It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 2:42 am

T SCHOOL..Waterford..T850..T750 boat finishes SECOND twice!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 7th, 2015, 9:46 pm   
Team Member

For those that watched it happen it was a learning experience. For the T850 drivers racing Saturday it was a shock. How is it possible for a 58 mph T750 boat to finish second in both heats racing against 67 to 72 mph boats with more horsepower?

Reasons:
A good start. Todd was first to turn one. Both heats.
Cornering speed and exit corner speed. It doesn't matter if it is a T750 or a T850 boat, neither boat can go thru the corner no faster than 50 to 55 mph. Exit speed out of the turn. The T850 has more hp, but the T750 has a lower gear ratio gear case. On the short straights there is no advantage for the T850. The quickest ET on the back half of the course was the T750. Rusty managed to pass Todd on the front straight. The 3rd place boat was far back.
To be successful you need to have driver skill, a good handling boat with good acceleration.
Top end should not be your focus. It is more about prop than hp. You loose more distance on the race course because you have to back off the throttle due to poor handling than you can ever make up with hp
Todd drove his T750 wide open around the course he never lifted.
Great show!

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: June 8th, 2015, 9:12 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

It's also Waterford...there's not a lot of room to string out a full rip 850 and it's tight....it's tough to pass a good driver even in a slower boat. AND Todd is obviously a VERY good driver AND 58mph my ass....:)

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: June 8th, 2015, 1:31 pm   
Team Member

Waterford is only 3/4 mile at best and the back portion has a 2 short straights. Big advantage to being on the inside and with the lead. DOC, they had the front straight a little longer than last year and turn one was 2 pins not 3. I guess the club is saving money. Most found the entrance to that turn tougher. Both Matt and Jeremy in T750 are quicker than last year [I think]. Jeremy was driving very well and he looks very comfortable out there. Without Jake or Craig running against them, we cannot compare their performance to last year. The toaster is not close and Jesse's motor was not 100%.

PostPosted: June 8th, 2015, 1:39 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Hounddog wrote:
Waterford is only 3/4 mile at best and the back portion has a 2 short straights. Big advantage to being on the inside and with the lead. DOC, they had the front straight a little longer than last year and turn one was 2 pins not 3. I guess the club is saving money. Most found the entrance to that turn tougher. Both Matt and Jeremy in T750 are quicker than last year [I think]. Jeremy was driving very well and he looks very comfortable out there. Without Jake or Craig running against them, we cannot compare their performance to last year. The toaster is not close and Jesse's motor was not 100%.

I heard with my own ears Jimmy wants the 911 boat back out there too....better get to work :mrgreen: ...eventually there will be yamaha's racing again. No excuses...just turn the key.

PostPosted: June 8th, 2015, 1:53 pm   
Team Member

[quote="DoktorC I heard with my own ears Jimmy wants the 911 boat back out there too....better get to work ...eventually there will be yamaha's racing again. No excuses...just turn the key.[/quote]

If the boat count stays at the current level in T850. Jim will be back. Did your refresh help your yamaha?
IF so maybe I should do Jims as well. It is way over due.

PostPosted: June 8th, 2015, 2:21 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

I haven't completed the refresh yet...I prefer to do that the day before the race so I can break it in properly lol. I'm sure it will...bottom cylinder was down to 110 after Dunnville.

PostPosted: June 8th, 2015, 5:29 pm   
Drag Racing Sponsor

Hounddog wrote:
[quote="DoktorC I heard with my own ears Jimmy wants the 911 boat back out there too....better get to work ...eventually there will be yamaha's racing again. No excuses...just turn the key.

If the boat count stays at the current level in T850. Jim will be back. Did your refresh help your yamaha?
IF so maybe I should do Jims as well. It is way over due.

Just bring it out anyway! That boat is no dog and with Jim's driving, I'm sure it walk over a lot of 56's out there. You saw a 750 boat finish second last weekend!

19' Laser 380 Ray (Future Project)