It is currently July 2nd, 2024, 2:34 am

Antique Classic Boat Society- 100 Anniversary, Racing Theme

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 PostPosted: July 8th, 2013, 8:17 am   
Team Member

It should be noted that this was a first time event for the organizers.
They'd never run a race circuit at the show and I think they did a good job considering the challenges.
Hats off to Erik for pulling this off, getting us in and organized in such a professional manner.
Thanks Erik.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: July 8th, 2013, 11:56 am   

This was an oustanding event and an honour to be part of...Kudos' to Erik and the TORC group for organizing and demonstrating our contribution to the event. We were also happy to be part of the Static Display and would do it again in a minute. The ACBS should be thoroughly thanked for the invitation...again an honour and very appreciated...Looking forward to future events....Thx again ALL :)

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: July 8th, 2013, 5:27 pm   
Team Member

It’s been a thrilling 6month ride. Today, not sure if hung over, or perhaps post-partum depression setting in.
From the first meeting with new 2013 ACBS Execs in January who described their 2013 show racing vision as a distinct departure from 32 year history, there was never a choice whether to get involved to pull this off. Admittedly lacking race organizing experience, they relinquished race related programming, administration, compliance & discretion to Dave Richardson(APBA Inboard Vintage Chair) and myself..... a long rope from which to hang.
Knowing Dave had done this before at Clayton NY, I jumped in to bring forward CDN CBF/TORC/Local feet on the ground resources. Mandate was to pull this off, accommodate Steamship schedules and privileged mindset of woodies(eg Ditchburns, Greavette, etc..), maintain them on a scheduling leash within contingencies of running a race from 3 different locations( Launch ramp, Inboard pits, Outboard pits), and keep the show rolling for spectators and sponsors paying for the day.
Aside from thanking ACBS Executive, membership, volunteers, that welcomed and assisted with race theme & logistics, I am equally indebted to thank CBF/TORC Executive, members , volunteers, wives, girlfriends, sons, who contributed from small to large elements.
I & all drivers must thank the race impassioned Six Mile Lakers(6 ppl), Rowboat( & By), & Big Al, who upon my asking volunteered all day in T1 & T2 corner boats, TORC rescue/tow boat, removed buoys, and cleaned up end of day. They each joined CBF for the day, and have offered to help again. There are many great peopIe I have met from all walks, to conquer logistic challenges, have some laughs, which really makes it fun.
Finally, I want to thank Hydroid Jr, for signing on with me, attending meetings, sending emails, walking the courses in March, pictures for sanction/insurance, enduring my rants, suggesting solutions, and on and on, lifting boats, engines, blowing power heads, changing power heads, blowing power heads, changing power heads,….
Adios!

PostPosted: July 8th, 2013, 5:51 pm   
Team Member

Well I will say it was a great show! The Torc display in the field had a bit of everything which was very nice to show all the different types of race boats out there. I will admit I felt priviledged to be in with them, and beside them. Some Rey nice rigs there. The flea market section was cool. I coulda spent a lot of money on useless sh!t that was cool. Like the old ship airhorn. Haha. Woulda been fun for those drunkin evenings lmao.

Well put on. Erik and everyone else, you did a great job. (Even tho Erik can be an ass when hes stressed LOL. It's understandable with what you were trying to organize.). So kudos to you!!
Good show. Great people. Met a few new guys, so that was nice.

P.s. glad we weren't on Sunday, it poured rain, and it was dead there.

Cheers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6