It is currently May 9th, 2024, 4:42 am

T-750..Dunnville

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 26th, 2013, 10:11 am   
Team Member

Jake has become our first honour graduate of T School. Both his 49 and yes it is a stock 49 not a 56r T850 and now his stock 45 OMC T750 demonstrate that T is all about set up and driving. Jake is very competitive and is a good example to follow.

The other T750 guys are not that far off the pace. You may never beat Jake because he can out drive you, but if you can drive then you will be right there racing for top spot.

Set-up on T750.
-if your running and OMC..stock is perfect, the motor will turn a 12 x 22 prop close to 7000 [ 6600 to 6900] with the right set up. If you shorten the tuner and go with an SST45 tuner you can get more top rpm but you lose torque. So overal the stock tuner is better.
-set back and driver position in the boat is most important. These motors do not have alot of power. It is the weight to the stern that is necessary to carry the nose not trim. The heavier you are the farther back the seat position should be.
- driving style..you can fly these boats over the waves. The boat runs faster and is actually easier to drive with a high bow. It looks like it is about to blow over, but they just hang there. In the turns it is all about maintaining speed. Chop the corner and it takes a long time to make up the loss. Smooth line around the turn is best.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: August 26th, 2013, 10:43 am   
Team Member

Jakes boat really flys..he passed me on the outside like i was half throttle ! lol

it was a great weekend and great year!! i survived my 1st hook!! i was hanging on so tight the rubber twistes on my steeering wheel now! my team is pumped for next year, it was awsome running so close in the second heat yesterday i think it was the 1st lap..Me and Jessie #52 were able to give each other the thumbs up yesterday on the back strech while racing side by side. it was reat to see the hydromotive boat show up and race with us Thom did well too
next year well how about no more Triple c Racing..it will be two deltas and a allison ...DAD racing will team up on Jake!! Or ill pour cement in his boat at waterford :lol:

#49 Triple C Racing
T750 Delta/ omc

PostPosted: August 26th, 2013, 12:20 pm   
Team Member

Quote:
Honker NEEDS to get a Tboat!!!!

LC - find me someone who wants to trade a 77 viper hull and weapon trailer for a completely finished, competitive T750 hull/motor and trailer and I'll be in the water next season. :lol:

Eyes and ears open....you never know!

T750 Boat #49 - Crew
2013, 2014, 2015 and 2017 High Points Champion

PostPosted: August 26th, 2013, 12:41 pm   
Team Member

tunnelv wrote:
next year well how about no more Triple c Racing..it will be two deltas and a allison ...DAD racing will team up on Jake!! :

T750 will be even bigger and more competitive next year. We are happy to have Triple C in the class. It was great to see the local fans support the local racer. With the proper set up the T750 boats should be able to turn the same props as the T850 boats. I gave Todd a prop to rework to 12 x 21. I think it will work well in T750 and also in T850 if the driver is a little heavy. I hope Todd tests it on their boats first. The T group really has support within the class members. The one area we need to expand is the helpers. We're working on that and we will be better in that area next year.
The Delta hull seems to have found new life in this class. We may need to build some new Deltas. We have the Critchfield molds. Did Paul also get the open deck [Delta style] from Marty? That deck was better than the original Delta deck and it would be less costly to put that deck on rather than repair an old original Delta deck.
Some one should follow up with Paul about that deck.

Just a note on tech rules. It is the drivers responsibility to be legal. Not the engine builder. Some are having a problem with the 160 compression limit. If your over 160 by a little or alot the result has to be the same DQ'd otherwise there is no reason to have that rule. With initial break in done and some running the compression will normally increase. You must take that into consideration. Our tests showed that there was NO difference in performance running 152 to 155 compared to 160. be smart. Some motors actually run better. Jakes 49 OMC and Jims 70 Yamaha both perform better at 145 to 150. Todd, Scott, Dave E and Erik all run their 56rs 153 to 155. Remember the 160 rule is there to detune the SST 60 motor. It is the one motor that needs the higher compression to out perform the others..

PostPosted: August 26th, 2013, 12:47 pm   
Team Member

Honker wrote:
LC - find me someone who wants to trade a 77 viper hull and weapon trailer for a completely finished, competitive T750 hull/motor and trailer and I'll be in the water next season. :lol:
Eyes and ears open....you never know!

Honker we will get you one! What T750 motor do you want to run? OMC, Mercury. Nissan/Tohatsu?
Perferred hull?

PostPosted: August 26th, 2013, 8:48 pm   
Team Member

OMC and a delta hull would be the preference for T750. Since we are already running that combination, the ability to swap/combine knowledge and parts is invaluable. After Jakes awesome showing on the weekend its time to go back to the drawing board and rework/fine tune our setup for the 2014 season. The goal for our team's rookie year was to build and race competitively without breaking the bank - and to help Jeremy get out and scratch an itch he's had since being a teenager watching the races from the gas docks at Dunnville.

Now its time to take everything we learned this year and fine tune the #49 boat. Once we have that down, more builds are sure to follow. In the meantime if something that fits the bill comes along, please feel free to pass along the information.

Thanks to everyone who helped Jeremy and his team this season. Without you guys sharing your knowledge and experience we might still be in the garage staring at a half finished boat! :lol:

T750 Boat #49 - Crew
2013, 2014, 2015 and 2017 High Points Champion

PostPosted: August 27th, 2013, 7:23 am   
Team Member

I was surprised to see the delta turn as well as it did in race conditions! Thank you everyone for your help at the races. Couldn't have done it without the extra hands. I didn't even have time to check out the cars ).;

My camera wasn't working too great that weekend. So it's the only half decent video i got! It wasn't even the full race for some reason :(
FYI: objects in camera are MUCH closer than they appear, and the camera can not see everything I could see field-of-view wise.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdsi1bAR ... e=youtu.be

PostPosted: August 27th, 2013, 7:56 am   
Team Member

jake@elsey.ca wrote:
I was surprised to see the delta turn as well as it did in race conditions! Thank you everyone for your help at the races. Couldn't have done it without the extra hands. I didn't even have time to check out the cars ).;

My camera wasn't working too great that weekend. So it's the only half decent video i got! It wasn't even the full race for some reason :(
FYI: objects in camera are MUCH closer than they appear, and the camera can not see everything I could see field-of-view wise.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdsi1bAR ... e=youtu.be

Great driving Jake...you carried great speeds through the corners and made it look easy

PostPosted: August 27th, 2013, 8:45 am   
Team Member

Honker wrote:
The goal for our team's rookie year was to build and race competitively without breaking the bank - and to help Jeremy get out and scratch an itch he's had since being a teenager watching the races from the gas docks at Dunnville.

Now its time to take everything we learned this year and fine tune the #49 boat. Once we have that down, more builds are sure to follow. In the meantime if something that fits the bill comes along, please feel free to pass along the information

]Thanks to everyone who helped Jeremy and his team this season. Without you guys sharing your knowledge and experience we might still be in the garage staring at a half finished boat! :lol:
[color=#0000BF]

This is true..i had advice given to me alot, i also had alot of help/support at home from my crew and family,for anyone being afraid of not being competitive just come race you will have help if you are not.

Oh and great vid Jake...ill be practicing cornering faster from the looks of it!!

#49 Triple C Racing
T750 Delta/ omc

PostPosted: August 27th, 2013, 3:16 pm   
Team Member

That's such a great video Jake! So much can be learned by watching that!!
It does look too easy though! ... it's really not that easy!! :shock: