It is currently April 27th, 2024, 2:49 am

SST 60/sst 75 class Interest

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2014, 10:15 pm   

Trying to find out who would have interest in the class...who has a boat and who would want to take part
I am willing to do some leg work so let me know

I have 2 SST 75 boats with Mercury sst90 motors....
edited my post to reflect the class description better

Mike

Last edited by visa 88 on September 3rd, 2014, 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: September 2nd, 2014, 10:42 pm   
Drag Racing Sponsor

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1473

19' Laser 380 Ray (Future Project)

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2014, 10:53 pm   

Anyone interested please send me a PM with your name and contact info....
thanks

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2014, 8:49 am   
Team Member

Mike what class do you want to race? I think your talking SST 75 not SST 60.
You have SST 90 boats which only raced in the CBF SST 75 class in Canada. That was a mixed class of SST 60 boats and SST 90 boats. The SST 60 class as it is to-day is only SST 60 boats.
The SST 75 rules would need to be up dated since the last time the class raced was in the 1990's. The up dates would need to include the changes to the boats pickle forks and safety cells etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq6qJbzFXy8

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2014, 9:37 am   

Hi Don
Yes ,I was using the Class sst 60 loosely it was SST 75 and raced up till the end of opc here. There are still a few boats and motors around and I have 2 (SST90) I think to make it easy and try and get numbers ,adopting the rules and updating is the easiest. The object I believe would be to get as many boats out as possible. I know that there will be associated costs in re-establishing this class. Both my boats would need updating but a minor cost and personally I don't have the time to be travelling south of the border to do something I love.

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2014, 11:28 am   
Team Member

The only problem with this class is the boat go to fast, each boat will have to have gps in them and make sure they don't go over the allowed speed set for the class!!!

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: September 3rd, 2014, 4:37 pm   

Which boats are to fast? ..in the 90's both the sst60 and sst 90's ran together..i can't remember if the weight limits were different but they were both competitive
Do the classes have speed limits now?
Mike

TopGun wrote:
The only problem with this class is the boat go to fast, each boat will have to have gps in them and make sure they don't go over the allowed speed set for the class!!!

PostPosted: September 8th, 2014, 2:05 am   
Team Member

TopGun wrote:

I got several e-mails asking me what this was about. It's just PopGun taking a shot at me over a suggestion I made for race classes that allowed more than one make and/or model of motor. In T class, especially T750 there are over 14 different LEGAL motors that can race it the class. That is great for the fans and it allows the class to be very up to date with new motors. The issue is the amount of detail that is required in the rule book. UIM [the Worlds governing body], has recognized this problem and suggested that an easier way would be to have a speed limit set for a class. Modern, low cost, accurate GPS units would be installed in each boat. I offered it as a suggestion. Some like the idea others do not.

PostPosted: September 8th, 2014, 7:18 pm   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:
TopGun wrote:

I got several e-mails asking me what this was about. .

Were they secret emails???
Why start all this shit and not include all people that race t boats or support the class???
seem kind of odd??

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: September 8th, 2014, 8:12 pm   
Team Member

Paul, please check your e-mails. You should find that you were copied as was Todd, DOC, KEVIN, JAKE, DAVE, ERIK, JASON, PAUL C etc. If that is not you then we must not have your e-mail address.

Sent: September-08-14 1:07 PM
To: paul.coulter@ca.pwc.com; Todd Bucknell (prophydro@windstream.net); Thom Bucknell (hec2buck@windstream.net); Rick Cole (doktorc55@hotmail.com); pk00668@gmail.com; jake@elsey.ca; erik (eluksep@elementcorp.com);
Cc: T-850 Kevin McMillen; T-850 Jason Famme; T-850 kristian luksep; dave@elsey.ca
Subject: From the T Boat booklet

These were from the booklet. You may want to include them in the inspection process,

I also sent you 2 VERY IMPORTANT E-MAILS AND YOU SHOULD TALK TO JASON IF YOU DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THEM.

Here is more
visa 88
Message subject: Re: SST 60/sst 75 class InterestFolder: Inbox
Hi Don
What would be the next steps..so far I already have 7 boats ...that would be interested...what would be the next steps with rules and
re-establishment of the sst75 be?
Also Paul was mentioning something of speed limitations...do you know what he is talking about, is this something of an insurance limitation/issue?
As for additional cost I would probably be able to absorb some of these costs through my company....or associate that have interest
Mike

Paul, you were NOT copied on some e-mails sent by other T Racers. I suggest you talk to them as to why.