It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 10:25 am

Haliburton Friday cruise

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 19th, 2015, 5:48 pm   
Team Member

Per permit issued by Town of Haliburton, TORC is exclusive park 'tenant' where event will be held. TORC has exclusivity to manage the property.
TORC will set up park Friday for occupancy, equipment, clock, boats, trailers, campers on first come/served basis.
The ramp remains CLOSED all day Friday to public and to racers. CBF Insurance is effective Saturday & Sunday only, TORC mitigates liability by closing ramp and course as deemed necessary.

So, what alternatives for those wanting to cruise/test on a public waterway, at their own risk, per Provincial watercraft laws in effect?

I have contacted local marina on Grass Lake(adjoining Head Lake), provided above details limiting park usage Friday, advised some TORC T & Drag members might enjoy Head/Grass/Kashag...Lakes to test, create a bit of noise and excitement prior to weekend. Despite closing their business at 5pm, locking ramp gate, they are open to provide access past 5pm subject to T&C. We use their property respectfully, not park on grass, etc... all good things responsible and respectful TORC members are capable of honoring. Not to disrupt their daily business, I suggest arrive after 4:30pm to introduce ourselves, get set. If there is interest, let's agree on firm window of 5 to 7pm, or 6 to 8pm, latter works better for those arriving late afternoon. Their ramp and facility is not availble for prop/trim, in/out testing. You agree upon a destination, duration, launch, wait for others in group, go out, return & out.
This is meant to be a public relations evening fun run, represent TORC in best light, safety a priority and respect local community.

Questions:
- What interest to cruise Friday evening on Head/Grass/Kashag lakes? It only needs to be a 30-40min parade/fly by to show the flag. Drags can be one flight, T's another.
- Who from T & Drag interested? If only a few, lets not bother. If more, lets get organised, appear professional.
- Who will commit to Marshall marina property/ramp from 6pm til 8pm. This can be split between 2 ppl, 1hr each. I will arrive later, cannot do this.

If there is clear interest, volunteers as Marshall's from 6-8pm, I will provide further details, reply to marina owner we have our act together, thank them for generous offer, we will leave the site as we found it.

What's the consensus?

Erik

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: August 19th, 2015, 10:24 pm   

Erik,
i will be arriving early to mid afternoon Friday with most of my family. Even though my boat will be race ready for the drags, i would love to take them out for a run and i'm also up for a fast demo solo if there is interest.

A run through the chain of lakes would be great video too, ME and my family would love it. Just need a video dude to join in :mrgreen:

Hope that is interest enough lol.

PostPosted: August 20th, 2015, 8:23 am   
Team Member

This sounds like great fun for those that want to do this... BUT race site pits has Meet and Greet at 7pm setup by race committee for towns people and sponsors to meet races and talk to racer about equipment... I'd recommend that racers and spectators connected with racers support the highest sponsored race in TORC racing history by being there from 6:30pm-7:30pm or whatever. The title sponsor of the event will be there and are a local marina/recreation business too. If you have a desire to cruise the lakes, maybe do a run at 6? Then park boats along the pit shore/docks at 6:45? At 7:30 go for a last rip before dark on way back to trailers? Just idea. But please support the Meet and Greet even for race sponsors if no spectators show up. haha. But I think this has been promoted pretty well in town. The local racers have made autograph/hero cards even.

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: August 20th, 2015, 9:03 am   
Team Member

Good point Andrew.
Here's a link to TORC page and info you mentioned
http://www.torc.ca

PostPosted: August 20th, 2015, 1:13 pm   
Team Member

Andrew4ce wrote:
This sounds like great fun for those that want to do this... BUT race site pits has Meet and Greet at 7pm setup by race committee for towns people and sponsors to meet races and talk to racer about equipment... I'd recommend that racers and spectators connected with racers support the highest sponsored race in TORC racing history by being there from 6:30pm-7:30pm or whatever. The title sponsor of the event will be there and are a local marina/recreation business too. If you have a desire to cruise the lakes, maybe do a run at 6? Then park boats along the pit shore/docks at 6:45? At 7:30 go for a last rip before dark on way back to trailers? Just idea. But please support the Meet and Greet even for race sponsors if no spectators show up. haha. But I think this has been promoted pretty well in town. The local racers have made autograph/hero cards even.

Andrew, good points given this is first year to make a strong impression. Perhaps we'll maintain focus on Meet & Greet, rather than dilute Friday evening primary event.
Go forward I will always consult with either my wife or you before going off half-cocked.

LC: insert deprecating comment here

PostPosted: August 20th, 2015, 1:32 pm   
Team Member

Hydroid wrote:
Andrew4ce wrote:

Andrew, good points given this is first year to make a strong impression. Perhaps we'll maintain focus on Meet & Greet, rather than dilute Friday evening primary event.
Go forward I will always consult with either my wife or you before going off half-cocked.

LC: insert deprecating comment here

Andrew for give the young lad...poor boy can't read yet...just thinks about himself and having a good time! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: August 20th, 2015, 1:35 pm   
Team Member

I'm not saying it's a bad idea... just show up for the meet and greet. Erik, keep your pants on during the meet and greet though... or someone lock him in a trailer. :mrgreen:

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: August 20th, 2015, 1:37 pm   
Team Member

Andrew4ce wrote:
I'm not saying it's a bad idea... just show up for the meet and greet.

It's probably better for Luksep to show up to the meet and greet and not tour around in his Tboat ...he tends to blow things up ! :lol:

PostPosted: August 20th, 2015, 7:31 pm   
Team Member

I can't believe nobody has jumped on the half cocked reference..... I know whenever I get caught with my pants down, or "going off" as you called it, I'm always fully cocked......

PostPosted: August 20th, 2015, 9:32 pm   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

idvette wrote:
I can't believe nobody has jumped on the half cocked reference..... I know whenever I get caught with my pants down, or "going off" as you called it, I'm always fully cocked......

:? You my friend might have too wait in the car or locked up with Hydroid :shock: