It is currently May 1st, 2024, 9:32 pm

Waterford Roll Call

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 PostPosted: June 8th, 2012, 8:44 am   
Team Member

Yup, see how mnay show and voice your opinion at drivers meeting.

New people have to start at the back regardless. After the first turn there is lots of room. No one says you have start at the front of the pack at any time... start a few seconds behind if you are not comfortable beside someone. Throttle works both ways too.

Remember too if you've been in less than 6 races I think it is... you have to have a white "X" on your helmet so others know to give you some space.

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: June 8th, 2012, 8:48 am   
Team Member

I just checked the rule book... it's actually "10 Days of Sanctioned Racing" So if you started last year... you still need an X on your helmet for Waterford. Then it can come off.

PostPosted: June 8th, 2012, 9:17 am   
Team Member

jake@elsey.ca wrote:
maybe we should consider how many "new" racers there are compared to "veterans" in t850? I don't want us to be hogging waterford for too long with elimination, but maybe it'd be nice?

With 7-8 boats in T, you won't need elims.
For ALL classes, CBF/APBA rules stipulate all rookie's(<10 races) are REQUIRED to start race at back of field and to the outside, with an 'X' applied w white tape(masking) on helmet to be easily identifiable as rookie. This will keep a couple to the back and out.

STRONG recommendation: all drivers in all classes MUST have read and understand CBF gneral and racing rules: http://www.cbfnc.ca

Jake,...I'll have roll of tape for your helmet, toilet paper for your pants.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: June 8th, 2012, 9:24 am   
Team Member

Hydroid wrote:
jake@elsey.ca wrote:
maybe we should consider how many "new" racers there are compared to "veterans" in t850? I don't want us to be hogging waterford for too long with elimination, but maybe it'd be nice?

With 7-8 boats in T, you won't need elims.
For ALL classes, CBF/APBA rules stipulate all rookie's(<10 races) are REQUIRED to start race at back of field and to the outside, with an 'X' applied w white tape(masking) on helmet to be easily identifiable as rookie. This will keep a couple to the back and out.

STRONG recommendation: all drivers in all classes MUST have read and understand CBF gneral and racing rules: http://www.cbfnc.ca

Jake,...I'll have roll of tape for your helmet, toilet paper for your pants.

Actually you only have to start at back and outside until Ref gives you ok (usually within the first weekend). X must be on for 10 days.

2012 Rulebook is not on CBF site Erik... not sure why. 2011 Rulebook on site does not open for me.

PostPosted: June 10th, 2012, 9:36 pm   
Team Member

I have only heard a few things about the races. I stopped at Tims in Gravenhurst tonight at 8 PM and the Gravenhurst Race Poster was up! WELL DONE!!
Let's hear what happened. at Waterford.
Was Doc 6th?
Did Geiger and Zonka run Sunday?
Heard the Allison raced very well!
Brian Sherriff has a great picture of Todds hook on Saturday.
Was Todd OK to run Sunday?
Top Gun won a heat. Who else won a heat?

PostPosted: June 10th, 2012, 10:45 pm   
Team Member

My brother, his two boys and my son had a great time!!! I am now trying to get a lifejacket and cut suit for Gravenhurst! I will order new unless someone knows of a used one?? A Big Thanks to all for helping me with my first race! I will post some video from Sat soon!

So... I really enjoyed Saturday! The boats were split into two heats (based on experience). I placed 2nd in the first heat of 4 and first in the second heat of 3. This was a nice smooth, apparently false idea of what its like to run T-850! :D

On Sunday, We ran all seven boats... THE END! :shock:

PostPosted: June 10th, 2012, 11:04 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Hounddog wrote:
I have only heard a few things about the races. I stopped at Tims in Gravenhurst tonight at 8 PM and the Gravenhurst Race Poster was up! WELL DONE!!
Let's hear what happened. at Waterford.
Was Doc 6th?
Did Geiger and Zonka run Sunday?
Heard the Allison raced very well!
Brian Sherriff has a great picture of Todds hook on Saturday.
Was Todd OK to run Sunday?
Top Gun won a heat. Who else won a heat?

Dok didn't show....don't even ask...but the boat is running great...

From what I've heard The Gun and Todd put on a show....The boys should be getting home soon so we should be hearing some tails....

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: June 10th, 2012, 11:58 pm   
Team Member

DoktorC wrote:

Dok didn't show....don't even ask...but the boat is running great...

From what I've heard The Gun and Todd put on a show....The boys should be getting home soon so we should be hearing some tails....

