It is currently July 2nd, 2024, 2:55 am

Gravenhurst Tim Hortons Muskoka Powerboat Races

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 29th, 2013, 10:08 am   

It's that time of year again!
The race will be at Gull Lake Park in Gravenhurst June 22-23. We welcome all stock and mod hydroplanes/runabouts, T-boats, SLT, and drags.
The sanction will be out soon. The racing will be from 10-5 both Saturday and Sunday with announcing from Brian Sherriff and Bryan Agar. We will have the Rotary Club on site with a hospitality tent selling food and beverage for the spectators. So there's another reason to head down even if you aren't racing! Saturday's awards will be handed out at the end of the day on Saturday by Miss Muskoka. And yes the hospitality tent will be running during the awards so stick around and support TORC and the Gravenhurst Rotary Club!
We will also be hosting a John Webster memorial BCH race on Saturday so break out your poppers and throw the lumber under them!
There will be free camping at the Hunter's shop at 1088 Sedore rd. Gravenhurst Friday, Saturday, and even Sunday night if needed. There is a bathroom with a shower on site. First come first serve for the hydro hookups. Greg Snyder and Norma Dixon will be having a free pig roast there on the Saturday for the racers.

Any updates will be posted here as they happen! Looking forward to making this event #1 again this year!

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: May 29th, 2013, 10:24 am   

If you are looking for a hotel for the weekend then book with our sponsor, the Marriott Residence Inn at the wharf in Gravenhurst. They are holding One Bedroom non-Lakeview Suites for the group at a special rate of $149/night, plus tax, with a 2 night minimum arriving Friday. The One Bedroom non-Lakeview Suites feature separate living and sleeping area with a king bed in the bedroom and double pull out sofa in the living area. All One Bedroom’s are well appointed with 2 flat screen TV’s, gas fireplace, full walkout balcony with Muskoka chairs and full kitchen facilities. (Full sized fridge, dishwasher, microwave and range top with full plates/ glasses and cutlery). All reservations at the Residence Inn Muskoka Wharf receive their complimentary full hot breakfast buffet (featuring egg and meat options, fruits, grains, cereal and yogurt as well as coffee, tea and juice. Coffee and tea are available 24 hours). High speed internet and full use of all onsite facilities including indoor pool, whirlpool and 24 hour fitness facility are complimentary for all in-house Guests too!
Book by June 7 to receive the discounted pricing! Too book call 705-687-6600 and ask for the TORC room block to reserve your room.

PostPosted: May 29th, 2013, 3:50 pm   
Team Member

I've also got space available for those looking for a place to crash for the weekend.
Test & tune will be on Friday for those interested.
Post or PM if you want to reserve a space.
Cheers

PostPosted: May 29th, 2013, 6:31 pm   
Team Member

Northbase wrote:
I've also got space available for those looking for a place to crash for the weekend.
Cheers

Pencil me in for a prime spot i'll be up Friday during the day...maybe take on the tin boat for a drag :lol:

PostPosted: May 29th, 2013, 7:07 pm   
Team Member

LittleCharger wrote:
Northbase wrote:
Cheers

Pencil me in for a prime spot i'll be up Friday during the day...maybe take on the tin boat for a drag :lol:

No problem Paul, I'll reserve the spot closest to the fridge for ya!

PostPosted: May 30th, 2013, 7:49 am   
Team Member

I'll take the spot the other side of the fridge!

PostPosted: May 30th, 2013, 12:03 pm   
Team Member

Northbase wrote:
Cheers

NB, I'll take up on the Fri/Sat offer; I enjoy my Kashe morning swim. I'll bring up chow,...I mean along.

PostPosted: May 30th, 2013, 12:52 pm   
Team Member

hunter10 wrote:
There will be free camping at the Hunter's shop at 1088 Sedore rd. Gravenhurst Friday, Saturday, and even Sunday night if needed. There is a bathroom with a shower on site. First come first serve for the hydro hookups. Greg Snyder and Norma Dixon will be having a free pig roast there on the Saturday for the racers.

We'll be there Sat night for the pig roast!! And need space to park a car for the night. Is tent camping suitable here?

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: May 30th, 2013, 12:58 pm   
Team Member

Hydroid wrote:

NB, I'll take up on the Fri/Sat offer; I enjoy my Kashe morning swim. I'll bring up chow,...I mean along.

Arn't you banned from cottage water front areas outside of sick mile? ;)

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: May 30th, 2013, 1:43 pm   

Northbase wrote:
Cheers

where is the test and tune friday? on kashee?

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph