It is currently May 1st, 2024, 9:55 pm

Waterford Roll Call

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 PostPosted: June 11th, 2012, 9:17 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Hounddog wrote:
We had all this pre-race chatter from LC and DOC and it didn't happen.

Don't worry...we will continue to chatter... :mrgreen:....remember I'm still undefeated for 2012!!

That's an excellent re-cap LC...looks like you and I will be the ones to watch in GH. These other guys peaked too early... :shock:

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: June 11th, 2012, 9:24 am   
Team Member

DoktorC wrote:
Hounddog wrote:

Don't worry...we will continue to chatter... :mrgreen:....remember I'm still undefeated for 2012!!

That's an excellent re-cap LC...looks like you and I will be the ones to watch in GH. These other guys peaked too early... :shock:

LOL...even though nobody was behind me all weekend I still practiced my shoulder checks cause I know you'll be there at GH! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: June 11th, 2012, 9:28 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

LittleCharger wrote:
DoktorC wrote:
Hounddog wrote:

LOL...even though nobody was behind me all weekend I still practiced my shoulder checks cause I know you'll be there at GH! :mrgreen:

I don't know if I've got the power to lap you in only 5....but I'll try...

See Don...I told you not to worry.. :lol:

PostPosted: June 11th, 2012, 10:22 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

wow lots of Action !! thanks for the play by play LC .. a blast to read..

that hook of Todd's ..... :o then a :shock: ..... when did we start running jet boats in the T class'...lol

looks like TG the guy to beat...by the sounds of Jakes drive skills he might be a close contender.... just think if Jake had a 56'r...... good luck catching him....

PostPosted: June 11th, 2012, 10:38 am   
Team Member

Just got off the phone talking to Todd in Ohio. They had a good time and loved, the competition, the additude and the friendship and support in the TORC Club. Paul he is looking for the OMC trim pump. Let's see if we can find one for him. Cory the ignition problem you have is the common 70 Yamaha weakness. I have written on other sites several times and no one has a solution. The coil cannot take the high RPM and fails. I have replaced many a coil in Jim's yamaha. If you use a new coil, it doesn't last any longer than a used one. The coil lasts forever at 5500 RPM, but at 7000 plus RPM they have a short life. On the tunnels were they turn close to 8000. They fail more often. Reason: there were not designed to run 7000 plus. The other weakness is the fuel pump. Add a 3 to 4 lb. electric to run with the normal pump.

PostPosted: June 11th, 2012, 10:58 am   
Team Member

OneCycle wrote:
wow lots of Action !! thanks for the play by play LC .. a blast to read..

that hook of Todd's ..... :o then a :shock: ..... when did we start running jet boats in the T class'...lol

looks like TG the guy to beat...by the sounds of Jakes drive skills he might be a close contender.... just think if Jake had a 56'r...... good luck catching him....

Jake showed he's a contender and not just a close contender...he has shown that a 49 can compete with a 56, Jake has done his homework and and is just as fast as the 56's, like don has been saying for years now...testing..setup.testing, set up. Zonka and Mike Cory fired there motors for the first time this year at the waterford launch ramp, I'm running new power this year and the boat turns like a pile of crap now, Zonka's working with new trim, people's schedules are busy so testing doesn't get done, it"s great that these guys come out anyways and race, put on a great show and best of all share a bunch of laughs and talk some boats. James and Pman you guys need to get in on this.

Any buddy who gets out in front is tough to catch and The gun nailed every start the entire weekend whether it was in hydro or tboat. In the finals of Paul's hydro gig and I thought he came in 5th, well we later found out Paul nailed the start again and had four jumpers (although Mike Cory will contend he beat Paul he was one of the jumpers! :lol: , Mike is getting the hang of the hydro as is showing some success, he steam rolled of the 20 ssh eliminations)

PostPosted: June 11th, 2012, 12:28 pm   
Team Member

I mentioned before that it is easier to drive a T boat with no power trim until you get use to the feel in the corners. Most drivers intially trim down too much with power trim entering a corner and hook the nose. GET A TRIM GAUGE!!! Find out the position were the nose just starts to set and don't trim in anymore or put a stop pad so it can't go in rather. Same on the out trim. Find out where the max limit is and put a stopper there. Last and just as important is FAST TRIM especially on the down. You need to be able to set the boat late and be able to set the boat when your running outside another boat in the corner. You drive the boat deeper into the corner before you set the boat for the turn.
You can run 24 volt in T. It helps starting and speeds up your trim. You and wire it 24 down and 12 up or 24 up and down. Also think about moving weight forward. That lowers the nose faster.

PostPosted: June 11th, 2012, 3:38 pm   
Team Member

I guess ill be crying at longer courses? And LC, I was about to suggest you try out as an announcer! But then I realized you'll be in a boat racing when we would want you as an announcer

PostPosted: June 11th, 2012, 3:54 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

jake@elsey.ca wrote:
I guess ill be crying at longer courses? And LC, I was about to suggest you try out as an announcer! But then I realized you'll be in a boat racing when we would want you as an announcer

It sounds like I will be crying lol...looks like you've got that thing dialed in!

I agree about Paul and announcing...might be an option lol (KIDDING!!!)...but seriously what about a T-section in the news letter??? Like you need another thing on your plate lol...

PostPosted: June 11th, 2012, 4:10 pm   
Team Member

Great show! Can't say enough about what an exciting class this is to watch.
Kudo's to the guys from Hydromotive. Along with being a great group to hang with they put on a hell of a show and are adding to the competition!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next