It is currently June 22nd, 2024, 6:30 am

T-boats

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 5th, 2012, 12:34 pm   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:
Good news and bad news
Seems there is a rigging going on with a change in power on the T750 Six Mile VooDoo.
It has Gig power and added a third cylinder.
Just another boat for DOC to pass on his way to the front

is there many 750 s left, i dont think any have made it to a race?

#49 Triple C Racing
T750 Delta/ omc

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: July 5th, 2012, 1:01 pm   
Team Member

is there many 750 s left, i dont think any have made it to a race?[/quote]

There are a lot of T750 in the building stage. Erik had 2 problems with the T750 motor and it was easier and faster to change the motor.

PostPosted: July 6th, 2012, 9:39 pm   
Team Member

Hydroid wrote:
Buy property on 6ML, Critch/Delta/Vdoo's spring up like weeds....we're short of Alli's, so far.

I hear that the 6 mile Alli shortage may change for next year? ;) ... but not because I am buying a cottage on six mile!!
:( :D

PostPosted: July 9th, 2012, 8:24 am   
Team Member

WalkWithMax wrote:
Hydroid wrote:
Buy property on 6ML, Critch/Delta/Vdoo's spring up like weeds....we're short of Alli's, so far.

I hear that the 6 mile Alli shortage may change for next year? ;) ... but not because I am buying a cottage on six mile!!
:( :D

Dave there is one there already with an SST 60 on it. Randy has it and they say they are getting Jim Allan's Critchfield as well. That gives them 2 Critchfields and an Allison. I bet they race the two Critchfields.
Here is a video of the latest T850 on Six Mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPGeUsPUQ0U
Just like you, Zonka and Paul. Your all running the the 64 to 65 mph range right from the get go. It's great for the class to have competitive speeds reachable on the initial set-up. The challenge is the get into the 68 to 70 mph range where the top boats run. As you saw in your race with Todd at Gravenhurst on the Saturday, you can do very well provided you get a good start. The added 3 to 4 mphs allows you to move up in the pack and gain a few positions in the first couple of laps. After than the water conditions neutralize the field unless your running top 3 in the heat.
C. Fraser on 6 mile is also looking for a T boat.

PostPosted: July 31st, 2012, 8:31 am   
Team Member

I got a few e-mails from people interested in racing and why should they choose a T Boat over the other Stock Outboard Classes.

First step is to come to a race and meet the people and watch the classes. Dunnville is in a few weeks and a perfect place to watch a race.

One of your first observations is the speed of the boats in all the classes. They are much faster than you thought and if your a parent, it can give you a change of heart. Knowing this before your go to the races will give you a different view and you will not be as surprised.

One of the next things you will notice is the passion or love these racers have for the sport. Regardless of the class they run. You will also learn that a larger majority of them have raced for 10's of years and it is a family sport where several family members race.

So don't go to the race with just T Class in mind. One of the other classes may suit you better. The KEY is GO TO A RACE!

So what is unique about T Class?

[1] you trailer your complete outfit to the race..
[2] it runs back to back heats, so your in and out of the water once each day.
[3] the boat is used as a sport lake boat when your not racing...you get more overal use out of it.
[4] you sit in the boat and drive with a foot pedal and you have power trim.
[5] you can race an ETEC or 4 Stroke motor
[6] you can buy brand new parts from Seaway Marine if you need to.
[7] it is very easy to be competitive right from day one.
[8] watching your first T boat race will confirm that it is the wildest and one of the most challenging classes to race.
[9] resale value is excellent..good, well cared for outfits hold their value...their has not been any superior design changes since the 1980's and those hulls or copies of those hull make-up the field.