It is currently April 27th, 2024, 4:08 pm

No impressed with the V-Max Series Prop

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 26th, 2012, 10:53 pm   
Team Member

Just got back with from my vacations....My 250hp Vmax came with a Yamaha 15 1/8" x 25p T-1 Prop...... now when Im alone at full throttle with or no vertical lift the boat starts bouncing I even removed the rear seat and less than a 1/4 gas to lighten the load
But with a passenger I have no problem with no vetical lift......Now got another Garmin GPS it was clocked at 73.9 mph at 5700 rpms with no vertical lift I will be getting a new jack The weight is to much for the Land and Sea L.O.L.

The 5 bladed I have no problems at all

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: August 27th, 2012, 12:19 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

The T-1's are good bow lift props. They seem to work well on James' Challenger and on the 24 Superboat. We had good luck with the 27M on my brother's 21 Talon. It has small blades and less rake (also lighter weight)...

I'd really check the core in that boat after seeing the screw holes too...

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: August 27th, 2012, 12:27 pm   
Team Member

I'm trying my neighbours tempest plus prop next weekend, also trying to borrow a raker prop to try, after installing gps speedo last weekend , although it was rough and I did'nt get to fully test the renegade, it is not going to be a good top end prop, great out of the hole and midrange, I'll be lucky if I get 80mph topend though. while I dont want to go back to an over hub chopper if I can help it, i'm not going to give up that much top end. Hey Rick, how does the T1 compare to the tempest plus?

Steve

PostPosted: August 27th, 2012, 12:48 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

beavertonae-21 wrote:
Hey Rick, how does the T1 compare to the tempest plus?

Steve

I don't really know...I've never run/seen a tempest plus. The T1's are big and heavy but seem to pull good numbers on big Vee's. The 24 super runs 77mph with a worked 27T and his 34 Super runs 75mph with the same props. The T1 didn't work well on the Talon but the 27M did....and niether worked on my SRV..

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: August 27th, 2012, 1:01 pm   
Team Member

my neighbours J-Craft pro max runs great with the tempest plus, jupiter pulseair had one on his ae and liked it as well, try as many props as you can I guess LOL I'm going to try as many as I can borrow for the rest of the summer and find a good all around prop for me with some better top end numbers. straightening the hook in my outer sponsons and raising the jack plate up another inch on the transomme, see fast I can get the ae going.

Steve

PostPosted: August 27th, 2012, 7:13 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Mazco re4 that I sold to Charles is the best all around prop for the AE and the fastest prop is a cleaver. Colin already did all the research and all the testing.

Steve ask chuck about the RE4... He said the splines were fucked when I sold it to him but see if he still has it. It will work Colin's 225 loved this prop when it ran.

Back on topic the T1's aka pro series prop are the best props for heavy vees that need bow lift...

PostPosted: August 27th, 2012, 7:38 pm   
Team Member

Thanks James, I would be very interested in trying the re-4 for sure. John Tiger also praised that prop in his test on a Canadian ae with merc 2.5 power in 94.

Steve