It is currently April 27th, 2024, 2:53 pm

10 LONG LAPS IN A GT30 RACE BOAT....GOT TO HURT!!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: November 15th, 2018, 12:59 am   
Team Member

I remember when we started T with the Back to Back heats. We had to decide on the number of laps per heat. We tried 7 laps because that was the limit some boats could run on fuel. After 7 the racers said....TOO MANY LAPS!...so we decided on 5.

This video is painful just to watch let alone be the driver. You have to give the young racer credit, he didn't quit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-ZxJx6R3c4

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: November 15th, 2018, 9:53 pm   

Reading you post..I remember back in the old days 1974 we would go to Lake St. Marys in Ohio to watch the OPC marathon races..I looked it up to refresh my memory...1st heat of FE FJ FS classes= 27 boats ...2nd heat of FG SD U classes =33 boats and 3rd heat of SE SJ SG S classes = 50 boats...beach start and run for an hour...very rough and windy on that lake but was crazy to watch like the 3rd heat with 50 boats coming off the beach together...My buddy ran FG and said you could feel those Unlimited tunnels coming up from behind to lap you..lol..I ran one time at Huntington W.va 1 hour marathon nationals in EP with the Critchfield on the Ohio river..Start off the retaining wall,loaded down with fuel..it was rough just waiting for the flag and after 1 lap it was nasty...4 boats broke down,2 sank and when my trim broke about half way I thought thank god and headed to the trailer and save it for another day...Jim

Profile Send private message