It is currently June 25th, 2024, 8:02 pm

T-750..Dunnville

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: August 21st, 2013, 6:47 pm   
Team Member

wow that prop looks mighty fine!! Definetly my kinda prop ;)

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: August 21st, 2013, 7:01 pm   
Drag Racing Sponsor

I ended up selling my Yamarude trim so we could have another racer out for DV and ended up rigging my new critch for the 850 motor. I planned on rigging up a quick change setup to switch 750 and 850 motors out in a few min but time just hasn't permitted me to finish it. Sorry guys but for now it's just an 850 boat. If we race at Crystal Lake I can have it ready for then... Testing went well with the new critch. I like it!

19' Laser 380 Ray (Future Project)

PostPosted: August 21st, 2013, 7:01 pm   
Drag Racing Sponsor

I ended up selling my Yamarude trim so we could have another racer out for DV and ended up rigging my new critch for the 850 motor. I planned on rigging up a quick change setup to switch 750 and 850 motors out in a few min but time just hasn't permitted me to finish it. Sorry guys but for now it's just an 850 boat. If we race at Crystal Lake I can have it ready for then... Testing went well with the new critch. I like it!

19' Laser 380 Ray (Future Project)

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2013, 4:30 pm   

:) Yes, I will be bringing Dave Muir's Allison (we bought) up from the states to race T-750. Todd will run the Critch in T-850, and I (Thom Bucknell) will run the Allison in T-750. That should give us at least 5-6 T-750's. However, I am not sure I like the idea of right hand turns. No problem running with the TC-750's, but right turns with the V-bottoms?

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2013, 11:07 am   
Team Member

Although I don't drive....I have spent almost as much time as tunnelv working on the Riverside delta (boat #49). That boat was built from the ground up and setup to do two things....go fast, turn left. Everything we have done for setup, location of cables, rpm gauge, trim buttons, trim gauge, kill switch, motor height, seat location is ALL based on the driver turning left to maximize driver safety and awareness on the course. Its not that the T-boats can't turn right, of course they can. Its that the boats are not setup to turn right, and generally the drivers don't practice turning right, which on the racecourse would introduce an unknown element = increased potential for error. I personally am not in favour of seeing the course layout change on the last weekend of racing for the season.

Also, if there is enough T-750 boats and TCats to run their own heats, they should. These guys have paid their dues just like everyone else, no reason why they should even have to run combined classes. Again...its not about whether or not they can, they proved that in Gravenhurst. Its about keeping everyone as safe as possible and giving they guys in both those classes the chance to run a clean race in their own class.

Now...IF one of those two classes doesn't have enough boats, and they need to run combined, then the class that does have enough should get their choice of course layout.

Just my two cents, its really not that hot a topic in our camp.....the drivers and officials can all get it figured out - it will be a great weekend of racing no matter what gets decided!

Weather is supposed to be perfect Saturday, little hot and a bit of wind on Sunday afternoon.

T-boat guys...you know who I am. Me and the crew are on home turf, around all weekend and I should have some extra hands. If you guys need help just find me and let me know.

See you boys in the pits!

T750 Boat #49 - Crew
2013, 2014, 2015 and 2017 High Points Champion

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2013, 11:34 am   

:D Hey Honker, I could not have said it better myself. Fellow T-750 driver.

PostPosted: August 25th, 2013, 11:21 am   
Team Member

BOY I AM REALLY LIKING THE WAY THIS CLASS IS DEVELOPING!
Those that missed Saturdays T750 race missed a good one. Two heats and margin of victory was less than a boat length in both heats. It was the Craig and Jake show. What was even better was that fact Craig was running a 49 BIG Foot and Jake was running a pure T750 two cylinder OMC. Each lap was the same. Craig's larger motor had the punch out of the turns, while Jake had the top end. It also demonstated the FAIR COMPETITION RULE which is SPECIAL and only in Canadian T Class. Craig's outfit would not be competitive in T850. He is allowed to race in T750, but does not get T750 points. He gets T850 points. BUT and this is most important. His points are the last place points that would have been awarded to the T850 class. So if there were 8 T850 boats that got points in the T850 class then Craig is awarded the points for 9th place.
Thom raced their T750 Allison. He is going to be in the hunt for top spot next year. The T750 guys are getting better set ups and the speeds are really improving. We are now seeing high 50's! I hope someone has video of Jake FLYING his Delta. Talk about running on the edge! These boats are not boring and there not slow. They can be just as wild as the T850's but they have an extra margin of safety running 10 miles an hour slower. Jake was GPS 58 MPH !!

PostPosted: August 25th, 2013, 9:33 pm   
Team Member

I am bummed out that I couldn't make it down to Dunnville this year. Looking forward to hearing more stories and seeing some pics from the weekend!

Charger 18 DL, 2.6L Yamaha

PostPosted: August 26th, 2013, 8:36 am   
Team Member

Absolutely spectacular weekend. The second heat of T750 racing on Sunday was the best of the season. I know Jake has managed to get a few of the teams scratching their heads and giving the setups some serious consideration. Going to be a busy fall/winter. :lol:

T750 Boat #49 - Crew
2013, 2014, 2015 and 2017 High Points Champion

PostPosted: August 26th, 2013, 9:16 am   
Team Member

Honker wrote:
Absolutely spectacular weekend. The second heat of T750 racing on Sunday was the best of the season. I know Jake has managed to get a few of the teams scratching their heads and giving the setups some serious consideration. Going to be a busy fall/winter. :lol:

Couldn't agree more the 750 race on the Sunday was super exciting...Jake has the delta flying and I mean litterally flying.

It was great to hear the fans cheer for the local hometown boy Jeremy and the rest of the "CCC Race Team" when they came out of the water, it sure does make it a fun event.

Honker NEEDS to get a Tboat!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next