It is currently July 2nd, 2024, 2:36 am

Antique Classic Boat Society- 100 Anniversary, Racing Theme

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 PostPosted: March 29th, 2013, 11:23 pm   
Team Member

Great meeting in GH today with ACBS organizing Cmtee, Dave Richardson APBA Vintage Chair, TORC represented by Archer, Hunter, Keeling, Dave Ray, Mark Taylor, myself.
Detailed site walk, for IB & OB launching logistics, on water schedule, course setup, safety requirements, putting on a great show. Thanks to Archer & Keeling, they shared their experience for crane set up, barges for additional mooring, to ensure Inboard ease of quick launching.

- Registration: ACBS -all on water & static participants must register in advance will remain open until mid-june. However, we have limited space. Forms available to those who confirmed, for completion and return. No fees for static display or on water boats. CBF - On water participants will incur nominal regtn fee, TBD, for insurance coverage.

- Friday: Boats can be securely left on site overnight, security patrolled; we highly recommend boats on site Friday.
- Saturday: Gates open 8am, preferred parking available until 7:30am; get to ramp, launch T & Drag, get your boat over to dedicated OB docks/slip ready for day. Kubota tractors to be provided for T&Drag launch.

- On water schedule:
8:00am - gates open to public
9:00am - CDN Anthem, ceremonial lap w flag, announcements
9:30-11:30 - Inboards on water
11:30-1:00 - Outboards on water, order: T-850, BSH/20SSH, CSH(302 & 30H & 55H), Drags
1:00-2:30 - Boats in Motion: Classic woody racers(Greavette/Ditchburn/etc)
2:30-4:30 - Inboards on water
4:30-5:30 - Outboards, order: T- 850, BSH/20SSH, CSH, Drags.

OB Pits open to public while IB running, IB pits open while OB running. Props required to be covered, no fuelling. Pits close 45min prior to OB launch to prep. T & Drags will remain in water at docks through day, bring bumpers. SO carted in/out before/after segment.

Static display will occur at Field of Dreams across road. TORC will have 4000sf, adjacent to Miss Supertest, other static IB display. We require further SO(ASH/CSH(30h & 302)/CSR/25SSH/BCH), T, Drag boats for static display. Dave Ray will assist with static commitments and layout with TORC booth.

Again, I encourage all with race boats to participate, register now. If your rig is for static display, we seek your assistance to launch on water classes, you'll have best seat in the house to watch Inboards and Outboards. TORC participants will have racer only all pit access wristband.
More to follow.

E Luksep

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: March 30th, 2013, 1:50 am   
Team Member

Sounds awesome! Not be missed.

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: March 30th, 2013, 10:05 am   
Team Member

Hydroid wrote:
Static display:
Gryguc F1
Hooper SST60
MWE14- Scycraft
Fralick - Tcat
Anthony SS - STV
Slowboater - STV
NEED MORE

What I could do is put a T750 boat on one side of the two side by side trailer and a T850 boat on the other side. The fact that the trailers are angled will help display the boats. This will be in addition to the 2 boats in the water. I will need to mount motors. Maybe a Chrysler on one and an Elgin on the other! Not better go with an OMC and a Tohatsu.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2013, 11:59 am   
Team Member

Vintage inboard video/pics:

- Wolfeboro 2011, see 2:00-4:10(GP Hydro), 4:10-5:00(Jersey Skiff), 6:30-7:30(pics):http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=xa-iKkAC5BQ

- Classic Race Boats: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA3YC3EUrnw

- Tavares 3/2011 pics: http://www.vintageraceboatshop.com/Tavares-2011.htm

I attended Tavares March 2011; many of these will be at GH.

PostPosted: April 14th, 2013, 12:33 pm   
Team Member

I will send out ACBS registration forms to all on list at beginning of thread.

I need email addys & ph# coordinates ASAP for the following:

- Captain Hook(Lee)
- Bmax(Dean)
- MWE14
- T Gryguc
- S Goodman

Would someone please send me Captain Hook's (Lee's) coordinates? lasrt name, email addy, ph#.

Last edited by Hydroid on April 16th, 2013, 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: April 14th, 2013, 1:39 pm   
Team Member

If you need a T750 boat, I will bring my Alli...
Sounds like a great event!!
Dave.

PostPosted: April 15th, 2013, 8:21 am   
Team Member

Dave, if you commit to be there then your in. The plan is to have 8 T's in the water show plus T's in the display area. You can can take one of my spots in the show. We would like to have as many different T racers in the event as we can. I originally committed to 2 boats in the water show and 2 boats in the display. With you being in the show then I am down to 3 boats. If another T racer wants to be there. Let us know and I will give up another spot or spots. This is a one time GREAT EVENT to be part of!

PostPosted: April 15th, 2013, 9:32 am   
Team Member

That sounds great Don! Count me in! If I blow up at Waterford or GH racing, I will be in the static display, otherwise I would like to do the water show! :)

PostPosted: April 15th, 2013, 10:43 am   
Team Member

WalkWithMax wrote:
That sounds great Don! Count me in! If I blow up at Waterford or GH racing, I will be in the static display, otherwise I would like to do the water show! :)

Dave, pleased to have you participate. Currently, I have 10T's committed, (9) 850's, your 750, replacing Don's Oasis. It will be busy/rough, will make for a great show. I'll put you down w Alli, either water or static, we'll sort it out. Thx!

Kristian Luksep Critchfield
Erik Luksep Voodoo
Don MacDonald Voodoo
Mike Hooper Critchfield
Kevin McMillen Racecraft
Dave Muir Allison
Don Whittington Critchfield
Bryan Geiger Tuff Critch
Craig Fraser Critchfield
Dave Elsey Allison

PostPosted: April 15th, 2013, 3:16 pm   
Team Member

Still need contact info for:
- Captain Hook, Lee
- Shivers, Don
- MWE14, Morgan

Somebody cough it up in a PM.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next