It is currently May 8th, 2024, 10:30 pm

T-750..Dunnville

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: July 25th, 2013, 10:17 pm   
Team Member

LittleCharger wrote:
tunnelv wrote:
looking like we have more 750s coming thats great, :) will be nice to have a bunch more.. it was great running with the t cats..and was glad the checkmate came out too! i am not 100 percent sure if i like the extra turn.so hopefully its just one day..i understand combining us to make the day go faster and giving both ways with the t cat guys..ill have to see if i can turn right.

Just treat the slight bend in the course as the same turn to go around the gun when he's upside down? :mrgreen:

um i backed off and turned harder left! :D

#49 Triple C Racing
T750 Delta/ omc

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: July 26th, 2013, 8:14 am   
Team Member

Hydroid wrote:
"Agree 100%"...Call 911, release me from these mortal chains, my existence is complete.

Hey, for show, how about a couple of boat jump ramps, and family dog as co-driver?..of course with helmet/jacket.

Ramps... they did this in England on flat water inland course... I'm down for it... good practice for the Worlds. haha. First guy to test it cartwheeled over it (this would be good practice for us too, haha)... then they figured it out and it worked pretty well actually. It's on youtube somewhere (can't view youtube from work computer to find it)

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: July 26th, 2013, 8:34 am   
Team Member

I must admit that I was surprised that the T750 and TCats ran well as a group. With more people getting interested in T750 and now in small tunnels this group will get larger. The wide range of boat and motor combinations in that group is ideal for the new racer to fit it. There are a lot of parts for sale now and those interested in racing next year should plan ahead. Parts are all supply and demand. More T racers will be running both T750 and T850 next year. The side by side T boat trailer solves the 2 boat problem. The right turn has been in place in Europe for awhile and it really adds to the race.
Driving is more important as is your prop choice. When we played around with the right turn at our cottage race course years ago we found that the tunnel had no problem, the centre steer T boat didn't like it and the family VooDoo with steering and the right side, was excellent. So this may benefit the Family boat part time racer. Maybe Jakes Checkmate can make up some time.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2013, 6:18 pm   
Team Member

t boats can turn right, right?

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: July 28th, 2013, 10:42 pm   
Team Member

sheuninck wrote:
t boats can turn right, right?

It depends on the length of the straight into the right turn and the angle of the turn. If it is a dog leg style right turn then there is no problem and no advantage for the second place boat. The turn has to be sharp enough to allow the second place boat the opportunity to get the inside lane. If the the straight is long and the boat is up to it's 70 mph speed, the right turn is difficult. Too bad we do not have figure 8 courses, then you get 2 lefts and 2 rights.

PostPosted: July 29th, 2013, 1:44 pm   
Team Member

Hopefully we will be bringing a 750 and the 850 !!!! to Dunnville... :D

PostPosted: July 29th, 2013, 2:07 pm   
Team Member

Prophydro wrote:
Hopefully we will be bringing a 750 and the 850 !!!! to Dunnville... :D

Awesome!!! Your going to have to get a third boat next year Todd! :o

Dave sent me pics of the prop looks great!

Attachments:
toddprop.JPG
toddprop.JPG [ 124.32 KiB | Viewed 603 times ]

PostPosted: July 31st, 2013, 4:17 pm   
Team Member

I will bring it to Dunnville and we can swap there ??? Is that good for you ??

PostPosted: August 1st, 2013, 1:22 am   
Team Member

Prophydro wrote:
I will bring it to Dunnville and we can swap there ??? Is that good for you ??

Works for me.

PostPosted: August 21st, 2013, 4:35 pm   
Team Member

Two more T750's confirmed for Dunnville. Jake has his Delta OMC running..very well. Craig Fraser got his Critchfield 49 BIG Foot out for the first test to-day. It ran good, but slow. He will be there as well. Kevin was thinking about switching motors. I thought he was running the Critchfield in T750 and the Baker in T850. Maybe he can't get both boats to Dunnville. Kevin let us know if you need help. A couple of VP75 APBA guys say they are coming to watch. If they think they are competitive then next year they will race.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next