It is currently April 28th, 2024, 1:08 am

Let me provide some invaluable worldly wisom (venting)

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 15th, 2012, 3:48 pm   
Team Member

Mrs Riot wrote:
mitchie wrote:
.... People nowadays treat others terribly.

So very true!!

You know Dubber, they were quite busy. And from what I overheard they were doing a lot of transmission work. But say what you want about Ford, I LOVE my Stang. It makes me smile every time I turn the key, every time I give the pedal a punch. I've never driven anything like this before. :D

Believe me Patty... This is not about one person... or two.. or three. It's about 12 years. lol.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: October 15th, 2012, 5:16 pm   
Team Member

Wow! Okay, so if it keeps you from going postal on the next guy who comes into the shop with his own light bulb, you better keep venting here.

I can't totally sympathize with your job, but I do work in the industry that probably has the highest employee turnover ever....call center. If you can only imagine the volume of incoming calls from people whose printer isn't working, cell phone isn't receiving, internet isn't connecting (Admit it, you've all been there pissed off about something!). I give these front line employees (who get paid minimum wage) the utmost respect because I wouldn't be able to do their job.

Seems that people care less about other people....every one's out for number 1.

PostPosted: October 16th, 2012, 8:01 am   
Team Member

Mrs Riot wrote:
Wow! Okay, so if it keeps you from going postal on the next guy who comes into the shop with his own light bulb, you better keep venting here.

I can't totally sympathize with your job, but I do work in the industry that probably has the highest employee turnover ever....call center. If you can only imagine the volume of incoming calls from people whose printer isn't working, cell phone isn't receiving, internet isn't connecting (Admit it, you've all been there pissed off about something!). I give these front line employees (who get paid minimum wage) the utmost respect because I wouldn't be able to do their job.

Seems that people care less about other people....every one's out for number 1.

You got that right...... A call center would be brutal. Sure. I have been wildly unsatisfied before. But I kept my cool and got through it. Giving somebody on the other end of the line the gears would not get me any further.

I have postponed my going postal indefinitely.. lol.

PostPosted: October 16th, 2012, 11:51 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

DoktorC wrote:
CCI wrote:
I'll share my feelings about this (owning a small business).

Take what you can get.
Only deal with the people you like (ie. people that actually pay and trust you)
The stress isn't worth caring that much, people naturally are dumb, trust yourself after all it is your business.
In my experience, many people are out to get you in business, and give the rest of us a bad name. Sucks, but true.
By only dealing with the good ones, you will refine your customer base over time giving you longevity.

It doesn't matter who bought what where, it really doesn't, the world has changed, we all need to see this. It's how we react that will make the difference. Having the attitude that a guy saved $500 and you won't give him adequate service burns me. I realize it rubs people the wrong way, but you need to step back and look at it from their position, $500 is $500. I'd drive 300km for that (so would you)! And YOU just missed the opportunity to prove to someone that you are the bigger person, and maybe you missed a sale next time around. Take what you can get!!!!

Tell him "I'm not happy that you bought somewhere else, I want you to buy here, and I want your service here, so I'm going to get you going, but remember me next time around!" OR If he's just a weinnie, tell him to shove it up his proverbial arse, sit on it and rotate, and don't ever come back.... lol.

Cheers, just my 2c

See...this really depends on the position of the business...I agree, if you're hungry you need to eat shit sometimes and take the service business. I've been there and learned the lessons. The guy who you bend over backwards for and give the deal to is the first guy to stick it to you OR he will have issues that you've got to take care of (which always cost $$). The guy who will drive the 300kms to save a nickel will do so next time no matter how good the service...he will not see the correlation. I will NOT drive that far to save $500 on any type of new vehicle....it's not worth the time, effort or FUEL. I couldn't face the service manager the first time it needed an oil change. At our place our customers come first...everyone gets the same level of service (all the same guys work on the stuff using the same tools and parts) but if you buy your boat from me and dock with me and store with me you come first...the guy with the bass pro tracker does NOT come before a Crestliner in our shop. It just would be fair to those who fully support us. This attitude does not cost sales. I always sell this aspect of the business first...you buy here you will be taken care of here. People appreciate the dedication to our customers. Of course Mitch and I both work at well established dealerships so its easier....remember I'm not saying we don't do the work or take care of these customers just that they don't come before those that support us. AND sometimes you just need to rant because you have to bite your tongue at work....

i think your right. we bend over backwards for our regular customers and they stay regular because of that..... the injection molding world is a shit show as Todd knows makes it tough to make a buck when china is right around the corner.

i have never bought a new car or truck but if i did i would buy it from Gm here in barrie only because of the great service work they have done for me....i only own a $5000 truck but they treat me like i bought a $100,000 one....

this being said i dont think i would ever buy new... and i would drive 300kms to save 500 bucks... but i would not cross a dealership that treats me good and if they have what i'm looking for then the price would be adjusted so i dont drive 300kms..

PostPosted: November 28th, 2012, 6:02 pm   
Team Member

Back to the top... Full moon boys. lol.

positive mitchie.

PostPosted: November 28th, 2012, 7:06 pm   
Team Member

mitchie wrote:

positive mitchie.

Lol...service..service..Mitchie...the client is always right! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: November 28th, 2012, 7:35 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

LittleCharger wrote:
mitchie wrote:

positive mitchie.

Unless of course your docks and storage buildings are at capacity.... :mrgreen:

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: November 29th, 2012, 9:11 am   
Team Member

LittleCharger wrote:
mitchie wrote:

positive mitchie.

Don't worry Charger.... She got what she wants. lol. And I smiled the whole time.
Even when I asked her to "please stop yelling at me".

But.... She is wrong.

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2012, 1:01 am   
Team Member

Is it me or does every whack job customer crawl out of the woodwork right before a holiday!

I own an equipment leasing company so were all about servicing clients, doing things a little differently than competitors and being easy to do business with. When you're selling money the product can't be all that different.... I do have some clients that I love doing business with and others that I cringe when I see them pop up, usually on an arrears report! I like anyone that pays me without any hassle, golden rule.

On the paying for service discussion I agree and I do support my local shop up the street for anything I can. I did save $30k on my Audi R8 buying in the states though. I take it to my local guy and pay though. I don't make demands from dealers I didn't buy from. However when I pay top dollar from a dealer I do expect to be well looked after and ill easily speak up when something's not right. Mercedes screwed me on a warranty to make an extra $2k on my wife's GL450. Ill never buy from the Newmarket dealer again. Because of one dumb decision on their part they just lost a 34 yr old client that has had four of them in the last four years. How many more will I buy?.. Pretty stupid.