It is currently September 28th, 2024, 8:13 am

playing on muskoka...

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 PostPosted: August 23rd, 2012, 5:06 pm   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sHX8vV8 ... e.....last 4 min is 2 excels messing around ...super sidewinder and charger tv both 225 hp and only a few hours seat time each it is what it is... :lol: :roll:

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: August 23rd, 2012, 6:00 pm   
Team Member

I'm far from the safety police and not even close to perfect myself.... But that was complete recklessness. ghost riding? No life jackets?? And also not to be a dick... But at no point in that video was anybody doing 90mph (in the description it says the cell phone mic blew at 90). It takes alot of work and power to go 90... And I doubt that any charger has run 90 with a Yamaha 225. Other than that.... nice to see some old classic speed boats out on the muskokas.

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2012, 6:29 pm   

haha i never said we were doing 90 in the vid but,,, the tv has done 103 with the modded excel and a 32p cleaver....i'v heared john spaeth has had his hands on that boat at one point in time,he cracked it out of the mold i was told first in canada stv001 says the ownership....and if your not living on the edge your taking up too much space,,,, i had a teather and 4 boats following me to make sure the winder would survive.cheers...appreciate the concern....next time i'm out with the tv ill see if i can get vid of gps speed.,..we really dont know how fast she is now.90 was a guess and not my guess..,,the sidewinder top speed that day was about 50 mph iv got 62 mph last ride and im just waiting to test again after a few adjustments and new prop we'll see what she does now.,,

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2012, 6:32 pm   

and im all ears mitchie i know very little about boats,, i really dont wanna come across as a know-it-all... cause i know very little..

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2012, 6:54 pm   
Team Member

Yup I am with Mitchie. I wouldn't want to be next to you when you take off either a la the end of the video from the cameraman's boat. I can appreciate living on the edge and having fun be doing it safely with consideration for others is important.

Charger 18 DL, 2.6L Yamaha

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2012, 7:05 pm   
Team Member

The thing is that the rest of the boating community thinks we're all a bunch of out of control loose cannons... So ghost riding is likely not helping that. Throw a life jacket on... Your folks would be upset if you drowned... trust me. And let me tell you boomer... I drive my boat hard fast and on the edge, trust me others will attest to that..... I drive aggressive, BUT.... I don't hammer it 3 feet away from my buddies boat... Boats will do crazy things sometimes that you don't expect. Hence the seat time. I am NO expert myself, but i listen and read everything I can.. And I have done so for years. I'm not trying to lecture you. But I don't think you will make alot of friends in this community video taping your ghost riding, life jacket free adventures. The youtube video says that the mic blew out at 90mph.. that is where I got that from. I don't believe that boat does 90... And to be honest unless it had a monster drag or 300 3l I don't believe a TV would do 103... But I'm a a$$hole. :)
I say this not trying to be a fun sucking douche. It's just that Big numbers are not easy to get... They take time, research, seat time, major set up... the right boat and BIG power.... It takes alot of work and alot of money. (or is some cases just money and an STV) And myself and others in the community have put that time and money in.... So when people jump in a boat and spit out crazy numbers I get sensitive like a pregnant woman. Anyways... Sorry for the lecture. This is just the world as I see it. Any questions....??? I'm always around.

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2012, 7:07 pm   
Team Member

Or you could just buy one of those "Alliston" boats and then you will be fast and every other boat will be a copy or junk... LOL :o

P.S. That picture below in my sig is 94mph. I had HOURS of seat time and set up before I got there.

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2012, 8:09 pm   

dubber wrote:
Yup I am with Mitchie. I wouldn't want to be next to you when you take off either a la the end of the video from the cameraman's boat. I can appreciate living on the edge and having fun be doing it safely with consideration for others is important.

grow a pair

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2012, 8:24 pm   

wow all i can smell is vagina all over this forum :roll: guess i have to wait a couple more weeks to have muskoka back too myself and not get bothered about my shinanigans.......really im not the guy causeing accidents out there, but i appreciate the concern....i can be an asshole too was raised by the biggest dont want to be but here goes........ Mitchie holy throw more money at your boat its ok you will break 100 someday. im not concerned about breaking 100. but i am concerned about having fun you dont seem like you enjoy fun....ONE THING I will not stand for is being judged so id rather go boating wit one freind who doesnt judge me,, than a comunity of great fellas even if there is just a few people judging me i will leave cheers,..

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2012, 9:01 pm   
Team Member

BoomerMuskoka wrote:
and im all ears mitchie i know very little about boats,, i really dont wanna come across as a know-it-all... cause i know very little..

If you're gonna be like that.... Just so you know... You are the only retard I have ever heard of, who had there boat fall off there trailer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next