It is currently September 28th, 2024, 10:56 am

TIBS Racing Booth Jan 10-19

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 PostPosted: January 14th, 2014, 11:30 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

I can get a couple of exhibitor badges to the booth that you guys can reuse for the guys working the booth or email/text me if you need to get in. I'm not at the show tomorrow or Thursday but otherwise if you're working the booth and need to get in I can help.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: January 14th, 2014, 10:51 pm   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:
Looks like I am the only one there Tuesday. I will try to do the complete day.

Interesting day at the TIBS. I am OLD, BUT, up until 1:30 pm every visitor going by the booth was older than me. Must have been a day trip from an old folks home. Balance of afternoon was better. A few people were interested in the ASH for sale. Best new bee's leads were two young men interested in SLT and T. Andrew and Jake arrived later in the day and there was more traffic 6:30 to 8:00 pm. We may have got us a Mercury mechanic to help new T guys, he needs boat help and a Master Diver with friends, he needs car help.

TWO MORE...T stuff!
A fellow came by and said he had the LAST original Delta out of the mold from 1980. The deck and hull have need been joined.
Another former racer has original OMC props from the 1980s.
Both fellows say they will be in touch.

Last edited by Hounddog on January 15th, 2014, 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: January 15th, 2014, 9:11 am   
Team Member

To people heading down, many have troubles figuring out how to turn the TV's on...

Large TV: The remote is behind it I'm told. The videos are on a USB stick plugged in the back of the TV. Use the TV remote to play the files. I can't elaborate more as it's not mine, but most can figure this one out. The Lukseps can help more if needed.

Small TV: The remotes are in the Tshirt box behind the ThunderCat. TV is Haier, Media Player is Philips. The media player is playing all the time (located near the gearfoot). You should not need to touch it or the Philips remote. The TV power button is the bottom button on the right hand side of the TV. You should just have to turn the TV on. If there is a power glitch or something and the media player needs turning on, use the remote. Select USB, then Movies. Play any movie. once the movie is playing, select options on the philips remote, scroll down to "repeat all" and select. When you leave, do not turn off the media player, just the TV.

2014 Calendar Cards are down there. Hand out to anyone even curious. They are basically just for the show. 1000 cost us $20. More cards are in the Tshirt box behind the ThunderCat.

Thanks all!

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: January 15th, 2014, 12:30 pm   
Team Member

Large TV. Just turn on and press MEDIA player on the remote.

PostPosted: January 16th, 2014, 10:19 am   
Team Member

It was a great night at the show. I certainly spent a lot of time gaining knowledge from Graham and Erik when we weren't busy.

I spoke to a guy that bought a Charger DL from my Dad(Islington Marine) in 1986. He is looking to get his son involved in racing. They have a Delta with a 65 Merc short shaft.

We made a contact with Shellbourne fuels, a supplier of race fuels. They can custom mix fuels needed at any octane level desired. His price for clean ethanol free fuel seems to be quite reasonable.

http://shellbournefuels.com

PostPosted: January 16th, 2014, 8:24 pm   
Team Member

I've been dealing with John Shane, Shellbourne Fuels for years.
He'll mix whatever you want as long as you can specify exactly what you need, the variables are endless and when he starts talking about catalysts, methanol, lead additives, etc, my eyes usually glaze over.
I've supplied a few guys here with mixed results.
Pm me if you need more info.

PostPosted: January 16th, 2014, 9:25 pm   

Got by the booth today...great Job TORC :)

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: January 16th, 2014, 11:13 pm   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

Once the show is "over", I hope that you Boyz have a nice little picture show for those that can't make the show... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: January 20th, 2014, 12:21 pm   
Team Member

How was the weekend for activity at the booth?
Did the Sunday TAKE DOWN BOOTH crew have any problems?

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2014, 10:42 am   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

KAL Racing wrote:
Once the show is "over", I hope that you Boyz have a nice little picture show for those that can't make the show... :mrgreen:

Great pics :? Thank for sharing :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next