It is currently September 30th, 2024, 5:34 am

T750 - 2013

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 PostPosted: September 22nd, 2012, 8:51 am   
Team Member

I had a great time running gravenhurst,which was my first event! the water was rough in the back and I expected that was part of the game!I ran with no down trim and kept the thing right side up and finished without affecting the race`,which was my goal from the start!
I wasn`t expecting to run back to back heats which gave me no chance to adjust,repair or reprop! this was part of the reason I didn`t attend more races! the rookies need a little time in between heats to get things improved!if I had travelled a few hours to the race i would have been very disappointed,but being only 15 mins. away I chalked it up as a great learning experience!

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: September 22nd, 2012, 9:05 am   
Team Member

Uneducated comment ; in some types of racing they require newbys to start at the back of the pact for a certain number of races and have a color strip on their helmet, would this work or something similar?

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2012, 9:12 am   
Team Member

wetsidedown wrote:
Uneducated comment ; in some types of racing they require newbys to start at the back of the pact for a certain number of races and have a color strip on their helmet, would this work or something similar?

That is exactly what is done in our racing. The new racer has and X on the helmet and does run behind the others for a few races or until the officials and the class group are comfortable with the new racer. In T Class two years ago there were a number of new racers, so we ran them in their own heats.

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2012, 9:34 am   
Team Member

Mark I love the blue and white paint job on your 14 foot Checkmate. I hope we can get you out running in T next year. I bet that boat would be competitive with the T750. There could be a new member in the growing Empire Race Team. That boat is a VooDoo with an older model 60 Mercury. It should be a 55 mph boat. We are going to try an old small carb 60 hp on a Critchfield. It should run in the 55 mph range as well. These heavier boats will be good competition for the lighter T750's, but I think the top true T750's will win. I base this on the VP75 class in the states where the 2 cylinder 60 hp boats were much faster than the 3 cylinder models. LC was very competitive with his T750 running in T850. He had GPS speeds in the 60 mph range. He also found out and David will find the same thing with his T750 Allison. TheT750 boat handles better than a T850 and they are fast. The difference is the acceleration in T850 especially running a 56'r.

T750 will get alot of new interest next year!

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2012, 5:19 pm   
Team Member

Sorry Hounddog ; just don't remember seeing that.

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2012, 6:59 pm   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:
Mark I love the blue and white paint job on your 14 foot Checkmate. I hope we can get you out running in T next year. I bet that boat would be competitive with the T750. There could be a new member in the growing Empire Race Team. That boat is a VooDoo with an older model 60 Mercury. It should be a 55 mph boat.

Very cool!
This rig runs pretty comfortably in the 55 range. It would probably gain some few mph with a little kick out and a bit more height. Haven't played with the setup very much, but the learning curve has quick. It's a Cadillac in rough water and handles great.

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2012, 7:35 pm   
Team Member

wetsidedown wrote:
Sorry Hounddog ; just don't remember seeing that.

No need to be sorry, it was a good question. This thread is all about getting interest, having people ask questions and educate people not only in just T Class, but, boat racing in general. Even if your only interested in being a fan. The more you know about the sport, the more joy you will have watching. You have to be a fan first!

PostPosted: October 17th, 2012, 3:38 pm   
Team Member

The Tohatsu 50D....Another reason why this motor performs so well in T750 and in SO "D" class.
We keep learning more and more about this motor. It didn't take long to learn of the crank and casting problems. Now people are looking other features of this motor.
From another site
Quote:
To be honest, the Tohatsu triple has a near copy of the OMC Mod-50 pulse tuned exhaust system already. You'll go through alot of effort and expense to improve upon it without significant weight gain.

PostPosted: October 17th, 2012, 6:29 pm   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:
The Tohatsu 50D....Another reason why this motor performs so well in T750 and in SO "D" class.
We keep learning more and more about this motor. It didn't take long to learn of the crank and casting problems. Now people are looking other features of this motor.
From another site
Quote:
To be honest, the Tohatsu triple has a near copy of the OMC Mod-50 pulse tuned exhaust system already. You'll go through alot of effort and expense to improve upon it without significant weight gain.

I will be be bring some new M50 tohatsus http://www.tohatsu.co.jp/en/boat/products/m50sp.html in the new year if anyone is interested let me know.

http://thundercatracingna.com/

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: October 25th, 2012, 7:58 am   
Team Member

T750 OMC short shaft...$400.00 asking
It has been for sale for awhile. Lots of common parts even for a nitro case..the case,,prop shaft..

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicle ... Z405758330

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next