It is currently April 28th, 2024, 3:59 am

Let me provide some invaluable worldly wisom (venting)

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 12th, 2012, 10:28 pm   
Team Member

Mrs Riot wrote:
Question.......since this is warranty work and also since I didn't buy the car in Belleville wouldn't that dealer be unhappy with me if I took it to them for the repair?

No I don't think that they would be unhappy. The warranty is covered by the manufacturer and not the dealer. The dealer gets paid for parts and labour from the manufacturer. They get to keep a mechanic busy too. Errr well being a ford they are probably super busy already :P

I think that part of the point Mitchie was trying to make was that people make ridiculous demands at dealers where they have never purchased anything. Someone coming in and politely asking for service is a whole different story.

Charger 18 DL, 2.6L Yamaha

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: October 12th, 2012, 11:55 pm   
Team Member

Patty... Its really odd to me that a dealer would do that. The belleville dealer
Should be more than happy to fix your seat for you and get your business. The point
Being that as a courteous intelligent person, dont waltz in demanding a loaner car
And a free detail because you lost valuable time. And of things dont go perfectly smooth,
Chances are they did not mean to f it up. And there is no need for a freak out. Treat
All people how you would like to be treated........ You have no idea what might be
Going on in that persons life who forgot to put creme in your coffee at hortons. Stuff
Is just stuff..... People nowadays treat others terribly.

PostPosted: October 13th, 2012, 12:14 am   
Team Member

Well their not all the same.
A few yrs. back bought a year old van (with new warranty) from GM dealer in Orillia, blew head gasket, darn they did BOTH heads???(one gasket), few months later again blows other head gasket, replace both again????, well the story goes,head gasket again(about 6mos.) warranty run out, take to regular mechanic, removes both heads and sends them to machine shop, reassembles, the thing is still RUNNING, IE. proper repair.
Bought new GM truck but NOT in ORILLIA!!!!!

PostPosted: October 13th, 2012, 12:25 am   
Team Member

its a shame some shop manuals do not reference common sence.

PostPosted: October 13th, 2012, 10:32 pm   
Team Member

A recent example of driving a couple of hours for more than money:

We bought our 115 HO from Hamer Bay (excellent buying experience, would recommend them to anyone). Hamer Bay is not the closest dealer. We spoke with both the local and Hamer Bay at the boat show. I think Hamer Bay was about $1000 less expensive. We drove a couple of hours for installation, and yes we will take the motor back to Hamer Bay for service. An interesting side note is the buying experience. I knew right away what the Hamer Bay price was. I only got an approximate number from the local guy. The Hamer Bay guys were very enthusiastic about the technology, knowledgeable, and helpful. For even money I'd drive a couple of hours for that.

I used to take my 100 GT to my local dealer and the service there was excellent. I wish I could have bought there. We'd have paid some extra to buy local, if all else was equal. There's price, service, and the sales experience. All matter to me.

As a side note, I work in the states. Almost everything retail there is less expensive than Canada, often by surprising amounts. A guy I swim with saved $15K on his BMW buying it in the US.

PostPosted: October 14th, 2012, 8:15 pm   
Team Member

mitchie wrote:
.... People nowadays treat others terribly.

So very true!!

You know Dubber, they were quite busy. And from what I overheard they were doing a lot of transmission work. But say what you want about Ford, I LOVE my Stang. It makes me smile every time I turn the key, every time I give the pedal a punch. I've never driven anything like this before. :D

PostPosted: October 14th, 2012, 10:19 pm   
Team Member

Mrs Riot wrote:
mitchie wrote:
.... People nowadays treat others terribly.

So very true!!

You know Dubber, they were quite busy. And from what I overheard they were doing a lot of transmission work. But say what you want about Ford, I LOVE my Stang. It makes me smile every time I turn the key, every time I give the pedal a punch. I've never driven anything like this before. :D

I was just giving you a hard time :)

Actually truth be told I love the new / retro Mustang :)

Charger 18 DL, 2.6L Yamaha

PostPosted: October 15th, 2012, 9:02 am   
Team Member

I think some are missing my point.

Buy wherever you want... But realize that the guy running the shop you bring it to for your warranty work and free coffee owes you NOTHING! You should be treated well... But for the business to take a loss to go above and beyond for you is ridiculous. And if you think that the manufacturer covers the cost of a dealer to go searching for your issues for hours.... You are very, very mistaken.

Treat people how you expect to be treated. When things don't go smooth. Keep your cool and definitely keep your snide, rude comments to yourself. You are not a tough guy when you spout off at somebody who CANNOT defend themselves in the same manner.

Shit goes wrong everywhere at some point. It is how everyone involved deals with it that is key.

Never Ever tell me a story about giving an employee at a business where you have been "wronged" a piece of your mind and expect a high five from me.

PostPosted: October 15th, 2012, 1:12 pm   
Team Member

I think we get it Mitchie, but it sounds like whatever happened hurt big time. Or maybe it's just a recurring theme? In so many ways we've been taught that being the squeaky wheel is the only way to get the job done. Without knowing this guy's history you could assume that maybe he has been screwed so many times by someone else that he's already frustrated and starts out defensive. Maybe he's just stupid. Let it go......you really can't change those kind of people. They will always believe they are right and they will always believe they have the right to be mean. Believe in karma.

PostPosted: October 15th, 2012, 2:36 pm   
Team Member

There is no doubt that people are jackasses LOL. DoktorC, did my post get you going? I like egging you on, its fun! I do see your guy's point. I HATE the loud/squeaky wheel, I feel like I always treat people with equal respect and level of quality/commitment, so when someone starts to whine and nit pick, it starts to get on my nerves. The problem is, as a business owner I want to help them and take care of any/all issues, but SO MANY people start to think... hey, if I got him to do that, I'll bet I can get him to do this. Give an inch, and a FEW will take a mile. Hard to distinguish sometimes between the good and the bad.

So do what I did, close the fucking doors. (There's a vent ;) )