It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:35 pm

1988 Charger STV Project

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 PostPosted: May 29th, 2017, 10:19 am   
Team Member

Yeah I think the boat has much better lines when the windshield is off. When I rebuilt it I made that seat base much lower (dropped it about 3") so you're sitting much lower in the boat to begin with which makes the windshield less necessary.

Definitely loving everything about the boat so far. Feels much lighter and more ridgid and the lower CofG with the shorter mid makes the boat handle better and seem more stable. Definitely happy with how it has all turned out. Been playing around with props and set up and very happy with the results thus far.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: November 28th, 2018, 1:19 pm   

Beautiful! Well done :)

2019 OPBRA Formula Champion

PostPosted: January 28th, 2019, 1:14 pm   

talonkid wrote:
So when I bought the boat it all appeared to be pretty solid, no stress crack around the transom, pretty solid elsewhere in the boat. After almost seeing the ski pole rip out of the boat down in Jasper after a ski up the river thought I would dig in and take a closer look at it all. Started cutting away into the floor. Started pulling it away in pieces with just my hands - both fiberglass and plywood floor - the whole floor was rotten. Same with the stringers. Totally soaked.

Luckily for me though, checked around in a couple of different areas and the transom is totally dry - and based on the evidence of drilling into a couple spots and seeing dry wood, and the lack of stress cracks anywhere in the transom both lead me to believe it doesn't need replacing.

As for the rest of the boat (new floor, seat bases, knees, stringers, and front bulkhead) all new coosa is going back in. The exterior of the boat is in excellent shape and with a good buff and wax will look like brand new. All the interior and rigging is getting redone also. It seems like these projects are becoming an addiction more than a hobby lol. In either case, the boat will look brand new - and basically will be brand new at the end of it all.

Considering how well it ran with a rotten floor and rotten stringers I'm very anxious as to how it will run when its not rotten.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8