It is currently April 27th, 2024, 8:22 am

Both T750 and T850 are close battles again for the titles

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 8th, 2014, 11:09 am   
Team Member

Dunnville will be a Great show.
Paul Coulter is the current leader in T850!! He has scored good points in every race!
Kevin is close
Rusty has a shot.
But there is lots of competition. Todd will want to win the races, Dave has the Allison repaired. Jake is showing increased performance in testing and that is only a few. There will be a large boat count and anyone one can win!
The champion likely will not win the races, but, be the best finisher both days.

In T750 Jeremy is leading. But it too is close.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: August 18th, 2014, 3:08 pm   
Team Member

The T850's were are great show both days. T750s were short 4 boats. Jeremy, Thom and Jim tried to make it interesting. Thom showed superior speed and even marked out a separate race course with his orange floatation
blowing out of the boat. Jeremy will be the champion for the second year in a row. Well done!! The toaster will be back in 2015 with fresh power and it will be very competitive. We got the prop and set up right. Now we just need a fresh powerhead. Dave Scott do you read me!

The T850 boys are getting faster. Dave Elsey showed superior speed and handling both days. Todd was perfect, first heat Sunday. Jason must have repowered with an oval port because he was right there with the big boys first heat Sunday. Jakes boat simply ran away from the field in the second heat Sunday. No question he has the best top end once he gets by the traffic.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2014, 3:11 pm   
TORC VP

T 850 is a great class, I think I have found my set up now if I can keep my foot throttle bolted to the floor I might finish a race next year!

PostPosted: August 19th, 2014, 10:19 pm   
Team Member

Good racing at dunnville!
It's great to see you and your boat improving Jason! Was it just a power change? I remember the prop used to blow out and have trouble lifting the nose - what fixed it?

Dave Muir has some awesome pictures up on facebook by the way.
Thanks Dave!

PostPosted: August 20th, 2014, 9:10 am   
Team Member

jake@elsey.ca wrote:
Good racing at dunnville!
It's great to see you and your boat improving Jason! Was it just a power change? I remember the prop used to blow out and have trouble lifting the nose - what fixed it?

Dave Muir has some awesome pictures up on facebook by the way.
Thanks Dave!

If I recall correctly, J ordered/ran new Titus 12 x 23 prop which made huge difference. I run same on nose heavy Vdoo, lifts nose exiting turns and hooks up v well.
Just to Brag,....in case anyone didn't notice, I didn't hook once on course all weekend,...Only once prior to entering chute Sat right in front of LC, apologies!

PostPosted: August 20th, 2014, 9:36 am   
Team Member

Hydroid wrote:
Just to Brag,....in case anyone didn't notice, I didn't hook once on course all weekend,...Only once prior to entering chute Sat right in front of LC, apologies!

Yes we are all so proud of you....your growing up so quickly! :lol:

PostPosted: August 20th, 2014, 9:42 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

LittleCharger wrote:
Hydroid wrote:

Some of count on you guys hooking and jumping the start....not impressed guys...not impressed. :mrgreen:

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: August 20th, 2014, 10:07 am   
Team Member

DoktorC wrote:
LittleCharger wrote:
Hydroid wrote:

Some of count on you guys hooking and jumping the start....not impressed guys...not impressed. :mrgreen:

LOL, I like your EVille strategy: rather than competing to be first to win,.... be first not to lose.
DV, I don't recall there were any jumpers declared Sat/Sun. Is our end of season game that sharp, or judges don't give a crap to call it?

PostPosted: August 20th, 2014, 10:37 am   
Team Member

Hydroid wrote:
DV, I don't recall there were any jumpers declared Sat/Sun. Is our end of season game that sharp, or judges don't give a crap to call it?

Given the two guys at the front of the lines both times on the Sunday starts...it must be skill! :mrgreen:

I probably would have had a better start on Saturday if some SOB didn't hook in front of me! lol

Attachments:
Dunnville start 2.jpg
Dunnville start 2.jpg [ 36.43 KiB | Viewed 1730 times ]
dunnville start 1.jpg
dunnville start 1.jpg [ 23.08 KiB | Viewed 1730 times ]

PostPosted: August 20th, 2014, 10:38 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Hydroid wrote:

LOL, I like your EVille strategy: rather than competing to be first to win,.... be first not to lose.

I call it the wait and see approach... :lol:. Mike Corey, LC and The Gun have not so gently told me to get my shit together for next year.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...