It is currently April 27th, 2024, 2:00 pm

OPBRA 2018 Peterborough T-Boats

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 19th, 2018, 9:43 am   
Team Member

Some observations from the videos here and the ones on the FB page.
- the VooDoo is not running the same motor it had at Gravenhurst.....it's the later model....Wonder how it would run with an SST45 power head.
- the turns are very sharp .....the second lane appears to be the better lane.....the exit pin from lane one is tight and several boats in both classes had a problem there.
- Jesse and Matt are less than a boat length apart in most turns so they must keep to their lanes under the overlap rule.
- I love the drone video on the FB page.....too bad their not closer to the boats.
- you could add a right hand turn to the course
- from the drone the boats appear to have a problem seeing the pin at the top end of the course...they don't go in a straight line to that pin.
- there is too much gear play in Matt's steering.... some makes of the single cable are better....some run the drum style rather than the rack
- Matt if you go to cable and pulley...I suggest you use the front mount Mercury steering bar same as DOC and Jim.
- Matt's Ron Hill prop is a big diameter.....Matt let me know the gear ratio you are running and I will make one of my special nose coned cases
for you to try at Gravenhurst next year....with your blue printed power head next year....a little more engine height with the nose cone....the OMC boys will be in trouble on the longer courses against the Yamaha.....they will still have an advantage at Waterford.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: September 19th, 2018, 10:05 am   

My daughter was trying an experimental engine that turned out to be a stone. She will be in a critchfield next year with a mid 80s 60 Johnson and will be dialed in now that I have taken a closer look at some set ups from the weekend. Look out 750 guys she can drive she just needs her old man to sit in a boat that's had some effort put into it! LOL! Can't wait to see everybody next year!

2019 Rossitter Critchfield SST60 EVINRUDE

PostPosted: September 19th, 2018, 11:28 am   
Team Member

craig737 wrote:
My daughter was trying an experimental engine that turned out to be a stone. She will be in a critchfield next year with a mid 80s 60 Johnson and will be dialed in now that I have taken a closer look at some set ups from the weekend. Look out 750 guys she can drive she just needs her old man to sit in a boat that's had some effort put into it! LOL! Can't wait to see everybody next year!

She did an awesome job out there Craig!!! It's great to see her out there and can't wait to see her beat on the boys! :lol:

We are looking forward to next year.

PostPosted: September 19th, 2018, 11:46 am   
Team Member

craig737 wrote:
She will be in a critchfield next year with a mid 80s 60 Johnson and will be dialed in now that I have taken a closer look at some set ups from the weekend. !

SHE WILL DO WELL IN T750!!

There is one brand new Critchfield.....RED at Top Gun and Paul has a new...YELLOW one. Not sure if its for sale?
He may have some other boats as well. Best call Paul

If you wanted to get an Allison T750.....Mr. Fraser has very competitive T750 Mercury combo
You already have his Critchfield.

Another possible boat is Dave Elsey's Allison.....just add the T750 OMC motor and get Dave's best prop.
I think this would be a super T750

From a safety aspect my celled Rapid Craft is by far the best boat available.....It would be better as a T850.

If I hear of other boats, I will let you know.

You do not want to take away her weight advantage by running a heavy boat.
T750 class weight is 594 lbs minimum for boat, motor, equipment and driver
AND weight makes a BIG difference in T750!!

PostPosted: September 19th, 2018, 12:10 pm   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:
l

If you wanted to get an Allison T750.....Mr. Fraser has very competitive T750 Mercury combo
You already have his Critchfield.

T750 - 3 cylinder models up to 750 c.c., 2 cylinder models up to 849 c.c (exception
Mercury 3 cylinder twin carburetor [ 49 cubic inch] is a probationary motor for 2018
only (all boats running this motor will be eligible for points)

PostPosted: September 19th, 2018, 1:49 pm   

Thanks Paul and Don! I appreciate the help and I'm sure I will need lots more! As it sits now I'm thinking of putting a twin 60 on my boat.....I think I'm gonna spend some time in formula and a little more time setting up Trish, Jessie, and Alivia. I'm not getting out of T boats for good just for now. I love driving my critchfield way too much to quit! It's lighter than Trish's and I think has had more prep work done so I'll sacrifice that one......for now lol!

PostPosted: September 19th, 2018, 2:20 pm   
Team Member

craig737 wrote:
Thanks Paul and Don! I appreciate the help and I'm sure I will need lots more! As it sits now I'm thinking of putting a twin 60 on my boat.....I think I'm gonna spend some time in formula and a little more time setting up Trish, Jessie, and Alivia. I'm not getting out of T boats for good just for now. I love driving my critchfield way too much to quit! It's lighter than Trish's and I think has had more prep work done so I'll sacrifice that one......for now lol!

If you quit taking Trish's lane she might let you race! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: September 19th, 2018, 7:58 pm   

Ha! I've gotta keep her off my heels somehow! Tonight I told her about my team revamp....she wasn't happy....she says she wants me to keep racing in t850....I think she has something up her sleeve!

PostPosted: September 19th, 2018, 8:44 pm   
Team Member

craig737 wrote:
Ha! I've gotta keep her off my heels somehow! Tonight I told her about my team revamp....she wasn't happy....she says she wants me to keep racing in t850....I think she has something up her sleeve!

:lol:

PostPosted: September 19th, 2018, 9:23 pm   

DoktorC wrote:
mattmak wrote:
Onboard footage of T750 Race 1, with Jordan's Play by Play. Action starts at 1m:30s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP5XfkLqewY

That's awesome!!! I love the play by play with that perspective.

Get some string steering would ya...i got tired driving along with you lol.

It is on the to do list!

The to do list is long... :|

1980 Thundercraft v142 Restored