It is currently October 5th, 2024, 6:51 pm

Dunnville 1997 full weekend video

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 21st, 2012, 7:24 am   
Team Member

Had an old tape of the 1997 dunnville races. Switched it to DVD and uploaded it before VCRs go completely extinct lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2dGhG0B1jo&sns=em

Last edited by Ricker on December 21st, 2012, 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: December 21st, 2012, 7:55 am   
Team Member

Awesome!

An early christmas present....I'll be sure to snuggle up to a couple of cold ones and watch some racing over the holidays...the wife will love it! :lol:

PostPosted: December 21st, 2012, 9:16 am   
Team Member

Haha ya i wish i had more of the old tapes. I would put all of them up if i had them. I almost died when my dad and uncle came up in one of the team profiles lol

PostPosted: December 21st, 2012, 9:52 am   
Team Member

Ricker wrote:
Haha ya i wish i had more of the old tapes. I would put all of them up if i had them. I almost died when my dad and uncle came up in one of the team profiles lol

I still have several VCR tapes. The quanlity of yours is very good. I can loan you my tapes if you want to post them. The race here is 1997. This was the year we didn't race in EP. Jim destroyed the Lee 650XS at Dunnville in 1996. We had Jim's current Yamaha Critchfield in 1997. We couldn't get any performance out of it in 1997, so we didn't race it. 1997 was the first year they allowed the MOD VP Quebec hull in the race. Will Alsops boat is the boat Mike Hooper currently owns. Eric the Crtichfield you just got from Dave is Cam Morleys boat in this race. Cam won the Nationals a few weeks after this race with the same boat. It was not a fast year speed wise for EP. The Mod VP seemed too fast. It wasn't...its was the fact that the others were slow. By 2000 the Mod VP's ran at or near the back of the pack.

I agree with LC, it is nice to play race films at Christmas time. I watch the World Juniors, race tapes and CITY TV fireplace.

PostPosted: December 21st, 2012, 10:05 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

thats some top notch racing... was that TORC organizing those?

PostPosted: December 21st, 2012, 10:23 am   
Team Member

Awesome,cant wait to watch more of it ,thanks for sharing i used to help, work and watch at the dunnville races every year, i think it was PBR superleague that put them on at the end, and CBF?

#49 Triple C Racing
T750 Delta/ omc

PostPosted: December 21st, 2012, 10:46 am   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:
Ricker wrote:

I still have several VCR tapes. The quanlity of yours is very good. I can loan you my tapes if you want to post them. The race here is 1997. This was the year we didn't race in EP. Jim destroyed the Lee 650XS at Dunnville in 1996. We had Jim's current Yamaha Critchfield in 1997. We couldn't get any performance out of it in 1997, so we didn't race it. 1997 was the first year they allowed the MOD VP Quebec hull in the race. Will Alsops boat is the boat Mike Hooper currently owns. Eric the Crtichfield you just got from Dave is Cam Morleys boat in this race. Cam won the Nationals a few weeks after this race with the same boat. It was not a fast year speed wise for EP. The Mod VP seemed too fast. It wasn't...its was the fact that the others were slow. By 2000 the Mod VP's ran at or near the back of the pack.

I agree with LC, it is nice to play race films at Christmas time. I watch the World Juniors, race tapes and CITY TV fireplace.

Cool! My dad told me he thought that my boat was cam morleys but now its comfirmed!. I would love to borrow some older tapes from when my uncle was in EP! The tape i had said 1996 on it but it was written by hand so it could be wrong!

PostPosted: December 21st, 2012, 11:55 am   

awsome video...thanks for posting it...I have some old Dunnville tapes and hope to be able to post them,some are ok,some are not so great but I have FE/EP Dunnville 86,87,88,89,90 and 91.I hope I can save them and get them in a different format...Merry Christmas to all...Jim

PostPosted: December 21st, 2012, 3:27 pm   
Team Member

Ricker wrote:
I would love to borrow some older tapes from when my uncle was in EP! The tape i had said 1996 on it but it was written by hand so it could be wrong!

Here's your Uncle Rob in 1996. I have others.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXbjjmS16Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igE9KQEjqI4

PostPosted: December 21st, 2012, 7:02 pm   
Team Member

I've seen those videos lol would like to see that whole weekend of racing and earlier years aswel. I have everything to set up to convert the VHS to DVD so if you have the tapes i will convert them and post them. Its just a shame that i have to watch all the tapes while they convert ;) lol