It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 11:12 am

Putting a VOODOO DECK on a DELTA

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 11th, 2013, 8:51 am   
Team Member

Could be the remains of Cam Morley's old Delta. Is it the hull that was for sale in Barrie a few years ago? If the VooDoo deck works it is a good option for people that have old Delta hulls with major deck damage. When Jim Tucker was designing the VooDoo the original idea was to use a Delta hull with a 4 inch step in the hull. The problem he had was joining the deck to the hull. It was easier to join the two with the Hydrostream style deck and hull so he made them that way. Looking at the way the transom is cut I think the Baker or Rapid Craft hull maybe even a better fit. The extra wide deck does produce a bat wing style boat. Jake's T750 Delta is similar but not as extreme and his hull works very well. The advantage of having it extra wide is the ability to make it smaller if the boat has too much lift. Easier to remove than add material. That deck also has a centre deck. If it was my boat, I would loan a SLT motor [Andrew's 50 yamaha would be ideal] and try it. The early V bottom Sport E boats had the steering close to the stern. This boat may? really perform with the steering mounted behind the centre deck.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: October 11th, 2013, 10:39 am   
Team Member

Both the Voodoo and the Voodoo Mini from Canadian Edition were based on a Delta hull and V-King deck.

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: October 11th, 2013, 12:03 pm   

The boat was for sale in the willow beach area by me a few years ago and it was in the area for about 10 years if not more before that.

PostPosted: October 11th, 2013, 2:51 pm   

Cool project! Keep the pics coming, great idea by the way.