It is currently July 2nd, 2024, 3:03 am

Antique Classic Boat Society- 100 Anniversary, Racing Theme

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 PostPosted: July 2nd, 2013, 12:50 am   
Team Member

SlowBoater wrote:
Hydroid wrote:
Northbase wrote:
Just talked to Archer, he can't make it. He's got a wedding to attend but he will be bringing a barge to act as dock space.

Wow, down to 3 Drag(NB, Motoboat, Top Gun) at best; recruit quickly(eg: Bigelow, Himagain, Momo, Tomcat), or Gig/RBT behind another of yours.
Although helpful for Inboard launching, not sure a barge accurately represents racing in Ontario; how fast does it go, or should we measure thrust in a 'Tug' category?

Hydroid. I talked to you on the phone Friday the 26th and confirmed I would be there with the boat for drags 100%...... And i registered a momth ago. So we have 4 for sure

Slowboater, when registered in May I had you down for static display.

We're back to 6, 3 pairs to put on a show:
Northbase
Top Gun
Motoboat
Tomcat
G Lyons - Euro w 12" mid mega Merc
Biglow

Link to ACBS show: http://www.acbs.ca/index.php/boat-show
Their Fbook: https://www.facebook.com/ACBSToronto

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: July 2nd, 2013, 8:11 am   
Team Member

Hydroid wrote:
SlowBoater wrote:
Hydroid wrote:
Northbase wrote:
Just talked to Archer, he can't make it. He's got a wedding to attend but he will be bringing a barge to act as dock space.

Wow, down to 3 Drag(NB, Motoboat, Top Gun) at best; recruit quickly(eg: Bigelow, Himagain, Momo, Tomcat), or Gig/RBT behind another of yours.
Although helpful for Inboard launching, not sure a barge accurately represents racing in Ontario; how fast does it go, or should we measure thrust in a 'Tug' category?

Hydroid. I talked to you on the phone Friday the 26th and confirmed I would be there with the boat for drags 100%...... And i registered a momth ago. So we have 4 for sure

Slowboater, when registered in May I had you down for static display.

We're back to 6, 3 pairs to put on a show:
Northbase
Top Gun
Motoboat
Tomcat
G Lyons - Euro w 12" mid mega Merc
Biglow

Link to ACBS show: http://www.acbs.ca/index.php/boat-show
Their Fbook: https://www.facebook.com/ACBSToronto

I thought I made it pretty clear I wasn't wasting my weekend sitting in a field.... I will confirm my attendance later this week

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2013, 9:09 am   
Team Member

Drag and T Boats on Friday ..
Looks as though we will be able to test Friday once the safety boat is on the water.
Think we'll be on our own for launching so if anyone else plans to test (or just make noise), maybe we can help each other out moving our boats in and out.
Post here if you're available and can help out.
Tom

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2013, 11:12 am   
Team Member

I thought I made it pretty clear I wasn't wasting my weekend sitting in a field.... I will confirm my attendance later this week[/quote]

Sean, I will provide absolute clarity:
- Although I thank you for participation, & enthusiasm to get on water, for reasons I will not justify here to you, per my sole discretion your participation will be limited to static display. This is not personal, it's how I chose to run outboard/drag portion based on availability, boats styles represented, within confines of ACBS show and time.
- First post in this thread(edited Apr 14) I indicated clearly your placement as static, having only received your general expression of interest via post(which no longer appears in this thread).
- Your ACBS registration(May 5) which I have on file, has no preferred indication for In Water/On Land
- The cream of CDN racing are displaying their boats as static: Ted Gryguc with Torrente's F1, Mark Rotharmel with Molinari, Hooper with SST60, Rob Scythes Scycraft. Your boat is to be among theirs, if you chose to attend and display.
- I welcome honesty to describe static display a waste of your time. However, others also with their preferences are generously prepared to contribute where and how they are asked, having a different value upon their time.

- Advise by 5pm today via phone/text only whether you will attend. If I do not hear by 5pm I will assume you will not, remove you from roster, thank you again for your interest to date.
- Consider other ways to volunteer at the event(eg: launching, pit, corner boat flagman, promotion).
- If your decision is not to attend, ironically you will be figuratively sitting in a field.

Regards

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2013, 11:22 am   
Team Member

Funny.. to each their own... I want to talk to the people and generate interest... I said I would only go if I was a static display in the field, haha.

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: July 2nd, 2013, 12:01 pm   
Team Member

Andrew4ce wrote:
Funny.. to each their own... I want to talk to the people and generate interest... I said I would only go if I was a static display in the field, haha.

AF, my sincerest apologies for oversight of excluding you from roster of CDN Racing Cream.

PostPosted: July 4th, 2013, 12:42 pm   

Wain Trotter got a hold of me and is wondering if anyone would be interested in running his BCH in the demo race. Send me a PM if you're interested.

PostPosted: July 7th, 2013, 9:08 pm   
Team Member

T Boat interest in the FIELD OF DREAMS static Boat display.
I spend 90% of my time at the static display. Craig Fraser's trailer was a blessing. Boy was it hot in that field!
We got 5 good leads on Saturday. 3 were people interested in racing and 2 had parts. Overall it was well worth the effort to be there.

PostPosted: July 8th, 2013, 7:17 am   
Team Member

WHAT A BLAST!!!!!
We were in Turn Boat 1 and did we get a show!
It was a great day.
Our only issue was we didn't get to see all the static displays.

Keep an eye out for Jim Kenzie's Wheels section of the Toronto Star on Saturday. He was with us in the turn boat for the afternoon show. He was very impressed with all the guys running and took lots of pictures!! He said we may "get a few words" this week.

PostPosted: July 8th, 2013, 7:41 am   
Team Member

Had a great time.
We were at the dock most of the day and received nothing but positive comments from the attendees.
It was hot and sunny, great day for boating and boat watching.
Really good PR for racing.
Hope we get invited back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next