It is currently April 27th, 2024, 3:13 pm

New T Class proposal

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 PostPosted: October 19th, 2013, 5:50 pm   
Team Member

I will be proposing a new T class for 2014 at the AGM

The class would be know as T Outlaw, and would be a mod class similar to the Xclass in Thundercats.

As part of the proposal I will draft out the changes that would be required to our current T rules to present at the AGM. In a nutshell, the class would follow the exact same rules as T850 (ie fuel, safety, motor size etc.) except

1) unrestricted powerhead modifications ( including full injection if your so inclined)
2) weight for the class would be 700lbs instead of 726lbs

Exhaust must go through mid section similar to T850, so no pipes.

I have spoken to a handful of racers and so far the following guys have expressed some interest in running the class.

Cory
Geiger
Csonka
Kryskow
McMillen
Cole
Coulter

Understand a couple of more guys would probably be interested but haven't spoken to them directly.

If proposal is accepted we would have 3 classes in 2014 (T750,T850 and T Outlaw).

Cheers,

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: October 19th, 2013, 6:32 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Ya...I all for it..made the call to marine turbine technologies this morning :)

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: October 19th, 2013, 7:13 pm   
Team Member

how about this

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: October 19th, 2013, 7:41 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Mmmmmm..forced induction....

PostPosted: October 19th, 2013, 7:48 pm   
Team Member

sheuninck wrote:
how about this

If you can stuff it under your cowl and run the exhaust through the mid your good :lol:

Perhaps 2015 some one can propose a pro mod class...I'll carry Cory's methanol ;)

PostPosted: October 20th, 2013, 11:49 am   
Drag Racing Sponsor

I like the idea and if it's possible to run the classes separate, I will commit a boat to run both classes (either bring 2 boats or a quick 10min motor swap). If this happens, what ideas do people have for T-850 for next year? Will the compression rule stay or maybe a different way of tech inspection? I have an idea I just want to throw out there...
Most of all mods to increase power can be seen simply by pulling off the head. So...
At the beginning of the season, everyone gets tech'd at the T-party if they can make it.
This will include measuring of: Bore, stroke, port heights and chamber pocket depth and width on head. After this is done, a stud would be installed on one of head bolt holes with a small hole in it to install a tamper proof tag like this...
Attachment:
toc-padlocs-8001.gif
toc-padlocs-8001.gif [ 3.54 KiB | Viewed 5753 times ]

The stud would be installed tight and with red loctite so that the stud, nut and tag could not be removed as a set after to make mods. Top 3 boats at each race get tech'd. If you have a tag, no need to pull the head. If you don't, head gets pulled off and you get tech'd at the race. After that, a tag can be put on your motor so you won't have to do it again. If you don't want to pay the one time fee of about $25 for a head gasket, you can just give up your points instead. I can't think of any other easy way that is reliable and puts everyone on the same page. I know this requires someone to actually take the time to do it, so if anyone wanted to go this route, I would be happy to donate my time to measure everything up and tag the motors. If it's my own motor, then I'm sure someone else could measure it up and tag it for me.

Kevin

19' Laser 380 Ray (Future Project)

PostPosted: October 20th, 2013, 10:37 pm   
Team Member

I am happy to see a lot of people are liking, and pushing for this direction!
I too, paul, would like some sort of T outlaw or T1000X or something. It could be a blast to see!
Then, Kevin, T850 and T750 can have a more exact tech inspection like you are talking about. I think you are on the right track too: pocket depth and a quick lookie lookie :p

PostPosted: October 20th, 2013, 11:51 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Hevi Kevi wrote:
I like the idea and if it's possible to run the classes separate, I will commit a boat to run both classes (either bring 2 boats or a quick 10min motor swap). If this happens, what ideas do people have for T-850 for next year? Will the compression rule stay or maybe a different way of tech inspection? I have an idea I just want to throw out there...
Most of all mods to increase power can be seen simply by pulling off the head. So...
At the beginning of the season, everyone gets tech'd at the T-party if they can make it.
This will include measuring of: Bore, stroke, port heights and chamber pocket depth and width on head. After this is done, a stud would be installed on one of head bolt holes with a small hole in it to install a tamper proof tag like this...
Attachment:
toc-padlocs-8001.gif

The stud would be installed tight and with red loctite so that the stud, nut and tag could not be removed as a set after to make mods. Top 3 boats at each race get tech'd. If you have a tag, no need to pull the head. If you don't, head gets pulled off and you get tech'd at the race. After that, a tag can be put on your motor so you won't have to do it again. If you don't want to pay the one time fee of about $25 for a head gasket, you can just give up your points instead. I can't think of any other easy way that is reliable and puts everyone on the same page. I know this requires someone to actually take the time to do it, so if anyone wanted to go this route, I would be happy to donate my time to measure everything up and tag the motors. If it's my own motor, then I'm sure someone else could measure it up and tag it for me.

Kevin

This was always the issue with a true inspection...at least for the 56's...you can measure it but what do you compare your measurements to..there's no UIM spec for those motors like there is for the 49 and the yamaha. To do a true "tech'd" class you gotta run 850's or sst60's...which is exactly why there is the compression rule.

My personal feeling is that if there is an outlaw class AND guys still want to run 850 than it should be a true 850 class and everything else goes to the X class....then you can tech until the cows come home.

PostPosted: October 21st, 2013, 12:35 am   
Drag Racing Sponsor

DoktorC wrote:
Hevi Kevi wrote:
Attachment:
toc-padlocs-8001.gif

Kevin

This was always the issue with a true inspection...at least for the 56's...you can measure it but what do you compare your measurements to..there's no UIM spec for those motors like there is for the 49 and the yamaha. To do a true "tech'd" class you gotta run 850's or sst60's...which is exactly why there is the compression rule.

My personal feeling is that if there is an outlaw class AND guys still want to run 850 than it should be a true 850 class and everything else goes to the X class....then you can tech until the cows come home.

I'm with you there. If it were up to me, that's how I would do it. I would think that would make the 2 classes work the best. Problem is, everyone that ran last year with the exception of Jake, did not have a 49. Just to make it work with the motors that are out there, they could be tech'd using the SST-60 port heights for thresholds and a pocket depth for the head that everyone agrees to (maybe .500 deep or something). Could still allow the ports to be cleaned up as well since lots of motors already have that done. When it comes to the Yamaha, there must be a UIM spec sheet for that. Same thing, pocket depth everyone can agree on.
IF the class went to true 850cc and under with no touching of the ports, Many times you can find a complete 20" stinger in need of a rebuild for $500 or less. I have 3 complete untouched stinger powerheads, maybe 4, not blown up I would sell for $300 each if someone needed them. Anyone not wanting to go to outlaw could sell their 56 powerhead and still have enough money left over to buy pistons to freshen up the 49. I think it would be nice to see a class that can run in the high 60's with a motor you can buy for $1500. Or just leave T850 as it is if everyone wants that.
I'm just throwing different ideas out for people to think about. I'll be fine with whatever people decide and will be racing regardless. I'd just like to know so I can get building lol.

19' Laser 380 Ray (Future Project)

PostPosted: October 21st, 2013, 8:36 am   
Team Member

You should also consider having the 90 Yamaha included in outlaw. It was competitive and in APBA's first revision of FV when they went mod. It will be interesting to see if the manitory cell rule shows up again. These boats will run high 70's.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next