It is currently May 12th, 2024, 3:28 am

Mr Rude

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 13th, 2012, 8:02 pm   
Team Member

A little upgrade for the Delta

Got some of the motor painted and back together over the weekend, wing plates next, and then hope to hit the lake with it over the long weekend for a test run.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: May 13th, 2012, 8:12 pm   
Team Member

Paul, looks very nice. When I saw Bryan on Saturday he mentioned that 49 and 56 OMC steering bars were in the works. Obviously you are getting a set and for others needing them contact Bryan. You will not be disappointed in the workmanship.

PostPosted: May 13th, 2012, 8:42 pm   
Team Member

any mid clamp pics? looks minty

PostPosted: May 13th, 2012, 9:10 pm   
Team Member

I didn't like the stinger mounting brackets so I picked up a newer blown up 49 and took the cut off wheel to it! :o. I kept the inline merc trim cylinder for now and newer swivel allowed me a direct hook up for the cylinder versus having to manufacture something. The old stinger swivel on the left the cut up one on the right.

It turned out pretty good after some paint.

No time to find new decals so painted the hood with them on.

Still need to cut the cover around the wing plates and fill the top 2 holes in the lower unit

Last edited by LittleCharger on May 13th, 2012, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: May 13th, 2012, 9:19 pm   
Team Member

That looks awesome LC!!!!!!! You are gonna love the extra power!! 8-)

PostPosted: May 13th, 2012, 9:54 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Dude that looks SICK!!! I really like the looks of that...good work

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: May 13th, 2012, 10:27 pm   
Team Member

Yeah man, that looks like it came together real nice. Great job! I have done the decal on paint around and your Paint looks great!!

Charger 18 DL, 2.6L Yamaha

PostPosted: May 14th, 2012, 9:02 am   
Team Member

Another good advantage. This bracket has the steering tube, so like the Yamaharudes you can use all the different steering systems. Cable and pulley is the best for racing, but after this motor's racing days are over it has multiple choices.
Paul, now that Dave has experienced his first hook with the Allison, he will be ready to do battle with you at Waterford. With all the new props at the T Party, I was surprised not to see any props switch testing. I didn't see Bryan run, but I understand he still has than little extra over the other T Boats. With your success beating many T850 boats with your T750 boat last year you should give hime a run this year. We got to get DOC out there. I am worried 6 place maybe a stretch for him this year with all the new competition. He is so busy selling marine products that he will have limited test time.
Let's get him a digital watch, so he will be ready for the new digital clock at Waterford. At least he can work on his starts and we all know he is not afraid of blocking.

PostPosted: May 14th, 2012, 9:08 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Hounddog wrote:
Another good advantage. This bracket has the steering tube, so like the Yamaharudes you can use all the different steering systems. Cable and pulley is the best for racing, but after this motor's racing days are over it has multiple choices.
Paul, now that Dave has experienced his first hook with the Allison, he will be ready to do battle with you at Waterford. With all the new props at the T Party, I was surprised not to see any props switch testing. I didn't see Bryan run, but I understand he still has than little extra over the other T Boats. With your success beating many T850 boats with your T750 boat last year you should give hime a run this year. We got to get DOC out there. I am worried 6 place maybe a stretch for him this year with all the new competition. He is so busy selling marine products that he will have limited test time.
Let's get him a digital watch, so he will be ready for the new digital clock at Waterford. At least he can work on his starts and we all know he is not afraid of blocking.

Don't worry about the Dok...;)

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: May 14th, 2012, 9:24 am   
Team Member

DoktorC wrote:
Hounddog wrote:

Don't worry about the Dok...;)

Oh I'm sure Dok will be up front in the thick of things I heard he's been secretly cooking and tweaking things in the ole workshop.