It is currently May 9th, 2024, 10:53 am

T Class rules and enforcement

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 20th, 2013, 2:26 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Hydroid wrote:
Himagain wrote:
I am not sure I can get my fat ass in and out with the cowl on let alone paddle the dam thing!

Finally. Speaking truth is liberating. To eliminate problem, next year we'll outlaw Critch's rather than paddles.

2nd'd...all in favour?? Where the hell is LC on this????? :mrgreen:

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: August 20th, 2013, 3:04 pm   
Team Member

There are 2 ways drivers can approach floatation pass/fail inspection:
1) Passively: Request inspector to measure dimensions of each peice of floatation(eg: hay bale, noodles, milk jugs, beer empties, other). This is a PIA for everyone except the driver incapable of simple math.
2) Pro-actively: prepare a detailed account of floatation type, accurate dimensions, location. Pre-measure dimensions, provide proof of 6.4cuft minimum for inspectors cursory audit and sign-off.

Claims of boats having foam or other floatation built into hull will be discounted unless inspector can accurately validate based on calculations provided by driver for scrutiny. Ideally this should be supported by boat manufacturer data.
Do the math, if you can't prove it to the inspector, it's not legal to get on the water

Example:
Conversion: 6.5 cu ft = 11200 cubic inches(ci)
Cylinder vol(4"x60" noodle): Pi x radius square x length= 3.1416 x 2"square x 60" = 754ci, less 190ci for 1" diam hole = 564ci
11200/564 = (20) 4" noodles required to meet 6.5cuft.
If noodle ends are plugged with expanding foam insulation: 11200/754 = 15 required.
Or install a combination of noodles, other floatation(eg: floating dock blue foam) to hit 11200ci.

PostPosted: August 20th, 2013, 6:32 pm   
Team Member

Hydroid wrote:
1) Passively: Request inspector to measure dimensions of each peice of floatation(eg: hay bale, noodles, milk jugs, beer empties, other). This is a PIA for everyone except the driver incapable of simple math.
2) Pro-actively: prepare a detailed account of floatation type, accurate dimensions, location. Pre-measure dimensions, provide proof of 6.4cuft minimum for inspectors cursory audit and sign-off.

Claims of boats having foam or other floatation built into hull will be discounted unless inspector can accurately validate based on calculations provided by driver for scrutiny. Ideally this should be supported by boat manufacturer data.
Do the math, if you can't prove it to the inspector, it's not legal to get on the water

Example:
Cylinder vol(4"x60" noodle): Pi x radius square x length= 3.1416 x 2"square x 60" = 754ci, less 190ci for 1" diam hole = 564ci
If noodle ends are plugged with expanding foam insulation: 11200/754 = 15 required.
Or install a combination of noodles, other floatation(eg: floating dock blue foam) to hit 11200ci.

Can someone help me with the example I'm terrible with numbers.

I vote the critches out, followed by those pesky yamaha's :lol:

PostPosted: August 21st, 2013, 10:21 am   
Team Member

LittleCharger wrote:
Hydroid wrote:

Example:

Can someone help me with the example I'm terrible with numbers.

I vote the critches out, followed by those pesky yamaha's :lol:

In interests of education & developing competencies, I with powers bestowed upon myself:

1) As remedial math weekend assignment, deputize LC as DV Deputy Inspector to scrutinize, measure, and calculate floatation volume for each race boat entered for DV Aug 24-25 race with excpetion of his own or related boats. In addition, this will include scrutiny and assessment of adequate floatation tie down. This task shall be performed on all boats prior to each days racing.
Deputy LC will compile volume calculations, submit data to T Inspector for pass/fail/remediation decision. Deputy LC will not assume any liabilities or obligations due to omissions or errors whatsoever, and that such liabilities, obligations, remediation and evidence of same will be assumed by Drivers.

2) To remove any ambiguity of roles and expectations this weekend, I formally deputize Dok as 'LC Ballbuster' with official duties in effect 48hrs prior & after DV event.
Ball busting to be administered at minimum 1 per hr prior and after arrival on site and on .25 hr on site with the excpetion of 4hrs sleep during a 24hr period.

Deputies, feel free to reach out if further clarification required regarding your roles this weekend.
Thanking you an advance for your services to T and larger racing community, to ensure a safer and family friendly racing environment in line with our rules and values.

PostPosted: August 21st, 2013, 11:27 am   
TORC VP

I am good on the floatation front 20 large pool noodles 10 on each side

PostPosted: August 21st, 2013, 2:00 pm   
Team Member

Himagain wrote:

As long as your water wings are inflated I'll sign off on your floatation inspection! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: August 21st, 2013, 3:43 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

LittleCharger wrote:
Himagain wrote:

As long as your water wings are inflated I'll sign off on your floatation inspection! :mrgreen:

I just installed the tube from a zodiac around the perimeter of the vood..should pass tech AND be handy for all sorts of other racing manoeuvres. Maybe I can sneak into the Tcat class if this v bottom thing doesn't work out...

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...