It is currently May 4th, 2024, 7:02 pm

Vision Rebuild

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 PostPosted: April 26th, 2015, 9:28 pm   
Team Member

that is one sweet Boat!!!

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: April 26th, 2015, 9:36 pm   

Give me a ride! Awesome pictures

PostPosted: April 27th, 2015, 8:23 am   

whats going on with your motor? did you have a chance to look at it any further?

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

PostPosted: April 27th, 2015, 8:30 am   
Team Member

It needs a lower unit and an exhaust divider plate. And the jackplate I bought off 79jcraft is pretty fucked, think I might just want another manual plate, 4" instead of the old 6"..... And I need steering lol

PostPosted: April 27th, 2015, 12:22 pm   
Team Member

Bring
Out
Another
Thousand

LOL Been there, dual cable steering is such a rip off to buy new now , unless you can find a good used setup I would go hydrallic and get it done for good.

PostPosted: April 27th, 2015, 12:25 pm   
Team Member

Exactly Steve, there's no end to what one could spend lol... I'm going to see what I can get together on my budget to get it together this year, then upgrade from there

PostPosted: April 27th, 2015, 10:44 pm   

hmm i have a used dual cable setup in my dumpsterslut.. going seastar :lol: .. i have forsale complete teleflex dual cable system with a tilt helm and steering wheel.. $250..

whats wrong with your hydraulic jack? why would you buy junk off jcrafdt should of went too Top Gun.. his stuff works or it hits the dumpster..

:lol:

PostPosted: April 28th, 2015, 7:00 am   
Team Member

BoomerMuskoka wrote:
hmm i have a used dual cable setup in my dumpsterslut.. going seastar :lol: .. i have forsale complete teleflex dual cable system with a tilt helm and steering wheel.. $250..

whats wrong with your hydraulic jack? why would you buy junk off jcrafdt should of went too Top Gun.. his stuff works or it hits the dumpster..

He wanted $200 for the jackplate and a set of dual blinker trim switches. He gave the switches to someone else in front of me saying he'd send me another set he had, that I never received, and the jackplate is in worse shape than I first thought it was. The wiring is cut off right at the motor, so it needs to be rewired, which I knew about, the broken bushing housing at the top of the cylinder has a very questionable weld job, and the bushing is worn out, both of which I didn't know until I took it apart to wire the motor. Lesson learned.... I'd like to go with cable and pulley steering, does Top Gun carry helms and pulleys and stuff? But then again, at $150, yours sounds like an ok deal too. Is it dual opposed rack? Or rotary?

PostPosted: April 28th, 2015, 7:28 am   

idvette wrote:
BoomerMuskoka wrote:

He wanted $200 for the jackplate and a set of dual blinker trim switches. He gave the switches to someone else in front of me saying he'd send me another set he had, that I never received, and the jackplate is in worse shape than I first thought it was. The wiring is cut off right at the motor, so it needs to be rewired, which I knew about, the broken bushing housing at the top of the cylinder has a very questionable weld job, and the bushing is worn out, both of which I didn't know until I took it apart to wire the motor. Lesson learned.... I'd like to go with cable and pulley steering, does Top Gun carry helms and pulleys and stuff? But then again, at $150, yours sounds like an ok deal too. Is it dual opposed rack? Or rotary?

sounds like a terrible deal,,..a broken jack and NO trim switches

the steering i have is rotary teleflex, $250..

top gun has all the stuff to do cable pulley, you would need a different mid, you need wing plates, helm, pulleys,cable,some fancy hardware.. i do have a used nhidal cable system i'm not sure im going to part with it just yet..

paul has new trim switches in stock

PostPosted: April 28th, 2015, 7:43 am   
Team Member

I didn't know I needed a different mid, I thought wing plates would bolt up. I currently have a nfb rack installed, and a ride guide setup less cables in a box, but I hear the cables are no longer available. I want to go dual opposed in the end, I just like the look and geometry more. And yes, it was a terrible deal lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next