For those people that have Brian Sherriff on Facebook, here is the link to the frame by frame of Todd's hook. Looks pretty rough.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 460&type=3

PostPosted: June 11th, 2012, 8:35 am   
Team Member

Awesome weekend! Just a blast with some great racing.

Day 1 Heat 1A

All guys were a little slow on the clock, Jake came flying through with half a straight lead was in a commanding lead but the race was Black flagged, apparantly the rescue boat ran out of gas and you will never guess who was in the rescue boat none other then his Dad! :oops: Well I'm sure this will be talked about for a couple of years.

Day 1 Heat 1A repeat

Slow on the clock again, Jake took the lead and never gave it back, Jake has his boat dialed in and is flying, incredibly smooth and makes it look effortless, ( if you look at the pictures it looks like Jim Whittington driving that boat the way he's got it flying and settled in...awesome Jake...remember he's only got a 49 under that hood and shows what time and effort towards set up and a good prop does...testing testing), can't remember where everyone else finished, we had Dave in the Ally (Dave was smoking out there and put on a great show, the guys on the shore just loved watching him go...you'd never know it was his first race...he was a little pasty at the ramp on the way in :lol: , but did a awesome job flying the boat), Larry made the trip as well, Zonka was flying the delta in typical Zonka fashion (more out of the water then in!). Zonka broke and could make the second heat.

Day1 Heat 2A

Boys where still getting use to the clock and were behind. Dave was the first to cross the start and was ahead by a good half a stretch on Jake followed by Larry. Dave drove the wheels off the ally the entire race, Jake managed to close a little bit but the clean water and some great driving by Dave gave him the checkered flag.

Day 1 Heat 1B

Good start, Todd and the Gun neck and neck both running fast the majority of the race, Todd hooked just a tad! :lol: The gun first, Todd, Cory, LC,. Gig got scared and went to the pits! :o (he had some fuel issues didn"t get to race Saturday).

Day 1 Heat 2B

Good Start, Todd and the Gun once again neck and neck with tons of speed and experience the entrie race, the gun hooked in turn 2 battling with Todd. Todd first, the gun, Cory and LC.

We took the combined time from the two heats to determine overall, Jake was fast in both heats but missing the start added time to his overall and he could have been in for third.

Day 1 - Overall

First - The gun
Second - Todd
Third - Cory

Day 2 Heat 1 - Seven boats in this heat and made the water a little rougher (Larry only raced Saturday and Todd's power trim broke so didn't race)

The gun nailed the start again, and once out front never gave it back, Gig was second, Jake worked his way up through the pack and came a close third, then I think Zonka, Cory, Dave, LC (hooked in turn 1 and broke the up trim button, so ended up retiring for the day)

Day 2 Heat 2

The gun nailed the start followed right behind by Jake and then gig, Cory, Zonka and Dave. The gun in clean water was untouchable as he was able to pick his line and kept his speed around the entire course, Jake was in hot pursuit and drove like a well seasoned veteran, gig tried to hunt Jake down but trying to make you up some time and lost ground when the water gets turned up is a tough task, Dave managed to get fourth as Mike's motor literally died 10 feet from the finish (Mike was have some electrical issues on the top end all weekend, look for Mike to be up in the front at Gravenhurst once he get the electrical gremlins figured out), Zonka has power trim this year and is getting use to it in the turns and rough water.

Overall Day 2

First - the gun
Second - Jake (beat Gig by 1 second)
Third - Gig

An awesome couple of days of racing.

Wanted to thank our newest addition to the tboat ranks Team Hydromotive Props - Todd Bucknell, his dad Tom and son Matt for making the trip up from Ohio to come race with us this year, it was great to have you. Big shout out the youngest member of the team Matt, Todd's son for letting his Dad and grandfather use his boat to come race with us, Matt's a couple years away from racing and I know he can't wait to get out there. Todd and Dad use to race back in the 90's with the Canadian group and have a weatlh of experience and driving ability. Todd, his dad and Matt have a wealth of knowledge with props and are more then willing to offer advice and help out.

PostPosted: June 11th, 2012, 8:59 am   
Team Member

Sounds like THE GUN is back in top form. I heard he did well in the hydro's was well. Good for him. Glad everyone was safe and enjoyed the racing. Paul's report above tell a lot about the class. Driving makes a big difference, a good start makes a big difference, a good 49 with a good set-up can run with a 56'r. Waterford is a shorter course watch the 49 on the longer courses. Mechancal problems do happen. We had all this pre-race chatter from LC and DOC and it didn't happen. Gravenhurst will be really good. Gig and Cory will be in the hunt for sure.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next