It is currently May 8th, 2024, 5:57 am

T750 will have an interesting field next year....BRANDS!!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 12th, 2014, 8:36 am   
Team Member

BOY, I am having a tough time getting gaskets for the 60 hp 2 cylinder Mariner. They are different to the yamaha even though yamaha built the motors. I ordered a complete set from Boats Net. They only sell the complete gasket set. No individual gaskets. Took weeks for them to ship. They shipped Fed EX and the courier didn't deliver. The ship to was in the USA? The courier shipped them back to Boats Net and I am waiting for a refund. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: March 12th, 2014, 9:39 am   

Have you tried an original Mariner dealer? Someone may have NOS. Try Cogghe's Marine Service in Mitchells Bay 519-351-3132. The other option is to make your own gasket if it is paper. I ship to a UPS store in Port Huron for my US shipments, then go over and pick up the goods, all kinds of things even furniture.

PostPosted: March 12th, 2014, 10:03 am   
Team Member

dandrews wrote:
Have you tried an original Mariner dealer? Someone may have NOS. Try Cogghe's Marine Service in Mitchells Bay 519-351-3132. The other option is to make your own gasket if it is paper. I ship to a UPS store in Port Huron for my US shipments, then go over and pick up the goods, all kinds of things even furniture.

Thanks. I have contacted Cogghe's

PostPosted: March 21st, 2014, 12:36 pm   
Team Member

I was talking to a guy in the south about some things he has some comments on the 3 cylinder merc..

The 3 cyl. Mercury is an EP motor, it runs against the 3 cyl. 75
it isn't competitive there but will outrun your 60). You shouldn't allow
anything over 45 c.i. in your class. The Mercury 70 will run 62-63 mph.
The OMC 75 will run 63-67.

#49 Triple C Racing
T750 Delta/ omc

PostPosted: March 21st, 2014, 1:35 pm   
Team Member

tunnelv wrote:
I was talking to a guy in the south about some things he has some comments on the 3 cylinder merc.. The 3 cyl. Mercury is an EP motor, it runs against the 3 cyl. 75 it isn't competitive there but will outrun your 60). You shouldn't allow anything over 45 c.i. in your class. The Mercury 70 will run 62-63 mph.
The OMC 75 will run 63-67.

The motor is in the current T750 rules. We can make rule changes next year if neccessary. Let's see how it runs
this year and go from there.

PostPosted: April 9th, 2014, 3:18 pm   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:
The motor is in the current T750 rules. We can make rule changes next year if neccessary. Let's see how it runs

Just got a message from a new site member. He has a VooDoo with a 60 Mercury running an 18 chopper. This is exactly the type of combination we are hoping to draw into T750 with the Mercury rule.. It should be competitive and it is a cottage type boat. Let's encourage him to try racing.

PostPosted: April 9th, 2014, 4:50 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Hounddog wrote:
Hounddog wrote:

Just got a message from a new site member. He has a VooDoo with a 60 Mercury running an 18 chopper. This is exactly the type of combination we are hoping to draw into T750 with the Mercury rule.. It should be competitive and it is a cottage type boat. Let's encourage him to try racing.

See I agree with this totally...the issue I have is building a purpose built T750 with an 850cc motor. I know we want to encourage guys to come out and try...because obviously once you try it you're hooked!! But when it comes time to build a race boat it should be a 750cc IMO.

Now..something to consider for those who really like that merc is having to run 850 weight.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: April 9th, 2014, 8:59 pm   
Drag Racing Sponsor

X2. This year is what it is. We can try it out and see what happens. As the numbers grow I'm sure people are going to be more competitive about points. If you do decided to change it to strictly 750cc (which there are lots of reasonable priced engines for), put anyone that wants to come out and try it in a class that suits them with no points. If they want to be competitive and collect points, I'm sure they can sell whatever engine they are running and buy one that fits the rules for the same price. Weight idea is good too.

19' Laser 380 Ray (Future Project)