It is currently May 11th, 2024, 7:53 am

race craft,

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 24th, 2013, 11:02 pm   

1972 race craft 1 of 250 made, was a jet boat with a 454, i think it would be sweet with a huge outboard........ and tons of setback. :lol:

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: April 24th, 2013, 11:48 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

That is a very cool boat...just in terms of history...I honestly don't know if I'd go outboard with that or try to stay more original. That's a tough call....if it was a Vee drive my decision would be easy but jets suck...

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: April 24th, 2013, 11:55 pm   
Team Member

Yes some things deserve to stay orginalish. This would be a neat boat fully restored. Lots of work a head of it though. The major pieces appear there such as the back hatch which would be likely tough to find otherwise.

Charger 18 DL, 2.6L Yamaha

PostPosted: April 25th, 2013, 9:20 am   

its sitting at my gf parents house they said i could buy it cheap... i want to go at it but i have the baker and Tboat i want to build, so i told them if no one else wants it when im done the baker ill do it next....everything on the boat seems solid, the gel isnt cracked just needs a good wet sand and it would shine again....maby the rebuilt 454 could go back in it?,,, he wants $7000 for the motor... rebuilt .030 over 4-500 hp., i dont think i would put the jet back in maby stern drive, or v drive.. but an outboard would leave the hatch open for storage tubes, coolers, skis, etc....i can picture a sweet lake boat for cruizin'

PostPosted: April 25th, 2013, 9:31 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

BoomerMuskoka wrote:
its sitting at my gf parents house they said i could buy it cheap... i want to go at it but i have the baker and Tboat i want to build, so i told them if no one else wants it when im done the baker ill do it next....everything on the boat seems solid, the gel isnt cracked just needs a good wet sand and it would shine again....maby the rebuilt 454 could go back in it?,,, he wants $7000 for the motor... rebuilt .030 over 4-500 hp., i dont think i would put the jet back in maby stern drive, or v drive.. but an outboard would leave the hatch open for storage tubes, coolers, skis, etc....i can picture a sweet lake boat for cruizin'

just buy it... then litter your yard with broken boats... you live in Muskoka how do you expect to fit in if you don't.

but seriously your baker is cool because its a big enough boat to use A lot and have your 225 on.

PostPosted: April 25th, 2013, 9:56 am   

OneCycle wrote:
BoomerMuskoka wrote:

just buy it... then litter your yard with broken boats... you live in Muskoka how do you expect to fit in if you don't.

but seriously your baker is cool because its a big enough boat to use A lot and have your 225 on.

you should see my yard as is, not only mine but my dads, my friends,my moms and friends parents yards, all have a trail of my destruction, lol boats, sleds, atvs i have an abundance of parts stashed i need to unload in a bad way...... :lol: any one have room to hold onto a racecraft for a few years ;)