It is currently May 8th, 2024, 11:14 pm

DUNNVILLE SATURDAY...GREAT DAY OF RACING!!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 25th, 2013, 8:36 am   
Team Member

I was there Saturday. There were 70 boats entered! Excellent numbers! Weather and water conditions were perfect. Lots of close boat to boat racing and good boat counts in every class. T850 were first up Saturday on the schedule and Drags were last. To-day the schedule will likely reverse so Drag will be first up and T850 would be last.

Last edited by Hounddog on August 25th, 2013, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: August 25th, 2013, 9:02 am   
Team Member

AGREED!! Some real close racing in T-750. The T-850 class never ceases to entertain!!
Outlaw drags were awesome!!
Killer STV's and Allisons running wild!!
Some real close competition in Lake Racer, too!!

Great show guys. Thanks a lot for showing up!!

PostPosted: August 26th, 2013, 10:47 am   
TORC VP

I had a great time for my first weeknd of T850. I need to get myself some props. I was running borrowed stuff that didn't work for my fat ass.

I can't wait for next year!

PostPosted: August 26th, 2013, 11:09 am   

:) Hi Don,

Todd & I had a great weekend as well. We were disappointed that Todd lost #3 on his T-850 motor, but otherwise a good time.

I have made an observation that I think should be addressed in the future, if the T classes are to survive. Both Todd & I feel it is a conflict of interests for the T boat rep to also be the engine inspector. If an engine issue surfaces, and it challenges something done during motor inspection, the class rep should address same. If the class rep is the engine inspector, that is not possible. I would appreciate your thoughts, as well as the opinions' of my respected fellow T-850 & T-750 racers.

Thank you,

Thomk

PostPosted: August 26th, 2013, 11:53 am   
Team Member

hec2buck wrote:
:) Hi Don,

Todd & I had a great weekend as well. We were disappointed that Todd lost #3 on his T-850 motor, but otherwise a good time.

I have made an observation that I think should be addressed in the future, if the T classes are to survive. Both Todd & I feel it is a conflict of interests for the T boat rep to also be the engine inspector. If an engine issue surfaces, and it challenges something done during motor inspection, the class rep should address same. If the class rep is the engine inspector, that is not possible. I would appreciate your thoughts, as well as the opinions' of my respected fellow T-850 & T-750 racers.

Thank you,

Thomk

The Tboat rep for the race day is simply the person who a racer goes to with an issue whether it needs to be taken to the referee or enforcement of the rules. I think Paul was voluntold for this race, at Gravenhurst or Waterford I believe Jake was it and not Paul. At the end of the day the rules are as stated.

RULE * 2 * T.C.O.R.D. *
(2-A) * Racing in T Class Outboard Racing Division (TCORD) shall be conducted under the supervision of a TCORD committee. The decisions of the TCORD Racing Committee shall be final in all matters pertaining to the administration and interpretation of the rules for this division. The TCORD Committee shall serve as an appeal board for owners, drivers, referees, inspectors and/or race committee[s].

The TCORD commitee as is stood for 2013 was

TCORD Racing Committee
1. Rick Cole
2. Jake Elsey
3. Paul Kryskow
4. Paul Coulter
5. Don Whittington

All commitee reps were at the races this past weekend. People should feel free to approach these people and voice concerns and the commitee as a whole needs to disuss the issue.

If there is a perceived conflict then I have no problem with ensuring the t rep for the day is not the inspector, no one wants politics. Paul is always an easy target to be the T rep because, one all the T guys know him, two the TORC commitee knows him well, and three Paul knows all the other classes well (Drags and Hydro's) if there are issues between the classes.

Just my thoughts...thanks for putting them forward Thom...it only makes us better.

Cheers

PostPosted: August 26th, 2013, 1:37 pm   

You are very welcome. I guess it just did not seem in everyones' best interest to have the builder of many T class engines, be the engine inspector, and T-class rep as well.

PostPosted: August 26th, 2013, 1:44 pm   
Team Member

You guys all put on a great show.
I had a blast sitting out in the tow boat Sunday watching the 850's run.
This class has grown on so many levels. It amazes me how much help and competition are had all within the same venue.
It truley is the attitude and the great people that make this sport grow.
Kudos guys!!

PostPosted: August 26th, 2013, 4:01 pm   
Team Member

hec2buck wrote:
You are very welcome. I guess it just did not seem in everyones' best interest to have the builder of many T class engines, be the engine inspector, and T-class rep as well.

Thom, in the absence of others stepping forward when we ask for T class rep, you or Todd can fill the role, same way Fralick's are turned to due to their extensive racing experience, knowledge of rules.
I also propose to add you to T class Inspector list, you're unequivocably qualified.
Given the many classes Paul races(2-3), helps with launching, repairs engines/gearcases at races, I'm sure he would have no reservations to have less to do on race day.
Great idea to diversify resources.

PostPosted: August 27th, 2013, 10:22 am   

Hi Erik,

Both Todd & I will be happy to either be T class rep or engine inspector. However, I think we should rotate the T class rep and engine inspector on occasion, so as to keep a fresh perspective in our T classes. The key is to not have the same individual do both. Also, it probably is not a good idea to have Todd & I serve in both capacities during any given race weekend. That could be seen as a conflict of interest as well. Perhaps Todd or I can do one or the other, and another volunteer can fill the remaining position.

We both had a great time this weekend and want to thank all of the CBF racers and TORC members for accepting Todd & I so graciously. We have made many new and terrific friends over the last 2 years. We thank all of you.

Thom & Todd