It is currently June 1st, 2024, 6:09 am

T Class rules and enforcement

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 16th, 2013, 6:23 pm   
Team Member

T racers be advised T class safety inspection will be enforced at Dunnville, mandatory pass to race.
Inspection Frday from 6 to 9pm, Sat/Sun 7:30-9:00am.
No racing without passing safety inspection. T Inspector: Paul Kryskow

Following excerpts from T rules, not inclusive of all safety rules:

(3-B-3) Every boat must be fitted with:
- A towing eye at the bow
- One or two oars or adequate paddles adequately secured and stowed so that they are
immediately available
- Enough buoyancy to ensure it will float in the case of an accident. This buoyancy shall
be equivalent to a volume of 0.055 m3 floatation per 100kg of boat weight. Floatation is
to have a maximum density of 30kg/m3.
Calculations: GT30 requires minimum 0.1375m3 (4.86ft3)
T750 requires minimum 0.1485m3 (5.24ft3)
T850 requires minimum 0.1815m3 (6.41ft3)

(7-A) *Helmets
For all racing, helmets must be full coverage motorbike type helmets, which protect the
base of the skull and cover the ears. It is mandatory to wear a helmet made to a
minimum of DOT Standards as described in rule 34-E of the CBF General Racing Rule
Book:
(34-E) * Helmets must meet the specifications set forth by any of the following:
Department of Transportation, American National Standards Institute ,lnc., Snell, or
military specification helmet designed for military aircraft - Mil-Spec helmets (CGF
LA100, LH0SO, LH1SO, LH250,Gentex HGU84P) and Peltor helmets (Rally Pro Helmet EN
ECU 04 or 05) are acceptable. It is recommended that helmets are replaced each year or
if damaged, A CBF Inspector can reject any defective, damaged or worn helmets found
during Scrutineering. Your helmet must fit properly and be in good working order or you
will not be allowed to race. Helmets must be worn by all persons on board at all times
during the journey to and from the race course, during racing, practice and testing. The
upper fifty (50) percent of the helmet surface must be of the following bright or
fluorescent colours only: red, orange, yellow.

(7-J) * Any driver who starts an engine on shore with the propeller, shear pin, propeller
nut or washer on the propeller shaft must be suspended for thirty (30) days, starting the
day of the race.

(7-M) * All boats must be equipped with a tether activated, operational ignition cut off
switch. If an electric fuel pump is utilized it also must be equipped with a tethered cut of
switch. A combination fuel/ignition tethered cut off switch is allowed. This switch
should be mounted forward of the driver and use a minimum length cord which at full
extension from switch will not touch the engine. The tether must be attached to the life
jacket or wrist while racing.

Good luck!

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: August 19th, 2013, 4:57 pm   
TORC VP

What's the deal with the paddle. There is no way withe the tail cowl on that I could ever paddle my boat

PostPosted: August 19th, 2013, 5:12 pm   
Team Member

In the critch? No room between seat and side walls?
Or maybe grab a little collapse-able paddle at crappy tire and clip it onto the floor or under the deck?
Or do you mean you physically can't paddle with the rear ferring on?

PostPosted: August 20th, 2013, 8:55 am   
TORC VP

I understand the rule, but with the tail cowl in place there is no way I could physically paddle that thing

PostPosted: August 20th, 2013, 9:52 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Himagain wrote:
I understand the rule, but with the tail cowl in place there is no way I could physically paddle that thing

There's the benefit of a Voodoo or Delta...GREAT rowboats!

Here's my floatation Hydroid...That's 4sq/ft of shrink wrapped foam and there's another 4 under the deck. I've even got an extra long paddle to poke LC with going down the shute...

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: August 20th, 2013, 10:33 am   
Team Member

" One or two oars or adequate paddles adequately secured and stowed so that they are
immediately available "
A collapsable paddle with a dual clip in mount in between your legs is about the only way. Although this rule is like making sure every race car carries its own tow truck !!! ????

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

PostPosted: August 20th, 2013, 10:37 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Jeff Yammer wrote:
" One or two oars or adequate paddles adequately secured and stowed so that they are
immediately available "
A collapsable paddle with a dual clip in mount in between your legs is about the only way. Although this rule is like making sure every race car carries its own tow truck !!! ????

It helps keep the race going if you can get to the middle of the course and keep yourself there with the paddle that's all...I agree it's just about impossible to paddle a Critch though...

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: August 20th, 2013, 11:11 am   
TORC VP

I am not sure I can get my fat ass in and out with the cowl on let alone paddle the dam thing!

PostPosted: August 20th, 2013, 12:54 pm   
Team Member

Himagain wrote:
I am not sure I can get my fat ass in and out with the cowl on let alone paddle the dam thing!

Maybe you could put a electric trolling motor on instead? :lol:

#49 Triple C Racing
T750 Delta/ omc

PostPosted: August 20th, 2013, 2:22 pm   
Team Member

Himagain wrote:

Finally. Speaking truth is liberating. To eliminate problem, next year we'll outlaw Critch's rather than paddles.