It is currently April 27th, 2024, 5:59 am

2015 Race Dates

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: January 26th, 2015, 10:54 pm   

Looks like Head Lake Park. Posted on the Torc site.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: January 27th, 2015, 9:44 am   
TORC VP

So. the race in Haliburton will be a good one on head lake right next to town. We have lots of sponsors lined up and the town has been very helpful. They really want us there and are will into help in anyway. The Only issue we had is they wanted us to run the weekend of Dunnville. Dunnville has become a money loser for the club and the town is helping less and less. We have reached out to Dunnville for an different weekend but haven't put anything together yet.

PostPosted: January 27th, 2015, 9:46 am   
TORC VP

bmax wrote:
Jay, it's a long ways off still, hope ya can rearrange something to be there...

What's the deal on the new Haliburton race, drags too??? Would be cool to get in three drag racing weekends...

I see Dunnville isn't posted yet???

Dean

I will be racing Offshore in Atlantic City that weekend.......

PostPosted: January 27th, 2015, 11:29 am   
Team Member

Himagain wrote:
So. the race in Haliburton will be a good one on head lake right next to town. We have lots of sponsors lined up and the town has been very helpful. They really want us there and are will into help in anyway. The Only issue we had is they wanted us to run the weekend of Dunnville. Dunnville has become a money loser for the club and the town is helping less and less. We have reached out to Dunnville for an different weekend but haven't put anything together yet.

So Dunnville still may be a go ? I was told that it was no longer an option. This is great news for racers as it may now be 3 races with Drags. Has a timeline been set for a decision ?

Thanks for the work in trying to keep it alive.

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

PostPosted: January 27th, 2015, 12:25 pm   
TORC VP

Jeff you were at the meeting I was not So would have more info then me..... I know we didn't close the door for future racing. our big issues is man power it takes all of it to put on the three races we have for the season

PostPosted: January 27th, 2015, 8:55 pm   
Team Member

If you race or plan to race circuit in 2015... please fill out this survey for the Ottawa Valley club if you haven't done so.

Their posting on Facebook:
Hi All,
I wanted to start a thread re 2015 Erinsville. Doug would really like us to run this race one last year. Andrew has kindly prepared a survey for us to use. Please take the time and fill in the survey honestly, not only will it help us in a decision but it will help us to make better events. We are looking for quality feedback. We cannot do anything about scheduling in the year! We are limited in volunteer resources and really need some people to step up and help out before during and after the event other than the same core people. The survey will run until Jan 31 at midnight then we will review the feedback and have a club meeting and make a final decision. Thanks for your help and time. Andrew thanks for taking the time to help out.
Sincerely, David Scott President OVPC.
Here is the link to the survey.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5zmtf77

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: January 28th, 2015, 10:31 am   

Due to some scheduling changes with events in Gravenhurst, the Gravenhurst race will be on the weekend of June 27-28. Jason, can you make it now?

PostPosted: January 28th, 2015, 11:57 am   
TORC VP

I should be able to

PostPosted: January 28th, 2015, 7:01 pm   
Team Member

hunter10 wrote:
Due to some scheduling changes with events in Gravenhurst, the Gravenhurst race will be on the weekend of June 27-28. Jason, can you make it now?

Not good, it runs right into long weekend with July 1. What was GH scheduling issue?
The weekend prior was always good as it allowed distance from long weekend commitments/family engagements, most kids done with school/exams.
June 27-28 100% firm?

PostPosted: January 28th, 2015, 7:26 pm   

I believe there is a poker run on the original weekend. Maybe that is the conflict?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next