be baked, in the can.